Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    oh look another one of these posts, all though now its new and improved, its an entire thread

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no...

to earn 2500+$ per month you need a real job, you have at least 10000 items in diablo, you can't be lucky all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no...

to earn 2500+$ per month you need a real job, you have at least 10000 items in diablo, you can't be lucky all the time.
    a great job you mean :/
    or you just do 60 hours a week ><

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    a great job you mean :/
    or you just do 60 hours a week ><
    Yeah I have a good job, i'm a technician in mechanical engineering and I make more than 2500 per month. But that's not the point, I'm not sure if the "super axe of the mighty barbarian" will sell more than 20$ in RAH.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2011-09-17 at 06:41 PM.

I suspect that undercutting will be outrageous
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Also this ^^ I'm sure RAH will be flooded. Bots, hardcores, nolifes, cocainomans, etc. will farm like there is no tomorrow. Sure 10000 items is a lot, but 20 million players is a lot too. (20 million is fictive)

A real job is always better, you can have a sideline, but if your sideline become your only source of money it's dangerous.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2011-09-17 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    PLUS the fact that you will LOSE real life money if you get undercut and don't sell it = gl because you will need it.

The only chance to get some cash is only if you find something extremely rare and that's not something worth it making it full time job due to the time it will require ofc...

This
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Goodluck with all those Chinese gold farmers around
    and this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    i expect a lot of undercutting that will lower the cost to near nothing, dont expect to make a life off that.
    :/

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can make enough to pay for 78 dollars every 6 months I'll be very happy. Because that means I will be able to pay for my WoW subscription with D3 AH.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Im anticipating that easily farmed items will not be bought using RL cash. The only items that are going to sell are going to be equivlant to WoW Epic or Superior items.

Deleted
    I dont think its possible.. As been said, people can just undercut like madness.

I would like d3 to be able to pay my subs for mmos ect :P - that would be awsome - And I do think that would be possible.

But lets see how the system works and how it all ends up, it can be a great thing or it can just fail and be useless, due to massive undercuts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Professional in a pay 2 win game? LOL

If you want to live at the standard US poverty level than I suppose this would be the way to go. In other words, DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB YET.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    In what way is Diablo a pay 2 win game? - You clearly dont know what that concept is about.

Pay2win games are games that has an ingame shop, most free to play games are like this, that offers items that you can ONLY buy for "shop points" that requires you to stock up on them, with real life money, some even requires you to be subscribed through a membership to be allowed to buy the points.

In no way is Diablo 3 anywhere like this, so please the it straight next time, Im so sick of people saying that just because you add the RL money element to a game, its suddenly a Pay 2 win game.

Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    Sad but true...

I play Empire and Aliies on Facebook (lol) I can pay for Empire points, will I? No, because it's a stupid game. Diablo 3 is a game too, don't underestimate the intelligence level of players. Only 2-3 people per 10000 will pay more than 100 bucks for an item.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be incredibly hard to make 2k-6k a month playing Diablo.

The AH will be flooded constantly, and rare drops would make your income inconsistent at best.

I don't recommend trying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Connoris View Post
    Im anticipating that easily farmed items will not be bought using RL cash. The only items that are going to sell are going to be equivlant to WoW Epic or Superior items.
    Ehhh maybe true maybe not. Stuff like Gems or Salvage materials, while easy to obtain, will likely be sold for a few cents each because they will be in high demand. A lot of people (myself included) probably wont have a problem paying .03-.05 cents for a couple gems or whatever if you need them to rank one up higher before using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    Do you think it would be possible to earn enough money by just playing Diablo 3 to make decent living out of it?

Is anyone planning to do so?

My friend is thinking about it, he did some reasearch and believes he can make about $2-6k monthly.
    Don't quit your dayjob IMO. Only people who are gonna make real money is blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Sad but true...

I play Empire and Aliies on Facebook (lol) I can pay for Empire points, will I? No, because it's a stupid game. Diablo 3 is a game too, don't underestimate the intelligence level of players. Only 2-3 people per 10000 will pay more than 100 bucks for an item.
    Yes, but its not LIMITED To that. You can get it by playing the game and get lucky with drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    Yes, but its not LIMITED To that. You can get it by playing the game and get lucky with drops.
    Like I said, people are smart (even if you don't agree). People who will pay 100$ for an item will be really rare. You have more tan 10000 items in the game, if you're unlucky, what do you do?