Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like console much better just because my pc cant really play games smoothly with decent settings, also I like using a controller much better

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    360 direction coupled with Pressure sensitivity is far supiror to keyboards keys. Thats not an opinion its a fact.
    While I think this is definitely the wrong place to argue this (the OP clearly didn't want a PC vs. Console argument in this thread), would you care to qualify this statement as fact? Because there are a lot of "facts" out there that apparently EVERYONE should know, but frequently contradict each other and frequently are known only to the chosen few...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    While I think this is definitely the wrong place to argue this (the OP clearly didn't want a PC vs. Console argument in this thread), would you care to qualify this statement as fact? Because there are a lot of "facts" out there that apparently EVERYONE should know, but frequently contradict each other and frequently are known only to the chosen few...
    Well since math seems to be hard for some.

360+degrees of sensitivity VS 8 I wonder which offers more options of movement.

Well since math seems to be hard for some.

360+degrees of sensitivity VS 8 I wonder which offers more options of movement.
    But do the games take advantage of it is the question? I've played games on consoles that essentially have 12 angles of motion, not a significant change from the 8 offered by keyboards, especially considering you can simulate as much or more with quick tapping of keys, and it could also be argued that the keys offer players faster directional change compared to a joystick.

So basically you've proven that with simple numerical possibilities, theoretically a joystick offers better movement control than a keyboard/mouse setup, however have yet to prove any practical evidence to support that assertion (which I won't necessarily refute, but I think both offer their own advantages and disadvantages as far as movement control goes).

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    This can be argued til the day we all die and we'll never agree, the only thing that matters is what YOU enjoy the most. I cant tell you which is the best platform for you to play and enjoy your FPS games on. I play all 3 major platforms(PS3, XBOX and PC) and I enjoy it on all of them. PC maybe a little more then the other two simply because it's the one where I started out on way back in the day.

In short: Try both and decided which you enjoy the most.

Pretty much what Above poster said.

But do the games take advantage of it is the question? I've played games on consoles that essentially have 12 angles of motion, not a significant change from the 8 offered by keyboards, especially considering you can simulate as much or more with quick tapping of keys, and it could also be argued that the keys offer players faster directional change compared to a joystick.
    Why does everyone here assume that people play console games with 1 sensitivity. I play inverted with max sensitivity most of the time. I can match pc gamers in speed of turning and movement.

But again what the above poster said there is no right and wrong its all opinions.

Pretty much what Above poster said.

Why does everyone here assume that people play console games with 1 sensitivity. I play inverted with max sensitivity most of the time. I can match pc gamers in speed of turning and movement.

But again what the above poster said there is no right and wrong its all opinions.
    I just like to know how you actually have "measured" that claim. Not that I'm saying it's impossible, but I'd love to know how that test was setup.

The one thing that people seem to divide or omit from this is that the keyboard is only half of the equation frankly as the mouse control equates to the second half. If you take something like Counter Strike which has been on both consoles as an example, you have a very good example of an Fps which movement and precision aiming are pretty much side by side. While I'm sure it's possible to run, jump, and spin around on both versions, I would be hard pressed to believe that both setups offer the exact same ability for fluid movement coupled with precise targeting. It's a fairly good standard to measure the ability to jump from a corner and do a N60E N60W and N60W again all while firing at targets before landing.

I do feel as if the underlying debate with this will always be people playing favorites due to personal ability rather then actually coming to a factual or logical acceptance of things. Frankly, I enjoy fps more on the console because they are just down right easier to manage, but just because I enjoy them more doesn't mean they're better. The experience of the industry, rather than people on forums crying their hearts out, is that the classic PC controls are more difficult and more precise to those who master them. It's the reason why the industry creates "dumb down" control configurations and added "aids" to console games such as auto target and larget hitboxing.

And for anyone who wants to argue this, please go look into the countless threads and forums dedicated to manipulating the process for damn near every modern FPS on the console market. Halo probably being the worst one as of yet.

as an attachment
    http://www.gamesfirst.com/?id=1286
    That's the best anyone can say has ever been done to balance things. And as a whole, no one liked the game so it's not much you can really go off of since it was a pile of crap. But, there are interesting points brought up which neither supports one side over another nor denies the fact that each offer something in various situations depending on internal settings by programmed numbers or features in the game. So take it at what you will.
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2011-09-18 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    Microsoft already did the test some years ago. Their conclusion? The PC gamers were obliterating the console gamers on FPS. That's that why they gave on cross-platform FPS.

This thread again? Wasn't the huge thread we had a couple weeks back enough lol? Play what you like, and don't let anyone tell you that your way is inferior. That goes for PC and console gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Microsoft already did the test some years ago. Their conclusion? The PC gamers were obliterating the console gamers on FPS. That's that why they gave on cross-platform FPS.
    I wish people would stop linking that article, it has absolutely no proof whatsoever, just says from a blog that sources say that MS did this thing and said this about it. Show me real proof and ill beleave it. I still stand by if halo 2 console and halo 2 pc could have faced each other console would have buttfucked pc.

Link me the tests from microsoft.

Deleted
    Well FPS games are "easier" on PC because its easier to aim. But as Im over 20 now and dont really give a fuck about beeing "the best" anymore I just play to have fun and I like to play games on console more because its chill and nice.
    More nice games to choose from with great gameplay and story than on PC (not talking about FPS games as I dont really like them anymore, same old same old).

Dont ppl really think that FPS games are getting a little old? They release so many new FPS games every year but when you play them multiplayer online its the same thing as 15 years ago.

Give Dark Souls noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Deleted
    Firstly you don't JUST move with the keyboard, but you use your mouse in conjunction with it. This allows you to maneuvre a lot more precisely. Whoever thinks that console gamers would stand a chance vs PC gamers in an FPS game are just hallucinating. Go and try play Quake 3 arena with a gamepad for example,you'll be in for a humbling experience.

Halo is just I wish people would stop linking that article, it has absolutely no proof whatsoever, just says from a blog that sources say that MS did this thing and said this about it. Show me real proof and ill beleave it. I still stand by if halo 2 console and halo 2 pc could have faced each other console would have buttfucked pc.
    Halo is too narrow an example, as its specifically catered to console, from gameplay to map design (almost no narrow alley, huge open area and vehicles - all help lessen the slow response of gamepad). BFBC2 is a better candidate IMO, although the game has objective-based gameplay in a huge battlefield instead of twitch gameplay: xbox version has way larger hitbox + slight auto-aim bulit-in. It also takes mores bullet to kill an enemy on PC. CS was also a good example, if you ever played CS on both console and PC, the difference was vast. Most of the quick reflex moves you leaned on PC would be impossible on console. Another example is CoD MW series, although I never played it on console to comment.

Anyone telling console has better movement thank to the left analog is outright ignorant. You dont move with keyboard alone, but keyboard + mouse in conjunction, and the right analog on console can never hope to achieve its level of precision and response.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-09-18 at 09:59 AM.

Anyone telling console has better movement thank to the left analog is outright ignorant.
    So people are ignorant for thinking different from you? As i stated before pure math puts controller ahead of keyboard and mouse. 360 + many degrees of preasure sensitivity x2 beats keyboard and mouse.

So people are ignorant for thinking different from you? As i stated before pure math puts controller ahead of keyboard and mouse. 360 + many degrees of preasure sensitivity x2 beats keyboard and mouse.
    You're "math" doesn't prove shit. You're on the border of trolling at this point. I have played every console and I'm a PC gamer first, I can promise you that not only do I KNOW for a fact that PC is superior for FPS's but so does anyone else out there that uses more than 2% of their brain, stop being an idiot.

Look, it's a fact that PC is superior with controls and graphics amirite? Yes. It's a fact and anyone that says it isn't is just in denial, kinda like that Zeta kid.

Turning and aiming on a PC is so quick and accurate compared to console. Consoles feel like you're turning a robot, even if you crank up the speed it's still not nearly as fast and gets even less accurate.

PC will always be superior. Consoles are just easier to get and cheaper to buy.

Non biased answer from a 360, PS3, PC owner.

Fact>Fanboy Opinion
    Last edited by Trapt; 2011-09-18 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapt View Post
    You're "math" doesn't prove shit. You're on the border of trolling at this point. I have played every console and I'm a PC gamer first, I can promise you that not only do I KNOW for a fact that PC is superior for FPS's but so does anyone else out there that uses more than 2% of their brain, stop being an idiot.

Look, it's a fact that PC is superior with controls and graphics amirite? Yes. It's a fact and anyone that says it isn't is just in denial, kinda like that Zeta kid.

Turning and aiming on a PC is so quick and accurate compared to console. Consoles feel like you're turning a robot, even if you crank up the speed it's still not nearly as fast and gets even less accurate.

Fact>Fanboy Opinion
    In certain incredibly scenarios, like competitive FPSes and the highest echelon of graphics, you're half-right.

Deleted
    Why people can't just stand the fact that mouse aiming and analog aiming is not even comparable? Mouse aiming depends simply on the skill and reaction of the player, analog aiming adds the control response to that equation. You CAN'T do 360 turning or non-aim assist precision aiming with a control.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 11:30 AM ----------

Fact>Fanboy Opinion
    Pretty much this.

Fact>Fanboy Opinion
    Prove it, i dont see one shred of evidence all i see is LOL PC IS BETTER, you also had to resort to name calling to try and prove your point, nice job im an idiot for not thinking what you think is right and im a kid as well.

Prove it, oh wait you cant prove that the controls are superior. Its like saying a motorcycle is better than a boat. Both are used for different things.

Turning and aiming on a PC is so quick and accurate compared to console.
    One can turn just as fast on a controller as one can on a pc. Dont beleave me go look up MLG console competitions.

Looks like a rage fueled post because someone doesnt like what you like.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 10:34 AM ----------

You CAN'T do 360 turning or non-aim assist precision aiming with a control.
    yes you can, just because you cant doesnt mean others cant.

If anyone want's to see die-hard fanboyism at it's finest, look above me.

Herp derp...

Uh..what's more accurate a controller with 1-10 speed change or a laser mouse DPI settings you can change on the fly...

Yeaaaaaa...stop being stupid.

I mean Zeta, you said you wish people would stop linking THIS ARTICLE?? But yet you say there's no proof out there that mouse-keyboard is better than controller? Hmm...You do know that this is true and not just a rumor right?

IDC what you like and IDC what you think I like, I'm not an idiot and I know which is superior and which isn't. That's the difference between you and I. You whine about proof and facts when, honestly you shouldn't need them. It's such a clear answer that you're just making yourself look even dumber each time you argue.

Yea..MLG, lol..compare that to PRO COD4 PC players..you'll be surprised.
    Last edited by Trapt; 2011-09-18 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    yes you can, just because you cant doesnt mean others cant.
    You didn't got it. You can't, it's physically impossible, the analog does not respond as the same speed as the human hand. What makes you think that it "looks" like it does its the larger hitboxs and the aim assist on the console FPSs.

It's nothing more that a question of precision.