My New Upgrade, Will It Work Right?

Hey guys I need some advice and some help from you experts.

Basically I am a gamer, and I have noticed my system suffer from time to time while recording footage with bandicam or fraps and ect.

My current setup is as follows:

CPU: Phenom X4 970 BE 3.5 Ghz Quad Core Stock Clocks.
    Mobo: ASUS M4A77D AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

Ram: 4x1gb sticks of Gskill DDR2 5-5-5-15 total of 4gb

Case: LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WBK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Okay first off I do have all my parts I want to upgrade to. I am keeping my current video card, hardrive, ssd and power supply.

I am replacing the parts listed above with-

CPU: 2500k -(Saving 100 dollars cause I heard it overclocks the same as 2600k and I dont need HT)
    Mobo- Asus Maximus Extreme Gene-Z - Micro Atx board thats cheap and awesome!
    Ram: Corsair Dominator GT 2x2GB 1866 mhz w/ fan cooler

Case: Cooler master Haf 922 blue edition.

I will be using the stock cooler till I can afford a h100 and do a push/pull system, I heard that I may need to mount the pull fans on top of the case which doesn't bother me, but some confrimation would be nice.

Will that ram play well with that motherboard? I heard this board can auto clock your ram and cpu in less that 2 mins in the mouse driven bios, I am hoping that is true I don't know to overclock.

Is this a good case to invest money in? My budget is 600.00 and this all comes in at newegg.com at 605.22 with shipping.

I am pairing my new setup with a 6970 and a 640 gb hdd and a 40gb ssd.

I also do plan to do crossfire 6970s with this board.

Will I see a big performance gain?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would lower your RAM to 1600MHz and get 8GB instead of 4GB. It's honestly becoming easy to get 8GB for under $50.... I remember when it was over $100. :P

I'd really suggest against going for the microATX Maximus.... it kind of goes against the whole reason for the Maximus, a big motherboard with "maximum" features, if you ask me. ;p I'm sure Synthaxx and others will have something to say. I'd drop to the 6950 too, personal preference, but if you have a really low budget, try and save money where you can.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well I already have 1 6970. So I might as well get another for crossfire. I read a side by side comparison of the extreme gene-z and the full atc board, and all i am missing is a few extra pci slots. The features are around identical for half the price. It has X-fi sound built in, so I don't need my audio card, and it has an Ethernet controller withing gaming software to direct internet where you want it so i don't need my killer 2100 Ethernet card. Basically, I don't need any other pci slots besides crossfire. So this board is perfect for me. I heard corsair dominator was the way to go for quality and also to match the corsair h100 push/pull cooler I will purchase later.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 12:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 12:06 PM ----------

Am I good to go on these parts? I am buying them today. Am I making a mistake anywhere?
    Last edited by Moddy; 2011-09-19 at 06:06 PM.