Behavior question

I don't have the kind of money to go to a doctor to get checked for any issues, so maybe you guys could give me a suggest on whether I should just cough up the cash to be checked.

Anyways the question is:
    Since I could remember I've never been super social, no where am I anti-social but I don't like big groups, I shy away from them nearly every time, but another thing I've seen about me and hate is that when I'm hanging with my small group of friends and we flow into a larger group I start to get defensive, irritated and generally unpleasant to be around.
    I've lost so many relationship do to this and while I do try to fight it, I just can't seem to find that part to be happy as I am in small groups.
    I've always just thought to myself that this was just because I just had a shy character about me but then again, I've never bothered to get this checked nor told anyone that I personally new.
    I use to have anger problems but as I've aged I seem to have mellowed a bit unless I'm in a large group.

Does anyone have any explanations for this?
    I normally wouldn't ask a forum but I don't want to ruin another relationship due to it.

Deleted
    You want the internet doctors to tell you that you have some oh-so-cool-and-fashionable-mental-illness.

Alas, you're just probably an introvert.

Deleted
    While I don't necessarily think that Icicle worded that first part right, I can agree with that you're probably just very introvert and you have anger managment issues.

Do a meyers-briggs test online then read about yourself. They're great for that type of stuff.

beat your head on the wall several times till your brain damaged and you wont have that behavior issue anymore.
    Last edited by Gamonthealmighty; 2011-09-22 at 07:10 PM.

I do the same thing OP, but I don't like... get angry when I'm in a big group. I usually just leave as soon as I can. Being around a lot of people just annoys me, as people have a hard time of acting their age.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    Doesn't really need to be an illness. Could be low confidence or self-esteem or you could just plainly be introvert. I hate being in big groups as well, I have just learned to deal with it when I have to, don't need medication for that. You could see a shrink to maybe talk about it and the shrink will probably be able to tell you why you are that way and how to deal with it, it helped a lot when I used one.

Quote Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    You want the internet doctors to tell you that you have some oh-so-cool-and-fashionable-mental-illness.

Alas, you're just probably an introvert.
    I could care less if it was a cool mental disease, I just don't have the cash to see anyone about it. Cash is tight.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Do a meyers-briggs test online then read about yourself. They're great for that type of stuff.
    I'll check it out, but for now, find out what a introvert is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    I could care less if it was a cool mental disease, I just don't have the cash to see anyone about it. Cash is tight.
    So, sell your kidney. Whilst you're there ask the guy removing your kidney. You get your answer and some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    So, sell your kidney. Whilst you're there ask the guy removing your kidney. You get your answer and some money.
    Just a win win situatiuon right there!

Deleted
    I know, right. Worked wonders for me.