HC Rag 10 - How to kill molten elementals with 2 melee?

Hello,

My guild recently started progressing on heroic rag (like the other half of WoW did since the nerfs :P). Our current raid comp is:

Tanks: DK, Prot Paladin
    Heals: Rdruid, Hpaladin
    Ranged: Spriest, Ele sham, Mage, Hunter
    Melee: Rogue, Feral druid

Now, I have two questions. Would it be viable to have our holy paladin stand really far back (while still in range of tanks) with righteous fury on, getting tricks and misdirect, in order for the melee to be able to come in and help the aoe? We've tried two strategies so far, but each time except once we've had problems getting the adds down. We have the hunter put his pet near the seeds so I can mind sear off his pet a bit b4 they spawn so the "ticks" of mind sear hit directly when the adds are out.

Do we need our feral to go boomkin for mushrooms / more mobile AOE while running (rather than risking swiping and the adds turning around and owning him)? Or would tricks + misdirect + righteous fury be enough to allow the feral and arcane mage to get right up next to the adds and aoe?

* I've heard two things regarding aggro by the molten elementals: some say they don't have an aggro table, others say they do. Last night during a wipe, half of them started chasing our resto druid, i mind seared him once, all of them turned to me, I faded (100% threat reduction temporarily) and they turned back to him, so I'm convinced they have an "aggro table".

Would like advice on this part of the fight Not having issues with moving before the seeds land, just having issues with killing them once they actually spawn.

Deleted
    Molten Elementals have a fixate aggro table, they will chase their target and only change aggro if the target either dies or uses something like feign death, etc. They will then change to a normal aggro table and will attack the highest aggro.

One advise I can give you: position your feral 10 yds away from the raid, place a frost trap there and let your feral swipe the adds. His add is slowed so he can just run with the elementals and ae them down. Ferals are actually pretty good for this. Tell him to save his TF / use Berserk for seeds in P2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawler24 View Post
    Molten Elementals have a fixate aggro table, they will chase their target and only change aggro if the target either dies or uses something like feign death, etc. They will then change to a normal aggro table and will attack the highest aggro.

One advise I can give you: position your feral 10 yds away from the raid, place a frost trap there and let your feral swipe the adds. His add is slowed so he can just run with the elementals and ae them down. Ferals are actually pretty good for this. Tell him to save his TF / use Berserk for seeds in P2.
    This... If you let your mage/spriest/feral stay out they can easily aoe down the big pack down and you can just kill the remaining 3 one at the time, they don't hurt all that much, when spread.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-09-22 at 07:21 PM.

What you do is have any combination of your rogue/feral/mage drop their elemental outside of the group so they can AoE without fear of getting 1 shot. That + your spriest (who sears off one of the above) + your hunter + your resto druid's mushrooms you should have no issues with the adds.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're struggling with the AoE tactic I would personally advise using a single target tactic, similar the one we used which can be found here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRf2cqfzfi0

or you can find our written guide here; http://angeredguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=73

Basically, we stack in a central position like in the AoE tactic, everyone runs away in a fan like motion, you get initial AoE on the sons through multishot, mind seer etc etc, and then the sons run to their respective target at anywhere from 40-80% HP, where that person is then responsible for killing them.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2011-09-22 at 07:54 PM.

Hmm. So would it work to have our feral drop his seed all the way in left corner, then go and aoe the other adds that aren't his? And maybe have the mage drop his near the door to rag, and blink in and help aoe? They won't turn and 1shot him for sure, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    Hmm. So would it work to have our feral drop his seed all the way in left corner, then go and aoe the other adds that aren't his? And maybe have the mage drop his near the door to rag, and blink in and help aoe? They won't turn and 1shot him for sure, right?
    Adds target the person they targetted, but fade and invisibility can make them change target so be careful with that, the feral and mage could both drop their seed near the far left/right corner depending on the side and then aoe'ing, thats our current tactic at least

Deleted
    There are at least three possible tactics for handling the adds, depends on your line-up and raid cooldowns.

1.) Stacking Raid on Seeds -> move to new position -> range aoe them down
    2.) Spread out -> move on impacts -> single them out
    3.) Spread out -> move to a camp position in the middle -> aoe them down while raid cooldown (last stand / aoe bubble / spirit link)

Our 10-man sticks to number three (got 1-2 melees in line up). especially after the 15% dmg / health nerf it isn't any problem anymore. just avoid the impact damage.

use Hand of Protection on the melee(or ranged) you want to have aoe the large group right before the seeds come out. They won't be fixated and can add a ton of aoe damage if they don't have to kite them out.
    Xonkjr - <Midwinter> US - Sargeras

Spawn the melee seeds outside of the group, and the melee can AoE all the other adds. Can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkKZ...eedwll&list=WL

Note that this video is from before the HP nerfs to the adds so now it's easier.