Deleted

Diablo II install - CD-Key help!

Hello champs!

So i decided to pick up Diablo II again now that im all pumped about Diablo III
    Tried to install it manually via the CD's but it had an error i've read alot about when running Windows Vista, so i gave up on that.

Went to Battle.net and added my Diablo II to my account, it asked for CD-key, I typed it in and there was no problems.
    Finished downloading the client and i could press "Install" so i went ahead and it asked for the CD-Key again. Typed it in, but this time it said
    "The CD-Key entered in the Diablo II field was invalid. Please make sure that it was typed in correctly."

Now i checked this a bunch of times but it keeps saying that. What can i do?

15+ Year Old Account
    my best bet is to re-download it from your battle.net account, and make sure you are logged in.

When you download something from your account it shouldn't prompt you for a key again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    my best bet is to re-download it from your battle.net account, and make sure you are logged in.

When you download something from your account it shouldn't prompt you for a key again...
    Found out i was logged out of Battle.net, logged in again but it still asks for a CD-Key

Edit: Read too fast in frustration. Found i had a game key on Battle.net and that was the one which worked. Yet it asked for "CD-Key"

Appreciate the help <3!
    Last edited by mmoce107d4ab3d; 2011-09-23 at 01:15 AM.

Recentlly diablo 2 had a thing where you would enter your cdkey into your bnet account and then it would spit out a 20somthing digit new cd key thats required for newer installs of d2.

Check the CD key that is on your Battle.net Diablo 2 page, it may be different from your old key.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this same problem. All I did was delete ALL D2 files from my PC and reinstall it to C:

Deleted
    Yeah i had to use the CD-Key from the battle.net the second time cheers guys