For people who stockpiles pyrite

I would suggest you read the story in the following link.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...ng-the-cheese/

Obvious Troll is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTailedFox View Post
    Obvious Troll is obvious
    Only troll here is the one pretending to call out a troll.

OT: More old people, like my grandma, need to try harder to understand this story's message.
    *Serious face... fist in air.*

To any/all posters:

Quit calling other people trolls. If you feel someone is trolling, report it and move on. Calling people names earns infractions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnwild View Post
    Only troll here is the one pretending to call out a troll.

OT: More old people, like my grandma, need to try harder to understand this story's message.
    Older folks tend to prefer what they know, it makes a lot of sense, it takes a fair amount of effort and resources (personal/mental ones) to learn something new while sticking with what you know while maybe not optimal any more is often "easier". Of course over time the extra effort required to do it the "old way" eventually costs more personal resources than re-learning the new "easy way" would have taken but it's a trade off

I believe Blizz said in an interview they planned on dropping epic gems in Dragon Soul. I had a decent stockpile in hopes of prospecting it but that wasn't meant to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I believe Blizz said in an interview they planned on dropping epic gems in Dragon Soul. I had a decent stockpile in hopes of prospecting it but that wasn't meant to be.
    You do actually sit squarely in the middle of the target the OP was aiming at: Those who continue to stockpile "just in case"

I'm doing the same purely because i've nothing to loose sitting on pyrite i've already been holding a few months to find out if they change their mind about the source. It's fairly likely even with the original gems dropping only in the instance it will be opened up in a further patch (same as bosses get nerfed)

If I still have my stacks in the dying days then i'll either liquidate them as best I can or feed out a few uncut gems for those that decide to change profs/jump on the new hero/race bandwagon come mists. It's no biggie. I didn't go tooooo nuts (like 2/3 a page of a guild bank tab) so it won't really mess with me. I pull in around 10k gold weekly which is mild by some ppls standards but easilly enough to put some away for a rainy day/next expansion

Worst comes to worst, for me, I've got maybe 20 stacks or so. I'll prospect them and sell the gems as people continue to obtain T12 and T13 and T13 equivalent gear if epic gems don't drop.

If they do, I'll still do that and just save the epics for me and my guild.

For those sitting on hundreds or even thousands of stacks across many toons/guild bank tabs, they may be in for a bit more of a problem.

Not even a good troll -_-''

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-09-26 at 12:58 PM.

Sucks but what can you do. Pile of worthless pyrite is worthless. I didn't buy it, and it still sells ok for normal gems, which will still be needed by all but the t13 raiders. Ergo it is not 100% wasted effort to have kept it, in case they maybe quadrupled in value.