Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy 4PC is such a joke. Really? A set bonus of a talent we already have?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    Holy 4PC is such a joke. Really? A set bonus of a talent we already have?
    A talent that nobody takes, on top of that. I think the Priest devs are just trolling us.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    While true, many disc priests just bubble for rapture, so every 12 seconds. So, with 1/10 bubbles, and assuming around a 30k shield, every 120 seconds, we get a free 30k bonus to a shield. 30k/120s = 250 hps... that is beyond sad. Now, if you are tank healing, you use a lot more shields, thus more hps, but not everyone tank heals...
    I don't just bubble for Rapture, when I'm tank healing I bubble as often as possible while still managing Rapture.

You can average a RANDOM proc into "120 seconds", but it will still be random. Unless it has an ICD (which, with that small of a chance, ICD should be small, if existent) You could get 5 procs in a row, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Somehow they must think Holy Priests use PWS enough that they can make the actual bonuses meant for them terrible in comparison to Disc, that's the only way I can rationalize how bad they really are.

They need to finally give separate sets to Holy and Disc, or at least get over the "different spell, same bonus" paradigm. You can really tell that their attempts to distinguish the specs and make them both viable is limiting what they can do with the set bonuses and ultimately one spec suffers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    A talent that nobody takes, on top of that. I think the Priest devs are just trolling us.

I don't just bubble for Rapture, when I'm tank healing I bubble as often as possible while still managing Rapture.

You can average a RANDOM proc into "120 seconds", but it will still be random. Unless it has an ICD (which, with that small of a chance, ICD should be small, if existent) You could get 5 procs in a row, who knows?
    I said tank healing would have a higher proc rate. But for instance, I'm in a raid healing role... I get almost no benifit from the 4pc. In fact, it's worse since it will offset by rapture times.

I said tank healing would have a higher proc rate. But for instance, I'm in a raid healing role... I get almost no benifit from the 4pc. In fact, it's worse since it will offset by rapture times.
    How? You should be using the tank as your guaranteed rapture proc even while raid healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    How? You should be using the tank as your guaranteed rapture proc even while raid healing.
    Not necisarily... on H Beth'tilac, for example, I'd much rather shield a raid member than tank, since one person is dedicated to tank, the shield will be fully absorbed by the AoE, and it assists my raid healing for that GCD. 65k+ isn't guarenteed to break on raid damage. Yea, I can just always shield the tank... but that isn't always how I want to proc my rapture...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    These set bonuses are awesome, and favor Holy a bit more than Disc.

The 2-piece and 4-piece go together hand-in-hand to make for a big raid cooldown. Both Holy and Disc benefit from the Power Word: Shield bonus, Holy just gets the extra bonus to Holy Words as a freebie. Not sure why that's a bad thing for Holy.

So, we get a 25% mana reduction cooldown that lasts 10/15 seconds. How do you take the most advantage of that? By casting Instants with no cooldown. Those are:

Power Word: Shield - Here is where the 2-piece and 4-piece work hand-in-hand. Not only are you Shields costing you 25% less, but they have a 10% chance to absorb 100% more damage, whether you are Holy or Disc. Disc gets the added benefit of them being stronger, but Holy gets the added benefit of this also being used to blanket the raid with Body & Soul. Spec into 1 second shields, these will still be GCD limited. This is great during high damage phases.

Renew - Better for Holy as they are stronger and the GCD can be reduced allowing a lot more to go out in Holy's 15s. A nice toasty HoT blanket with 25% less mana fibers.

Holy Nova - Ha, no kidding. This may actually be an option especially with the glyph as a raid healing alternative during total stack situations (and we know there are plenty of those in Firelands, that may still be the case in 4.3).

So, not only are these bonuses pretty sweet, they actually introduce an interesting new twist on our healing capability that challenges us to get maximum potential out of spells we already have and use. It turns a talent Holy didn't really see as viable in 4.3 anyway (Lightwell) into something actually useable without LOSING a useful talent like Disc priests lose PI as an independent buff. Now PI is a weird dual cooldown with similar buffs where one drops off after 10 seconds and the other still goes on. That's just weird.

Yeah, no. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-27 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post

The 2-piece and 4-piece go together hand-in-hand to make for a big raid cooldown. Both Holy and Disc benefit from the Power Word: Shield bonus, Holy just gets the extra bonus to Holy Words as a freebie. Not sure why that's a bad thing for Holy.

So, we get a 25% mana reduction cooldown that lasts 10/15 seconds. How do you take the most advantage of that? By casting Instants with no cooldown. Those are:

Power Word: Shield - Here is where the 2-piece and 4-piece work hand-in-hand. Not only are you Shields costing you 25% less, but they have a 10% chance to absorb 100% more damage, whether you are Holy or Disc. Disc gets the added benefit of them being stronger, but Holy gets the added benefit of this also being used to blanket the raid with Body & Soul. Spec into 1 second shields, these will still be GCD limited. This is great during high damage phases.

Renew - Better for Holy as they are stronger and the GCD can be reduced allowing a lot more to go out in Holy's 15s. A nice toasty HoT blanket with 25% less mana fibers.

Holy Nova - Ha, no kidding. This may actually be an option especially with the glyph as a raid healing alternative during total stack situations (and we know there are plenty of those in Firelands, that may still be the case in 4.3).

So, not only are these bonuses pretty sweet, they actually introduce an interesting new twist on our healing capability that challenges us to get maximum potential out of spells we already have and use. It turns a talent Holy didn't really see as viable in 4.3 anyway (Lightwell) into something actually useable without LOSING a useful talent like Disc priests lose PI as an independent buff. Now PI is a weird dual cooldown with similar buffs where one drops off after 10 seconds and the other still goes on. That's just weird.

Holy Nova -
    Please tell me you are a master expert at trolling.

Not necisarily... on H Beth'tilac, for example, I'd much rather shield a raid member than tank, since one person is dedicated to tank, the shield will be fully absorbed by the AoE, and it assists my raid healing for that GCD. 65k+ isn't guarenteed to break on raid damage. Yea, I can just always shield the tank... but that isn't always how I want to proc my rapture...
    If you don't PW:S the tank for rapture, you are ALWAYS taking a risk that it won't pop.

Yeah, no. --Kel

what?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

what?

Its a troll, don't even give him a response.

Troll was infracted, not really worth it for everyone to point out the troll or to point out people responding to the troll. If you see something that looks like a troll just hit the report button and move on -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-27 at 02:55 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was not trolling, just describing what I felt were positive aspects of the priest healing bonuses. If that isn't allowed then I'm not sure what this forum is here for.

Post removed because I don't want to get in trouble. Ummmm... go priests!
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-09-27 at 05:12 AM.

Yeah, no. --Kel
    what the...is he serious? can't be serious!

Maybe it's one of the priest devs... Would explain a lot!
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck View Post
    Maybe it's one of the priest devs... Would explain a lot!
    Heheh The mind does boggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc did kinda of get better bonus' here, but they still are not great. the 2 pc for disc definatly shits all over the holy one, but the 4pc is not that fantastic. Some RNG bonus healing on a spell any decent disc priest is using once every 11-13 seconds minus emergency bad dps saving reactions and the occasional mechanic where it beats out PoH (First 2 stomps on Rhyo, Just before 50 power Alys)

Imo the disc one should be Power word shield absorbs 100% increased damage. 10-11 second cooldown.
    Holy 4pc should be. Your lightwell will automatically heal players passing within 15 yds who are at or below blah blah amount of health and your lighwell has 200% increased amount of charges!

I was not trolling, just describing what I felt were positive aspects of the priest healing bonuses. If that isn't allowed then I'm not sure what this forum is here for.
    It is allowed, however you should re-look what you are doing as a holy priest if this is what you "feel".

The disc bonus is ok, free bubble spam for 10 seconds is a nice CD but I don't support bubble spamming now since they tried so hard to nerf it to hell. Non-disc does not benefit from this shield bonus as much as disc. Since picking up soul warding to spam bubbles for 15 seconds on a 3 minute CD that is most likely used before the pull for placement purposes for holy it is complete crap.

Lightwell is 3 min CD, PI is 1.5 with talents. LW is used before pulls and before in-consistent damage. Because of the 3 min CD T12 has better mana regain overall then T13.

Your comment on holy nova makes no sense. The mana cost was never the issue, it just plain sucks.

Renew blanketing does not work now as it did in wrath. We are not druids. Renew is good for non-discipline priests but we don't just blanket thinking it will be great healing like it was in wrath. The mana cost was also never the issue for non disc.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post

Holy 4pc should be. Your lightwell will automatically heal players passing within 15 yds who are at or below blah blah amount of health and your lighwell has 200% increased amount of charges!
    That would be loltocwell and blizzard does not support it because its just another place and forget spell for us. Although its already a place and let the entire group but myself forget it spell.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Disc 4PC isn't AMAZING; especially for raid healing discs. If we see this age of constant raid damage continue into T13, increase the proc chance and make it Aegis... say 20%. If its more of a HM Rag damage model, aegis on the raid will go to waste often if not it benefits both Tank and Raid Disc.

For Holy, I understand they WANT to use Holy Words since its so 'iconic' for the spec this Expac, but they need to fix them first. I've been a fan of the many priests suggesting Sanctuary to provide a healing buff to the priest. Alternatively I also like a suggestion I read on the O Forums allowing COH an X% chance to hit double the number of targets and increased its reach to 70 yards.

Yeah, no. --Kel
    Since you posted that this is your real feeling and not a troll:

The 25% mana reduction tied to lightwell will be wasted. If you haven't noticed, lightwell has a mana cost, so most priests will cast it before the pull. There is nothing to heal that you spam for 15 seconds on the pull, so that bonus is wasted. You can probably take advantage of the bonus on the 2nd lightwell cast during the fight.

Holy spec and shield spamming: Let me know how you can sustain this and not run out of mana. You cannot blanket the raid with body and soul, the buff only lasts 4 seconds. If you have a disc priest in the raid, expect a lot of angry tells for putting weakened soul into the raid members while placing a weak ass bubble (remember your mastery? yeah) on them.

I'm all for being different but your playstyle seems to border more on inefficiency and playing into your spec weakness as opposed to your spec strengths.