[1.8.1] Water Shader Alpha

If you don't really visit other minecraft forums you may not be aware of this superb mod that has been getting a lot of attention in the last few months.

And a vid

It's really easy to install...theres instructions in the zip when you download it

ATI isn't fully supported yet and you may need to allocate more ram to minecraft if you haven't already

you can read the thread here and download it if you like what you see.

Yeah, I've been using this and it looks pretty damn smexy.

wow, thats actually rather impressive

That's freaking awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Wow thats amazing, I'm getting that as soon as I get home from work!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love this. Sadly, it wasn't compatible with the optimizer mod I ran also and since the optimizer isn't out for 1.8.1, I've been running this. Only gripe is waterfalls in caves (and waterfalls in general) are hard to see...need to tweak the settings to make the water more blue and less see-through
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Yeah waterfalls are a bit of a pain to get looking right...i have the color toned down a bit on mine and increased the transparency otherwise it stands out way to much in darkened areas...there is a config text that lets you fiddle with color and transparency after that it depends on your texture pack.

Although i love the mod i read the thread daily to see if there is anything new and the amount of people not reading the instal instructions or misinterpreting them(which is almost impossible to do) its really starting to grate that 1 problem is given an answer and then you have multiple posts asking how to fix the same problem straight after.
    One guy asked why his didn't work and posted his error report showing he put the shader problem in the wrong place i answered the question and immediately after 2 identical problems on the same friken page, maybe the mod creator needs to post the instal instructions in multiple languages?

Installed this, it's pretty good!

Deleted
    Looks awesome, But could you pherhaps post a picture or vid of how the waterfalls, Or steaming water looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by leith1337 View Post
    Looks awesome, But could you pherhaps post a picture or vid of how the waterfalls, Or steaming water looks like?
    There are plenty of videos and pics in the mods thread

Also after a long wait and a thread lock the mod has been updated to 1.0.0...it is a quick fix version though so previous bugs are still there.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How exactly does one "allocate" more memory to this particular program?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    How exactly does one "allocate" more memory to this particular program?
    there is a few ways i know of...only one of them worked for me, you can open the java control panel and allocate from there(this didn't work for me) or you can make a .bat file.

For the .bat you create a plain .txt file open it and add this line with a few changes

javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\Minecraft.exe"

Where the *** is add the name of your computer/username for that computer and to increase the amount of ram or decrease it change the -Xmx2048 to the desired amount be it 4096 or more.

Once you have that sorted just save the file as .bat

looks so sweet gonna check it out when I get home.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    there is a few ways i know of...only one of them worked for me, you can open the java control panel and allocate from there(this didn't work for me) or you can make a .bat file.

For the .bat you create a plain .txt file open it and add this line with a few changes

javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\Minecraft.exe"

Where the *** is add the name of your computer/username for that computer and to increase the amount of ram or decrease it change the -Xmx2048 to the desired amount be it 4096 or more.

Once you have that sorted just save the file as .bat
    That's rather cumbersome...

Anyway, thanks.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

WOW!! This is amazing! I'm making a shortfilm and this is perfect to add some more realism! Thanks ALOT for sharing <3

This is not water shaders but it does add quite a lot of stuff to the game if you figure out how to use it properly

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...dows-and-more/

EDIT: But actually reading the site, it isnt compatible with the water shaders mod but might be in the future. Its worth a look anyways

Quote Originally Posted by b00rz View Post
    This is not water shaders but it does add quite a lot of stuff to the game if you figure out how to use it properly

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...dows-and-more/
    I had a go of that shader whilst waiting for the watershader to be updated it's quite good...i notice they added a new lighting/shadow system with the newer version which wasn't there when i tried it before...may need to give it a go again