Realms, how will they work?

Hey, I got a few questions considering realms, and Id love some help!

I realise that some of my questions may be undecided yet, and therefore have no answer.

1) Will there be possibilities for me to choose if I want to play on US Realms with an EU account? (And take the lag I get) like it is in Warcraft 3's battle.net (You choose what platform to game on, but if you dont choose EU for EU, you are likely to have some lagg).

2) How will the interaction between realms be? (Can I for instance transfer characthers between realm, or invite people over realms, what can I do with people from other realms?)

3) Are there any idea how many will be up at launch? I assume more will be opened as they see needed, but how many is there planned to be opened from start?

I personally haven't heard about any of those really being discussed about being available at launch, but one thing I do know about realm such things is that Bioware does not want cross server dungeon queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    I personally haven't heard about any of those really being discussed about being available at launch, but one thing I do know about realm such things is that Bioware does not want cross server dungeon queues.
    Thats great!
    The thing I really want info about is my first question though, would be nice to know if I could game with some friends from other games (and forums) thats not from EU by going to their realm!

When I saw this title I thought of this video:

Hilarious.

On topic though, from what I understand there is no such thing as an EU client or a US client. It's all one client and you just pick which region you want to play in.

They have not announced cross-server communication.

They have not said how many servers at launch. Not trying to be a jerk, but why do you care how many servers there are?

Add pvp ques to that list

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    They have not said how many servers at launch. Not trying to be a jerk, but why do you care how many servers there are?
    I got absolutely no idea, but I was curious about it so I asked if any1 knew.
    I like what u say about not one EU and one US client though!

Personally, as long as Bioware does not do what Star Trek did im fine with it. I like having dedicated servers instead of everyone on the same and the work load spread across multiple cells of servers with the instances and raids being on separate ones