Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i was runing on 1025 voltage and the problem happened to me today , so i check the program 'after burner' and i saw the GPU Usage at some point went to 100% , that means its a Voltage issue ??????
    now trying 1050 voltage , but i am scared that i make some issue to my graphic card with this , cos i i dont know what is the 'non safe number ' like 1050 is not safe or 1080 ...etc , and i dont know also if all this should be based on my power suply power or not , so plz , if someone got usfull info about any part of these , help ASAP , ty
    ' trying to search on goodle ..etc but so many threads with different bla bla bla '

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 11:17 PM ----------

and also , the maximum nunber u can choose is 1150 , so we are getting near the Max which make me scare , is this going to effect my PC in the next few months :'( ?

Deleted
    GPU useage is normaly at around 100 % when you run games ect.

I had these issues when I started to fiddle with OC on my gtx 560 ti MSI.

atm, I got mine set to 1050, its stable now and wont crash on me anymore.

Coreclock : 920
    Shadoerclock : 1840
    Memoryclock : 2100

I used to crash sometimes when I really pushed it, now - its running smooth, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    GPU useage is normaly at around 100 % when you run games ect.

I had these issues when I started to fiddle with OC on my gtx 560 ti MSI.

atm, I got mine set to 1050, its stable now and wont crash on me anymore.

Coreclock : 920
    Shadoerclock : 1840
    Memoryclock : 2100

I used to crash sometimes when I really pushed it, now - its running smooth, no issues.
    i didnt touch those numbers , i have :

Coreclock : 782
    Shadoerclock : 1564
    Memoryclock : 2004

should i change them too ? , and u sure those stuff wont effect the PC ?

Deleted
    OCing will always effect the life span of your computer / gfx card, in this case - its just the gfx card thats going to take a hit, increasing the voltage a bit, but leaving the other numbers, I dont think that would effect it that much - as long as you keep it with in limits - there is where reading up on it comes in - if you start to OC and tweak performance, you use alot of time online, reading up on others experiences... and burning your way through various equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    OCing will always effect the life span of your computer / gfx card, in this case - its just the gfx card thats going to take a hit, increasing the voltage a bit, but leaving the other numbers, I dont think that would effect it that much - as long as you keep it with in limits - there is where reading up on it comes in - if you start to OC and tweak performance, you use alot of time online, reading up on others experiences... and burning your way through various equipment.
    so what do u sugest ? i change voltage only and if problem solved thats it ? or i chhange those 3 numbers also same as u ? or something between ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gengen1 View Post
    so what do u sugest ? i change voltage only and if problem solved thats it ? or i chhange those 3 numbers also same as u ? or something between ?
    You realize that he doesn't even have the same card as you do? And that the whole point of this voltage tweak was that it corrected the already factory overclocked card, not the one with standard clocks (like you do, judging by the frequencies you posted).

Don't change any clock values (coreclock, shaderclock, memoryclock), they won't help your problem. If you want to try the voltage thing, set it to 1.050 and see if it helps, if it doesn't, change it back to what it originally was. I'm fairly sure that 1.050 is safe, not promising anything.

Crash again while using 1050 ((((

display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 280.26 stopped responding ' the msg ' u already know of '

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    i had to bump my voltage all the way up to 1,100V to stop the driver crashing.

i started at 1.050 and kept bumping it by 010 at the time untill i got it stable at 1,100V

i haven`t heard of any gtx5800 cards that couldn`t handle 1.100V yet

so if 1.050 doesn`t work for you, then go 1.060 and if that doesn`t work then try 1.070 and so on
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

anyone else can add more info guys ?

I've had these "stopped responding and has successfully recovered" errors in WoW for a while now, but WoW never crashes as a result. I just get a blank screen for 2-3 seconds, then everything's back to normal.

It seemed like it started with the 265-270 NVIDIA drivers maybe? Or perhaps some WoW patch caused it. Not sure exactly. But it never happened in 3-4 months of having this system prior to that time. Temperatures are always fine, I've checked.

When I first started experimenting to solve it, I was using the 275 drivers, and an EVGA GTX 580, and it happened pretty often. I tried another new EVGA GTX 580, same thing, nothing changed. I tried swapping in an EVGA GTX 460 SE (same drivers), problem never happened at all. Later, I swapped in an EVGA GTX 570 SC, and it started happening again, but very rarely compared to the GTX 580. I continued using the GTX 570 SC since it was the fastest card I could find where the problem wasn't too bad. Later, I updated to the new 280 drivers, and I would say that the problem become even more rare than it was with the 275 drivers.

All of this has tempted me to go with ATI/AMD in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingftw View Post
    This can be fixed by increasing the GPU voltage with program like MSI afterburner.
    Not always the case. I have my 570 bumped up to 1050mV and it would still crash out with the TRD error. I've since cleaned every nvidia driver out, reinstalled the 280 but only the video driver. No 3d support and no hd audio driver. So far so good.

It's not a bad thing to raise the voltages, especially if your card is marked as a "superclocked" or some other marketing fad-name bullshit. As it seems they're not set to a higher voltage from the factory.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

any one else got more info about this issue guys ?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gengen1 View Post
    any one else got more info about this issue guys ?
    there isnt any more info on the problem m8

if you google gtx580 driver crash, you will get the same ansaw as we have given you.

the only way to fix the problem is to bump up the voltage........... the big problem with the pre-ocèd gtx570/580 is that the manufactores forgot to set the voltage higher when they ocèd the cards. some manufactores has made new bios versions for the cards, that bumps up the voltage, but not all have made new bios version and so you will have to bump up the voltage yourself.

and as i said before....... if 1.050 is not enough for your card, then bump it up to 1.060/1.070/1.080 and so on.
    my two cards needs 1.100V to not crash and there are runing like this
    core voltage 1.100V
    core clock 850
    shader clock 1700
    memory clock 2200
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    What's your psu like? Does it provide enough power to your graphic card? Are you using the PCEe cables from the psu or using some adapters from hdd connectors? Some time ago (though a different graphic card) I had crashes that were resolved just by getting a more powerful power supply.

I've been having this same problem with a GTX 570, trying the MSI afterburner work around. I'm really hoping this fixes my problems because I've only really been crashing on Aly and Rag.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    I've had these "stopped responding and has successfully recovered" errors in WoW for a while now, but WoW never crashes as a result. I just get a blank screen for 2-3 seconds, then everything's back to normal.
    I've been having similar crashing issues with my GTX580, but the crashes are highly unpredictable and infrequent - something along the lines of once every 3-4 days, which I can live with considering WoW is on an SSD and I can be back in the game in less than 10 secs. I see something similar to you, except that my WoW can't seem to recover from the black screen and simply stops responding.

@Others claiming voltage is the problem, what about cards that aren't at stock voltages/clocks? Considering the wide variety people with problems, I think it's mostly driver-related.
    Sorry but I have a hard time believing that 1.125v isn't enough for a 900/2150 OC considering it runs perfectly stable in all versions of Crysis, DX10 and 11 and benchmarks such as Heaven/Furmark. Those apps/games force my GPU to 99% usage, while WoW can barely manage 60-70% usage, so how the hell can it be needing more voltage?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I get lower FPS with DX9 though, noticeably lower I wanna run in DX11
    The first few weeks of DX11 were heavily crash-infested but it's *mostly* solved now.

I suspect going back to DX9 could fix it, but for me the crashes happen so infrequently that I can live with it :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

omg , i crashed again !!!!!!

-I removed all drivers and reinstall .
    -i installed MIS AFTERBURNER and made voltage 1100

while playing i crashed again for the same old reason , what to do ?
    and something also happen i want to mention , in my desktop i have Gadget ' all got it ~ ' that show CPU and RAM % , when i made those 1100 change , RAM percent reached 80% , why is that ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Do what Panser/Dynellen said as well as skip the 280 drivers and download the beta 285 drivers.
    roccat ftw

tried it after Installing new Win7 , Crash again >.<