Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeerid View Post
    What? No it's not. Only your story quests and some of the heroic quests are instanced.
    Nope, all planets are instanced.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Another trolling toon, cute.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 11:56 AM ----------

It is a troll or someone really ignorant, either way its not worth the effort typing to it.
    Wait for release and then you see it. Its not trolling, look at the hero engine, the complete engine is build for instanced gameplay.

I don't have to wait for release, your term "completely instanced" in generic MMO terms is completely incorrect.

Making it sound like Vindictus or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
    Nope, all planets are instanced.
    So is each continent in WoW so your point is ?

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    So is each continent in WoW so your point is ?
    What? no...the wow continents are not instantiated, only the dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop feeding the troll. You guys know the rules. Report and move on!

Stop trolling, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by niwz View Post
    losing subs dont have to mean better content. in wow's case its more content in a faster rate wich I would say is rly bad
    I already unsubscribed from WoW. It's partly because of SWTOR's impending release, but more because of my disagreements with WoW's developer and design intent. I just don't agree with the direction the game is heading. When so many things about a game frustrate me, it's time to stop playing that game.

The unpredictable or perhaps just unknown factor for me about wow's subscription base are all the casuals. We just had some pretty frightening statistics on the firelands raids that shocked even me in showing how many there actually are. By casuals here I don't mean to insult anyone, I just mean 'people who haven't cleared the current tier in normal mode' not that there is anything wrong with that type of playstyle.

Most of the people posting in mmo-champion, I assume, are either raiders, pvpers or others who play the game a lot or have been playing for a long time = don't represent the true subscriptionbase of those 11 million players. This in my mind is very important when talking about the 'impending decline of wow' and 'wowkilling' (which I believe only wow itself is capable of). I have no idea how the casuals are going to react to swtor or whether they're going to do anything at all. Personally I think a game like swtor with it's rpg could have a lot more to offer the casuals than what wow is offering right now, but then again I think they're also the ones that love the dungeon finder and instant queue which is missing from tor. I guess only the endgame will truly tell us. Will the casual playerbase even consider the option of switching to tor and is the entry fee too expensive in their opinion? Worst of all, this is exactly the silent playerbase that does not frequent these fansites enough to engage in discussion and answer some of the questions. Feel free to correct me on this, I'm glad if you can. Also I'm really not looking to start any casualbashing here, allright?
    Last edited by Ozires; 2011-10-21 at 07:53 PM.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by RetributionPaladin View Post
    It will make the industry pull its socks up like never before, I think for once Blizzard will go back to their roots and sink or swim out of their current complacency. But if it fails, I think there will be a huge depression in the market, investors will become extremely skeptical, developers all round will lose morale.

"If all that money just makes a flash in the pan, what are we supposed to do?"
    SWtOR will not fail. The game will bring a much needed reminder of how great mmos can be, and will subside the f2p pandemic that is plaguing the industry.
    i have no doubt this game will revolutionize the way many people look at mmos, if not by the sheer size, original storyline-questing, or quality music...then by the mere fact you are finally playing a mmo with a light saber.
    Last edited by deepfire; 2011-10-21 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    The main thing that could break TOR is a lack of endgame content and content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
    SWTOR is completely instanced, that is the main problem in this game.
    Thanks for the chuckle

I'm hoping for a Mass Effect MMO

Honestly, the only thing I'm worried about with SW:ToR at this point is the following:

1: I choose an overpopulated server and am deluged by server crashes (as common with any MMO launch.)
    2: I choose an underpopulated server
    3: George Lucas makes more movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Honestly, the only thing I'm worried about with SW:ToR at this point is the following:

1: I choose an overpopulated server and am deluged by server crashes (as common with any MMO launch.)
    2: I choose an underpopulated server
    3: George Lucas makes more movies.
    If George made movies of the Thrawn Trilogy or the NJO series I wouldn't care at all :P Hell he could even throw Jar-Jar in there a few times, as long as he lets the Yuuzhan Vong get a hold of him.

But yea that's one of the things I'm worried about too (point 1 and 2) since guilds are being preassigned to servers I *really* hope my server isn't terrible.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    If George made movies of the Thrawn Trilogy or the NJO series I wouldn't care at all :P Hell he could even throw Jar-Jar in there a few times, as long as he lets the Yuuzhan Vong get a hold of him.

But yea that's one of the things I'm worried about too (point 1 and 2) since guilds are being preassigned to servers I *really* hope my server isn't terrible.
    Wait. What?

I hadn't heard hide nor hair of guild being preassigned servers. I guess that's why the website is so hot to trot to have you select allies and opponents, to try and match you up on servers. I mean, I suppose it's good for them, it helps them balance server load at launch, but nonetheless, that could be potentially bad, and leave a poor taste in a great many people's mouths.

It's one thing to choose a shitty server yourself, because you have no one to blame. But if Bioware deals you a bad server, lots of people are going to be pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Wait. What?

I hadn't heard hide nor hair of guild being preassigned servers. I guess that's why the website is so hot to trot to have you select allies and opponents, to try and match you up on servers. I mean, I suppose it's good for them, it helps them balance server load at launch, but nonetheless, that could be potentially bad, and leave a poor taste in a great many people's mouths.

It's one thing to choose a shitty server yourself, because you have no one to blame. But if Bioware deals you a bad server, lots of people are going to be pissed.
    From what I understand, and Trolls or someone else with a quote can correct me if I'm wrong here, once Phase 3 of the guild workings rolls around on the SWTOR website you pretty much confirm you're going to be playing the game by having 4 guild members with preorders. Then it selects a server and creates your guild on that server, guild members can either then decide to go to that server and join the created guild or go to a different server (where I don't know if they'll be able to create the guild there or not). I'm not 100% sure on all that but I'm pretty positive that's what I remember reading.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    From what I understand, and Trolls or someone else with a quote can correct me if I'm wrong here, once Phase 3 of the guild workings rolls around on the SWTOR website you pretty much confirm you're going to be playing the game by having 4 guild members with preorders. Then it selects a server and creates your guild on that server, guild members can either then decide to go to that server and join the created guild or go to a different server (where I don't know if they'll be able to create the guild there or not). I'm not 100% sure on all that but I'm pretty positive that's what I remember reading.
    yes this is true. this is why there is an allignment system. Let me try and find a link.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq#q3
    Last edited by Thornstar; 2011-10-22 at 03:48 AM.

Well, I guess I understand that.

"Take your guaranteed Guild Name on the server of our choice" or "Take your chances on the server of your choice" is a pretty fair deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. You can choose to not be auto placed.

Personally, since I run a large guild, it is a godsend to me. All my guildies first toons will be placed on the same server and automatically join the guild without invite hastles. And if they can balance starter servers with good numbers (which is easier doing it this way than any other pin the tail on the donkey thing I've seen in other games), I'm stoked for it.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Correct. You can choose to not be auto placed.

Personally, since I run a large guild, it is a godsend to me. All my guildies first toons will be placed on the same server and automatically join the guild without invite hastles. And if they can balance starter servers with good numbers (which is easier doing it this way than any other pin the tail on the donkey thing I've seen in other games), I'm stoked for it.
    You know you want to invite 103 people to the guild on day 1. Who needs to play on launch day :P