Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    So, uh, I'm bad at matching band names with songs.

Anyone care to throw out a few songs by Foo Fighters? I know who they are...but I can't think of any songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So. Fucking. Excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

blizzcon 2011 coming up

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tech N9ne would destroy the show. He appeals to almost everyone who knows his music. He has done music with countless great and famous artist and is FINALLY getting the props he deserves. I would vote Tech N9ne for Blizzcon 2012 featured performer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshpit View Post
    Okay, to clear up what I said earlier. I would like to see Motorhead or Judas at Blizzcon, but you need nowaday music. I am sorry that my opinion offends so many people.
    Its not your opinion that is offensive, just your supposition that either are more loved than the Foo Fighters. I'm not saying they aren't; I'm also not throwing out my own conjectures as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    Doesn't mean people want to see a 40 year old band, either
    Iron Maiden is also more as 30 years old , and so is metallica , and people are also dying to see them live.

Deleted
    In my opinion, Motorhead and judas priest are about 20 years out of date, silly rock bands in denim and too much leather, Hell, they arent even considered metal bands anymore are they? Foo Fighters are a better band than both of them combined. Besides, with the exception of Ace of Spades, the Foos are significantly better known than either.

Both Iron maiden and Metallica produce music that can effetively keep up with the times, unfortunately JP and MH have not.

Fail, The ending of BlizzCon will be a bad one. But that's just my Opinion. I am deeply saddened they couldn't have done a more loved band. Hell might as well just bring Linkin Park along too.
    A more loved band pmsl there one of the biggest bands in the world
    [QUOTE=Tomoe;10603207]Hi all,
    We have engaged Chimaeron Hc 10 man this night, and we have faced a strange situation...sometimes (but before or after, it happens), chimaeron make 2 attack in a row with like 0.2 or 0.3 second between the 2 attack...clearly, with the first attack the tank go to 1 hp, with the second is dead.
    It's so fast that in the interface we see an instant kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    In my opinion, Motorhead and judas priest are about 20 years out of date, silly rock bands in denim and too much leather, Hell, they arent even considered metal bands anymore are they?
    Judas Priest certainly is metal, hell it's the very essence of it. Anyone claiming otherwise is most likely some sort of hardcore grind/metalcore fan but those are luckily very few in the big picture. As for Motörhead, it has never been metal but punk rock.

Why should music age in the first place? The whole idea is absurd to me and most likely a by-product of the modern day culture of everything being good for two years before replaced by something else that sells more to the masses.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2011-09-28 at 06:57 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inksmith View Post
    Tech N9ne would destroy the show. He appeals to almost everyone who knows his music. He has done music with countless great and famous artist and is FINALLY getting the props he deserves. I would vote Tech N9ne for Blizzcon 2012 featured performer.
    LOL

Why not just get ICP instead? It would be just as bad.

They should have get Jonathan Coulton. Cheaper and better. :3

Okay, to clear up what I said earlier. I would like to see Motorhead or Judas at Blizzcon, but you need nowaday music. I am sorry that my opinion offends so many people.
    "Nowaday music" meaning music that is popular this year I presume? So like maybe a band that released an album this year which debuted at number 1 in the US charts, the UK charts, Canadian charts, Australian charts and a ton more countries all over Europe. Yeah a band like that, with current, world wide appeal would be great. Oh... wait...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Judas Priest certainly is metal, hell it's the very essence of it. Anyone claiming otherwise is most likely some sort of hardcore grind/metalcore fan but those are luckily very few in the big picture. As for Motörhead, it has never been metal but punk rock.
    Motorhead...punk rock? I think you may be thinking of some other band sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    Motorhead...punk rock? I think you may be thinking of some other band sir.
    That's how Lemmy refers the genre of his band in almoust every interview when it's brought up and he often says they don't play metal but rock.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Meh, never liked Foo that much. But I listen to music for the feelings it evokes in me, not what some internet hipster says is the music enlightened people listen to. If I want to listen to inspired music I go to my classical playlist.

My question is why couldn't they have thrown everyone a curve and maybe get a country band for instance?

Deleted

Why should music age in the first place? The whole idea is absurd to me and most likely a by-product of the modern day culture of everything being good for two years before replaced by something else that sells more to the masses.
    Making a few gereralisations there mate, I merely stated my opinion. JP are rubbish IMO, they don't hold a candle to anything Sepultura/Soulfly have produced. Thats real metal. Of course music ages. What was good in the 60s is not going to be as good now. Styles change and attitudes change.

10+ Year Old Account

Did you just call Motörhead punk? They're thrash metal, they're the Nirvana of thrash metal.
    Foo Fighters at Blizzcon is an awesome choice, really looking forward to the ending show now.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Making a few gereralisations there mate, I merely stated my opinion. JP are rubbish IMO, they don't hold a candle to anything Sepultura/Soulfly have produced. Thats real metal. Of course music ages. What was good in the 60s is not going to be as good now. Styles change and attitudes change.
    Alright, lets see, I'll pick first songs I can find from both band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs&ob=av2e from Sepultura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieByCvPuQns from Judas Priest

First sounds to me unmelodic screaming

Second has clear melody, awesome riffing, superb solo and actual singing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, lets see, I'll pick first songs I can find from both band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs&ob=av2e from Sepultura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieByCvPuQns from Judas Priest

First sounds to me unmelodic screaming

Second has clear melody, awesome riffing, superb solo and actual singing.
    Judas Priest was an awful band that rode the metal band wagon. There's a reason barely anyone brings them up now a days.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think foo would be a great addition to the music bands that have played blizzcon. Plus the tauren chieftans are back