10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I am waking up to this.
    [video=youtube;2xVDnoTs4A0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xVDnoTs4A0&feature=player_embedded[video]
    Isn't it amazing how ponies always manage to make you smile?
    \o/ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    ::doesn't get Skyrim::

I guess I'm just not enough of a gamer chick to understand why Skyrim is so popular. o.o;; It just seems very boring to me. I've watched plenty of videos. I've even watched people play live. But...I just don't get it. It's like there's no story...you just wander around this fantasy world and do random things (yes, sometimes you are asked to do them, but most of the time, you're just lost and doing whatever). I know if I played it I'd probably hang around for about 30 minutes and then never play it again.

I feel like I'm failing.
    It's all about Immersion, Dembai. I am not Freyera when I play Skyrim. I am... well my character name is Freyera, but that's not the point! You assume the role of your hero and allow yourself to believe you're a part of the world, going about saving lives (Or destroying them), summoning monsters, slaying dragons, basically everything your boss says you can't do at your 9 to 5 job.

And you're not failing! RPGs have a very targeted audience. You'll either love them and dive into them headfirst, or you'll stand back and wonder why that NPC doesn't just take those letters across town themselves, the lazy bums!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Sorry Seelen for the tacklehug

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Sorry Seelen for the tacklehug
    I'm just not awake yet.
    Morning Hud. \o/

Also I never thought I'd say this but the french version sounds aweosme.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 10:57 AM ----------

/listening to more english / french comparions.
    Wow. They did a bucking good job with the songs / voices. :O

Fillies and Gentle-colts.. I think I'm done with it lol

link incoming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shearx View Post

[img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/324/c/3/cutie_mark_crusaders_paintball___go_by_shearx-d4gq873.png[img]
    About time Sweetie learns how to use unicorn magic ... she'd probably have a duel with Scootaloo in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I'm just not awake yet.
    Morning Hud. \o/

Also I never thought I'd say this but the french version sounds aweosme.
    [video=youtube;3an9x2O95YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an9x2O95YM&feature=related[video]

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 10:57 AM ----------

/listening to more english / french comparions.
    Wow. They did a bucking good job with the songs / voices. :O
    Ive not been to bed yet seelen hence the sleepy tacklehug

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    \o/ ^_^

It's all about Immersion, Dembai. I am not Freyera when I play Skyrim. I am... well my character name is Freyera, but that's not the point! You assume the role of your hero and allow yourself to believe you're a part of the world, going about saving lives (Or destroying them), summoning monsters, slaying dragons, basically everything your boss says you can't do at your 9 to 5 job.

And you're not failing! RPGs have a very targeted audience. You'll either love them and dive into them headfirst, or you'll stand back and wonder why that NPC doesn't just take those letters across town themselves, the lazy bums!
    Actually I love RPGS, especially JRPGs. but to me, an RPG needs a reason for your hero/villian to be doing what they do. While I don't like being railroaded, I don't like being transported and having to make up things as I go along - especially when you have to do it the whole time! That just feels like lazy storytelling to me. To be wrapped up in an RPG, I like to be given a world that gives me purpose - even if I intentionally ignore it or attempt to foul it up. I want to seem important and needed by the world at hand. Skyrim just hits me the wrong way because without that overarching "this is what the world needs" plot...I know I would feel unmotivated to do anything at all.

I already live in a world where I don't have a life-defining purpose...I don't really need a fantasy setting version of that.

10+ Year Old Account

link incoming
    Fat Scootaloo. Also,
    "Crystal skulls have been a popular subject appearing in numerous sci-fi television series, novels, video games and vodka."

sorry for the post i made a sec ago; the pic was screwed up so I removed it.

I fixed it so.. here it is (if you saw it already, then here it is again)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    [IMG]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6803/47266artistfiarelbedhai.png[IMG]
    Good morning Isi! Sleep well?

[IMG]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6803/47266artistfiarelbedhai.png/IMG]
    Squeeeeeeee Isi is here

* Tacklehugs Isi and snuggles him

10+ Year Old Account

[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/324/f/4/cutie_mark_crusaders_paintball___go_by_shearx-d4gq873.png[/mg]
    pic is cool but not as cool as this

10+ Year Old Account

[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/324/f/4/cutie_mark_crusaders_paintball___go_by_shearx-d4gq873.png[img]
    You need to put some half-shell paintballs around. I've never seen a paintball field with no half shells.

I like that SB got a Paintball Cutie Mark. XD

Click it! Don't ask why!

I want this as a Ringtone

10+ Year Old Account
    Good morning Isi! Sleep well?
    yes... but i really should stop playing until 3 p.m. =_=

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Squeeeeeeee Isi is here

* Tacklehugs Isi and snuggles him
    ... ... did you forget to take your meds again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Actually I love RPGS, especially JRPGs. but to me, an RPG needs a reason for your hero/villian to be doing what they do. While I don't like being railroaded, I don't like being transported and having to make up things as I go along - especially when you have to do it the whole time! That just feels like lazy storytelling to me. To be wrapped up in an RPG, I like to be given a world that gives me purpose - even if I intentionally ignore it or attempt to foul it up. I want to seem important and needed by the world at hand. Skyrim just hits me the wrong way because without that overarching "this is what the world needs" plot...I know I would feel unmotivated to do anything at all.

I already live in a world where I don't have a life-defining purpose...I don't really need a fantasy setting version of that.
    I can't argue with you there, the main plot in Skyrim is hardly existant, if there actually is any at all.

Dragons are waking up, kill them? Why? They don't seem to be bothering anything until you start bothering them.

Rebellion? Oh awesome, how many times has Civil War been used as a plot element?

This game is so sandboxy that it makes Fallout look like a linear RPG, and I have to agree that the game loses some appeal without a proper direction.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Daginni, have I ever told you how awesome you are?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes... but i really should stop playing until 3 p.m. =_=

... ... did you forget to take your meds again?
    oh hai isi havent seen u joined the thread

Daginni, have I ever told you how awesome you are?
    I know I am, I have a Jeep.

Beep Beep!

* Wall Eyes