Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Dunno about INT as for haste vs crit in gems it boils down to haste breakpoint. If you can't reach it from reforges only, you should go for haste gems for stable haste base. However, with better gear (more haste on items) crit might be slightly better for gemming.
    Protip, if you can't reach the haste plateau without having to reforge away from crit. Don't go for it and go pure crit.

Deleted
    Just a question in general about doing challenge modes as a moonkin is it best to go mass mastery for challenge modes since trash is like 70-80% of the dungeon? Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narzhul View Post
    Protip, if you can't reach the haste plateau without having to reforge away from crit. Don't go for it and go pure crit.
    There is no proof that crit with lower level gear is more dps than reaching 5273 haste breakpoint. For single target haste makes rotation easier (no need to refresh DoTs more than once per eclipse) - crit shines more on multidot fights.

Why do some moonkins have 5273 haste without moonkin form, when you can have 2996 haste in non-moonkin form, and when you enter moonkin form you get 12,40% haste which is 5273, this way you can get more crit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    Why do some moonkins have 5273 haste without moonkin form, when you can have 2996 haste in non-moonkin form, and when you enter moonkin form you get 12,40% haste which is 5273, this way you can get more crit
    All breakpoints assume you have all raid buffs. I would assume the 5273 requirement for non-form is to assure the ~18% in the form.

18% is more than needed for 5273 haste breakpoint, it's not until t14 set bonus we should reach 10289 and that's 24% haste

18% is more than needed for 5273 haste breakpoint, it's not until t14 set bonus we should reach 10289 and that's 24% haste
    This is why we talk in ratings and not percentages. I would assume that all Boomkins at all levels get the same breakpoint at 35.74% ( source Balance Druid DoT Breakpoints 5.0 ) It's the amount of rating that changes depending on your level. At lvl 90, 5273 is the 35.74% breakpoint.

I don't get why we use percentages when rating is much more easier to manipulate and clearer to understand? Sure you need them to figure out the breakpoints on the first place, but other than that it's just a "harder" number.

You're double dipping on Moonkin Aura in your calculations.

You need 5273 haste in addition to Moonkin Aura and NG.

My Tutorial is up its a pretty good introduction to rotation/reforging/etc. I had alot of problems learning so I kow how it feels in the beginning. So yea check it out when you guys have time. So yea check it out in the druid Stream topic right under. Hope I can help someone learn playing balance.

Hi, I was wondering if any could help me out with my gear? Reforging and gemming. I've seen a lot of endgamer switch a lot between full crit, full int, and sometimes a bit of haste. Yesterday I ran simcraft and got the statprio: Int > SP > Spi = Hit > Haste = Crit > Mastery. I don't know if I should gem int, go full crit or get the haste breakpoint(5273). Anyone have an idea?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Kapteinkake/advanced (Couldn't make it a hyperlink because of too few posts)

Quote Originally Posted by exhizor View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if any could help me out with my gear? Reforging and gemming. I've seen a lot of endgamer switch a lot between full crit, full int, and sometimes a bit of haste. Yesterday I ran simcraft and got the statprio: Int > SP > Spi = Hit > Haste = Crit > Mastery. I don't know if I should gem int, go full crit or get the haste breakpoint(5273). Anyone have an idea?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Kapteinkake/advanced (Couldn't make it a hyperlink because of too few posts)
    I'd go for hitcapped, then haste breakpoint, then going full crit.

haste for single target, full crit for multitarget encounters.

I see that in the majority of guides NV is considered like the base choice instead of HotW and I was wondering why is that so.
    I understand the raid healing component and even that it is another cd that we can use when we have to burst dps (even if the best way to use it is in combo with Incarnation, so it's like that a better Incarnation then another cd that I can use when I need it), but if it is close to HotW passive buff (or so I read) why have we to prefer a cd that dipends directly on the duration of the fight (because if I can't use it 3 times or I can't use it on cd to wait for a better moment to use it like a bl-last phase of a boss, it is dps loss) instead of a passive one (that could be a better self survive cd in situation like the last phase of elegon)?

It's the synergy with Incarnation. Both have the same duration and CD and they amplify each other when used together.

From a design standpoint it would probably be better to change one to 20s/2min.

Personally i avoid them, but that's due to my horrible track record at using active CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscarora View Post
    Where could I find evidence of that? I'd like to check it.
    Look into world of logs and check actual uptime of windsong. @2rppm for 12 seconds each is 24/60 uptime on a random 1500 secondary stat, which is 40% (unmodified by haste). Just doing the "lower" bound estimation at 40% of 1500 is 600 secondary stats.
    From last night on our Amber Shaper kill, I had 40.1% uptime on mastery, 24% uptime on crit, and 21% uptime on haste. This is an average of 1276.5, twice of that to a 0 haste RPPM system. No one has the haste to do that.
    Also, top of the page here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    From last night on our Amber Shaper kill, I had 40.1% uptime on mastery, 24% uptime on crit, and 21% uptime on haste. This is an average of 1276.5, twice of that to a 0 haste RPPM system. No one has the haste to do that.
    Is it supposed to be 2 total Windsong RPPM or 2 Windsong RPPM per each stat (0.66 RPPM for each proc)? Either way I have checked some logs and I agree that the numbers look weird

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    I'd go for hitcapped, then haste breakpoint, then going full crit.
    Yes, but is it worth it to get the haste breakpoint at the cost of over 2000 crit rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscarora View Post
    Is it supposed to be 2 total Windsong RPPM or 2 Windsong RPPM per each stat (0.66 RPPM for each proc)? Either way I have checked some logs and I agree that the numbers look weird
    There's 2RPPM to proc at all. Then there's a 1/3 chance for one specific proc to occur. Both are separate.

Quote Originally Posted by exhizor View Post
    Yes, but is it worth it to get the haste breakpoint at the cost of over 2000 crit rating?
    If you want having the normal rotation, then yes.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

We recently started our 3rd team of altruns and I have joined on my Balance Druid. While my gear is still suboptimal (ilvl 365 and only 49xx Haste), I felt like I did well on Stone Guard (60k), but not on Feng with my DPS hovering between 40-45k.

Perhaps it's in part due to Balance single target DPS not being that stellar, or the nature in which we tackled the encounter with the second tank not yet knowing how to steal abilities (aka. 1 epicenter under the bubble, second with personal cooldowns. 1 Call flames with bubble, second with cooldowns, etc). I feel like I've got the rotation down fairly well, with only some doubt about DoT refreshing (I'll talk about that in the end).
    What kills my DPS, aside from having to tranq to help healers and having to HotW+spam myself up when I'm the one with resonance near the end (Healer alts still inexperienced and undergeared), is the movement. Right now I try to time my epicenter gathers + spreads around eclipse states, so I can refresh my dots/starfall/starsurge on the move.

Sometimes this isn't possible and then I just try to be in eclipse to spam the eclipsed dot for the duration of the movement.

Is this a familiar situation I'm sketching, or should we perform relatively good on a fight like Feng?

Concerning dots:

I just entered solar eclipse and refreshed my dots. I'm about to leave solar but my dots have only 3 seconds left, or have just expired. Right now I reapply them before exiting eclipse and I reapply them again during the next lunar.

1. Is this advised? Should I only refresh at the start of eclipse?
    2. Do I immediatly refresh the still 'fresh' eclipsed sunfire when hitting lunar, or do I wait for the last tick? (Which potentially messes with my dots ticking and being refreshed together for ease of use.)