ah ty, wasn't to sure

Deleted
    yes it will, and alot more of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    yes it will, and alot more of it =)
    More ram is good ram

x3

10+ Year Old Account
    It surely will, although 2GB will not be optimal. 8GB is a good amount of RAM for general gaming

Yea I have 8gigs, haven't been able to use it in most games though

Deleted
    4gigs is fine tbh. But it's always better to have 8

4 Gigs is not fine if you're using Windows Vista. If however, you use Windows 7, 4 gigs might just cut it.

Taking WoW as example. Whenver WoW is open, MSN is open, Chrome or Firefox is open, Winamp is open and playing, Ventrilo and/or Teamspeak is open, usually checking my mail every now and then, which means Outlook is open.

Obviously 4 Gig's wouldn't be enough for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    4 Gigs is not fine if you're using Windows Vista. If however, you use Windows 7, 4 gigs might just cut it.

Taking WoW as example. Whenver WoW is open, MSN is open, Chrome or Firefox is open, Winamp is open and playing, Ventrilo and/or Teamspeak is open, usually checking my mail every now and then, which means Outlook is open.

Obviously 4 Gig's wouldn't be enough for me.
    Sure, it would. I can only see WoW using about 2.5 gigabytes at most, I've never seen it actually fully use the whole 4 gigabytes it in theory could use meaning that there'd still be plenty of free memory after firing up WoW. And since WoW is a 32-bit binary it obviously cannot use more than 4 gigabytes at max even on systems with more memory.

Quote Originally Posted by forelune View Post
    Will Gw2 Support more then 2gb of ram?
    I don't think ArenaNet is going to make a 64 bit client. Hopefully I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Anyway.. A 32 bit application can only address up to 2GB of memory. If the application is compiled with the large address aware flag, it can use up to 3GB (4GB on a 64 bit OS). This is an architecture limitation and there's nothing that can be done about it.

If they make a 64-bit client though, the application could use up to 8TB (Terabytes) of memory.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...#memory_limits
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-09-30 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Left out precise details. (Thanks Girlie)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they make a 64-bit client dying of happiness will be a legitimate way to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    Anyway.. A 32 bit application can only address up to 2GB of memory. If the application is compiled with the large address aware flag, it can use up to 3GB. This is an architecture limitation and there's nothing that can be done about it.

If they make a 64-bit client though, the application could use up to 8TB (Terabytes) of memory.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...#memory_limits
    Well, to be more precise, it's 3GB on a 32-bit Windows and 4GB on 64-bit one with the flag set.

WoW seemingly doesn't use the flag as I've never seen it reach 3GB, even now after having it running for several hours it's only using just slightly over 1GB. It would be nice if ArenaNet did indeed release a 64-bit client, it'd drastically reduce the amount of loading stuff from HDD with any recent desktop PCs, and these days even laptops are starting to pack more than 4GB RAM. And 64-bit variables would likely be beneficial in an MMO since there's simply so many things to track, including millions of decals and models, meaning it should run slightly faster than a 32-bit binary.

If ArenaNet doesn't release a 32-bit binary I'll likely get me an SSD drive and slap GW2 there in order to reduce loading times.