Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Assholes. ._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Well, they obviously feel that you come off as pretentious and hipsterish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Damn you hipsters.
    “Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings onto others.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zefie, why did you write this out?

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.
    It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.
    Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).
    Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
    You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.
    The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings onto others.
    TIL Zefie takes everything said on the internet seriously.

Deleted
    Zefie, why did you write this out?
    I didn't, I do believe Longview wrote it a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/aHK6W.jpg[img]
    I know that fe-
    Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    TIL Zefie takes everything said on the internet seriously.
    TIL copy pasting is serious.

Deleted
    But I do.

Either way, get a real IRC client please, don't bring shame onto yourself with webchat. I am sending you a link on there now.
    mIRC decided to fudge up and changing registry stopped working for some reason.
    Colloquy just doesn't wanna connect.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    You guys are boring, someone entertain me.

Deleted
    hipsters are people who think this post black metal or whatever-it's-called thing(basically metal for people who don't listen to metal) is good
    all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    You guys are boring, someone entertain me.
    >He think we're here to entertain him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    hipsters are people who think this post black metal or whatever-it's-called thing(basically metal for people who don't listen to metal) is good
    all of them
    And then Drekmen was the hipsters

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Digglet's Rape Face
    If you were a woman, I'd totally slug you right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't, I do believe Longview wrote it a while back.

I know that fe-
    Wait...

TIL copy pasting is serious.
    Lawlpaste, why do you still have it?
    mIRC decided to fudge up and changing registry stopped working for some reason.
    Colloquy just doesn't wanna connect.
    Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    And then Drekmen was the hipsters

Deleted
    Lawlpaste, why do you still have it?
    Google "Hipster is a term co-opted" and it's the top result.

People still use this image?

Wait is that the knowyourmeme host url

wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Google "Hipster is a term co-opted" and it's the top result.
    Wow... Just... -.-

Deleted
    Wow... Just... -.-
    What ?

10+ Year Old Account
    What ?
    Your face.

Deleted
    Your face.