Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Got my answers, thanks. I was lead by the fact that official changes say each searing flame will increase LL's damage by 10%. I don't know why this thread turned out to be a discussion about changes to Flametongue and their effects to Elemental.
    Last edited by Bumpy; 2011-09-30 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Flametongue only buffs spell damage. Your heals will be unaffected.
    ah, i forgot about that, my bad.

Don't forget we're also getting 10% AP extra for free with UR in 4.3 which is sure to help with the scaling of MQ AP -> SP over the 4.2 values.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Flametongue Weapon change is absolutely amazing for enhancement.
    It is essentially an additional 5% mastery that we do not have right now. Which will buff moves that previously weren't affected by the spellpower benefit. (This is assuming of course that it will work that way, which official ptr notes seem to be heading towards. "Flametongue Weapon no longer increases spell damage. It now increases all non-physical damage done by the wielder by 5%.")

And my previous post on page 1 where I stated that nothing had changed about LL damage could be wrong upon further thought. As LL base damage will now be 260% instead of 200%, could we end up with it doing more damage with a higher coefficient? Or did the current Imp LL talent already get including in LL base damage coefficient to the same effect as what it is in PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Don't forget we're also getting 10% AP extra for free with UR in 4.3 which is sure to help with the scaling of MQ AP -> SP over the 4.2 values.
    As will all of the other melee. That extra 10% should be seen as a flat out buff to keep us competitive with the ranged because of the fight mechanics.

actually it is going to hit 5% harder due to the new FT weapon change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    And my previous post on page 1 where I stated that nothing had changed about LL damage could be wrong upon further thought. As LL base damage will now be 260% instead of 200%, could we end up with it doing more damage with a higher coefficient? Or did the current Imp LL talent already get including in LL base damage coefficient to the same effect as what it is in PTR?
    Have a look at my post at the bottom of page 1.

Yeah the change is already a buff not counting FT change, glyph was based on the 200% base and now that one is higher, go figure ;p
    Last edited by Photek; 2011-10-01 at 11:41 AM.

I love how people always assume that Lava Lash reaches something enormous like 850% weapon damage.
    That's ridiculous, and not how lava lash works.
    The different modifiers affect Lava Lash differently.

Base Damage is 200%, with glyph and talent that's 300% (because 20/30% of 200% makes 40/60%)
    (In 4.3, this will be 312% weapon damage with the glyph. So a small buff indeed.)

The damage increases from Searing Flames and Flametongue weapon doesn't affect the weapon damage, they're just a multiplier on top of that, and they are additive.
    So with Searing Totem and Flametongue, the damage is increased by 140% (or *2.4).

Any other damage increase is multiplied with the end-result. (Mastery, CoE, Elemental precision, etc.)

But anyway, the OP's question has already been asked. It's still 10/20% from the two talentpoints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.