Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lock aoe nerf ???

i just met a guy who play on beta and he says that the aoe damage of warlocks has gotten a nerf.

can any 1 confirm or the opposite ?

atleast it wouldnt be the worst that could happen since our aoe is OP atleast for demo

I can't confirm or decline it, though I don't think Warlocks (demo mainly) need an AoE nerf, we have VERY strong BURST AoE, our sustained AoE (without Metamorphosis/Felstorm up) is worse than a lot of other specs, especially ranged AoE.

i'm shivering when i think about rain on fire ^^ this spell is an aoe spell but it is useless

Deleted
    warlock aoe.... i hurt my fingers at lord ryo hc to do some aoe, and im still after spriests that spam 1 button. why would they nerf..

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    warlock aoe.... i hurt my fingers at lord ryo hc to do some aoe, and im still after spriests that spam 1 button. why would they nerf..
    i heard demo works just fine for lord ryo!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkesant View Post
    i heard demo works just fine for lord ryo!
    It obviously works just fine for Lord Rhyolith... and it's also a 1 button job on that fight. I don't know how he could claim to have hurt his fingers.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

nah its not just 1 button, but if u spam soc as afii i can understand that your finger hurt :P

Ok, 3 buttons. Hand of Gul'dan, Felstorm, Hellfire.

(and, if you want to get really fancy, Shadowflame Breath)
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

meta + chalice trinket,DS,Immo aura, and deamon leap if u are pro :P

Aside from a new Shadow Bolt graphic Warlocks have not been changed even in the slightest.

SoC as affli is also fine

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Ok, 3 buttons. Hand of Gul'dan, Felstorm, Hellfire.

(and, if you want to get really fancy, Shadowflame Breath)
    AND WADS cause you have to moooooveeeee while aoeinggggggg unlike the other mentionned (melee range aoe ftw)!

omagad, we are at like 7 buttons naow !

SoC needs a mana cost reduction. It cost far too much for the damage it does and you have to spam it to even think about keeping up with other aoe. Then when you've burned through your entire pool you fall behind because you have to life tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    AND WADS cause you have to moooooveeeee while aoeinggggggg unlike the other mentionned (melee range aoe ftw)!

omagad, we are at like 7 buttons naow !
    My point being that it's no more difficult to AOE on that fight than it is to do a single-target rotation on any other fight. AOEing is easier than single-target.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    SoC needs a mana cost reduction. It cost far too much for the damage it does and you have to spam it to even think about keeping up with other aoe. Then when you've burned through your entire pool you fall behind because you have to life tap.
    Affliction isn't an AOE spec. If you want be affect at AOE, you spec Demonology.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yes Demo has the best aoe but that comes at the cost of having to be close to the target. I did a quick test to actually compare the numbers vs mana cost of SoC and Hellfire. SoC did about 4.2k on one target at the cost of 7k mana. Hellfire did 3.6k on one target at the cost of 13k mana. Now math time. Hellfire ticks 15 times for a total of 54k at the cost of 13k mana. My SoC cast time is 1.63 sec. So I need to cast 9 SoCs to equal time time of a full Hellfire. 9 x 7k = 63k mana for a total of 37k damage. So that equals out to SoC doing 70% of the total damage at 4.84 times the mana cost. If seed is going to do that much less damage (not including the if you have to interrupt casting to move) it should not cost almost 5x the mana. I'm not saying buff the damage I'm saying nerf the cost.

Disclaimer for blah blah blah target dummy single target on aoe crap. These are rough numbers.

Hellfire shouldn't be nerfed imo. Demo AoE is only extreme when using meta ( with aura that is ofc ) and felstorm , just flat hellfire doesn't do very much dps.

to do max aoe dps you need to have moonwell up demon soul meta felstorm immolation aura shadowflame on cd then hellfire .... some ppl obviously never played demo

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    to do max aoe dps you need to have moonwell up demon soul meta felstorm immolation aura shadowflame on cd then hellfire .... some ppl obviously never played demo
    No one was asking for help on how to AOE.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    No one was asking for help on how to AOE.

Ya but people are talking like it's one button derp mind sear, the point remains it's ONLY strong when meta chalice and felstorm is up..

I wouldn't call meta/demon soul/chalice/felstorm/immo aura/shadowflame/hellfire an easy aoe, when people talk "hrm demo aoe should be nerfed" it's usually what they're referencing.

I also think SoC could be buffed... there I said it.

also obvious guy says RoF could use buffing

Also op what do you mean by beta? Do you mean ptr? I'm on the ptr and there isn't any lock aoe changes.. it's hard to get conclusive numbers without stable recount or skada.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Ya but people are talking like it's one button derp mind sear, the point remains it's ONLY strong when meta chalice and felstorm is up..

I wouldn't call meta/demon soul/chalice/felstorm/immo aura/shadowflame/hellfire an easy aoe, when people talk "hrm demo aoe should be nerfed" it's usually what they're referencing.

I also think SoC could be buffed... there I said it.

also obvious guy says RoF could use buffing

Also op what do you mean by beta? Do you mean ptr? I'm on the ptr and there isn't any lock aoe changes.. it's hard to get conclusive numbers without stable recount or skada.
    On a fight like Rhyolith, which was where the whole "1 button" thing got started, it really isn't much more than a 1-2 button job. You can only use your max-aoe burst every 2 minutes... and adds spawn much more often than that. Most waves will be hellfire + shadowflame breath. Some waves will allow a felstorm. The adds die so fast, though, that you could easily just hellfire them and they'd be gone before you know it.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu