Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Come one. Who hasnt dreamed of doing it!?

I don't condone this, but the kid would've had it coming if he did that in real life, now, maybe not by a 46-year-old, but, somebody would've beat him. The upside is that the kid PROBABLY won't be acting like an internet tough guy for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    Hello guys.
    I was giving a look at G4TV.com news when i suddenly saw this.

I mean, come on, we all know that we may rage at online games, but this is way too crazy...

Thoughts?
    the whole ordeal is funny and stupid at the same time. The adult for losing his cool playing a game, the kid for being a snotty little shit over a game, and the media / press for blowing things out of proportion, the same way they do about all bad new vs. good.

Its "all good" when no one knows who you are online, but when the veil of anonymity is lifted, shit gets real scary, real fast. You never know what a person is capable of, even just one that is online.

a demonstration

If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Docdruid View Post
    Stones!? Words can't even describe what I think of you, or for a matter of a fact what I think about this retarded, only a true coward would look for a 13y old kid to get satisfaction from a video game, what he deserved when he set himself to look for someone that killed him in a video game was to find someone let's say capable of handling him and give him a nice kick in the nuts. What this guy did isn't crazy is just plain sad and shows how immature older people can be, that behavior I would expect from a youg child not from a grown 46y old man.
    The kid was talking shit in chat, and being a worthless turd in general. The guy could have choked him completely to death and the world would be no poorer for having lost what is just another punk ass kid hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. I'd personally like to see more of these little trolling shits get tracked down and beaten within an inch of their lives.

I treat people with respect in game, it should not be any stretch at all to expect the same respect back from them.

on a very minor level I feel thankful the word for this will get out, scaring obnoxious 13 year old gamers like a boogeyman story.

the rest of me feels horrified, what an insane overreaction on his part
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Come one. Who hasnt dreamed of doing it!?
    Why would any sane person dream of beating a kid!? Unless you're mentally handicapped, that is the kind of dreams I wouldn't expect from any sane grown man, I am sure a lot of trolling is happening here, don't want to believe there is this much immaturity among grown people around in this forums.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

When I first scanned over the title my mind saw "man chokes...13-year old...killing..." so my initial thought was "that's horrible" but after reading the article...

First things first, the news blows things up bigger than they are. Not saying violence is good but if guy wanted to kill the kid he probably would have. Probably just wanted to teach him a lesson.

So I'm in my late 20s and even now I can see the difference in kids today than when I was a kids, it's insane. 13 year olds getting pregnant, doing drugs, cursing like sailors, etc.

I personally would never attack someone for pissing me off in a game and choking is alittle extreme, but...I think alot of these kids need a good smack in the head.

Immature kids in this thread, thinking it's acceptable for a grown man to attack a child over words. I dont care what the kid said, online or to his face, violence was NOT warranted. I'm sure all of you are saints who never provoke anyone right? Of course we all get annoyed when someone is an obnoxious troll on the internet, but there's this thing called self control. If everyone tried to choke every person that pissed them off in a day, the world would have a MUCH smaller population...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    Hello guys.
    I was giving a look at G4TV.com news when i suddenly saw this.

I mean, come on, we all know that we may rage at online games, but this is way too crazy...

Thoughts?
    I think it's both awesome, and stupid.

lol I get mad like crazy when I play games sometimes at the little irritating things people do or say, or don`t do, but I don`t think I`d EVER be able to get so mad I`d go and physically hurt someone. and I mean wow, 13 year old? you could`ve thrown your controller or smashed your xbox, but to go and physically hurt someone else... you better go to anger management...

So now if everytime each of us, once insulted, should have gone and choke who called us bad names, we'd live in an empty world. A grown man, if his brain grew with his body, has to have the temper to just shrug it off and go on, not take it personally, expecially over something happened online and EXPECIALLY when you're dealing with a kid, even if he's being immature.
    I'm seriously shocked at how many people here cheer for the man, I really want to hope you're just kidding, because thinking "that little bitch got owned fuck yeah!!11" for serious, then you're quite mentally ill or just need to grow up too.
    Last edited by zeo; 2011-09-30 at 09:07 PM.
    Real tanks don't use that foo foo magic stuff...we use steel and harsh language.

My faith in humanity before WotLK : ------|---
    after : -|--------

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is: At least it wasn't WoW this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Immature kids in this thread, thinking it's acceptable for a grown man to attack a child over words. I dont care what the kid said, online or to his face, violence was NOT warranted. I'm sure all of you are saints who never provoke anyone right? Of course we all get annoyed when someone is an obnoxious troll on the internet, but there's this thing called self control. If everyone tried to choke every person that pissed them off in a day, the world would have a MUCH smaller population...
    "violence isn't the answer" is a code only followed by some. And its much easier spoken than practiced. I don't think I'd ever resort to physical violence over a video game match mind you, but I won't shy away from it if necessary. Maybe its the way I was brought up, maybe its just the area I'm from. But a swollen jaw sure does wonders for someone with a rude mouth. just sayin.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

I like it.. i wanna REALLY bet that kid wont be a cocky asshole in-game anymore from now on. srsly.. more ppl need to be choked... ppl are so badass behind their keyboards... show some god damn respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Most of the posters in this thread, bar a couple, have agreed they would like that. Don't you think your minority self righteousness is amiss here ?
    no I do not, and I don't think I am self righteous, I am far of being perfect, but unlike you I don't see how violence toward a minor solve anything, only think that guy got was self indulgence for his immature rage. A mature gown up would ignore him, and if by chance could find the kid, he could have talk to his parents, etc. there is a lot of smart actions that a mature person could have taken, violence wasn't one of them. You know you usually needs to use violence, ignorant morons and most usually big cowards that only act when they are sure they can win. and to end, having the majority of people here agreeing with the immature grown man does not make it right, only shows the amount of ignorance goes around.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I feel this is appropriate:

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/08/01
    I <3 this

/10

respect your elders

or we'll fucking choke you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrum View Post
    The kid was talking shit in chat, and being a worthless turd in general. The guy could have choked him completely to death and the world would be no poorer for having lost what is just another punk ass kid hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. I'd personally like to see more of these little trolling shits get tracked down and beaten within an inch of their lives.

I treat people with respect in game, it should not be any stretch at all to expect the same respect back from them.
    Another blunt show of ignorance, I can't even believe this, what wrong with you people? Were you abused by someone when you were young? What is the issue of your clear imbalance
    I'd personally like to see more of these little trolling shits get tracked down and beaten within an inch of their lives.
    one of the most... most... I can't even type it.. I think it's time I move on or I for sure will get myself banned.
    Last edited by Docdruid; 2011-09-30 at 09:11 PM.

(This post is to the topic alone)
    You know....there are people on online games that say and do shit that is akin to 9th level of hell. While the old man wasn't stable you cannot say that everyone who agrees with what he did are also insane, unstable or whatever other word you want to devalue others. This is not a Utopia or some magical land you dreamed up. Kid plays a game knowing full well it's above his age limit, decides to talk smack to someone older and got his ass handed to him. The kid is one in a million of other people who are douchebags who do the same stupid things.

You can claim what the guy did can be your hero or a menace to society; I feel bad for him. The kid however I don't feel sorry for.