Poll: How important are graphics for you?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenerek View Post
    Does the "5" option automatically adjust my antialiasing and texture resolution? This poll needs more choices. I didn't get these 4 graphics cards for nothing!
    I am with this guy, the more replies I read the more I feel it should be 1-10

Love a game with great grfx but it's not the most important for me.. hell IMO the best game ever is Legend of Zelda: A link to the past and thats a 2D game hehe

1. Don't give a shit what the game looks like, if I enjoy it, that's all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

About a 3. If the gameplay is fun, I can get over less-than-average graphics. But if the graphics are years behind the times or just plain horrible, I don't play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between zero and negative five.

Deleted
    3 - I'm all in for the lore. Good story and such and I'm hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Graphics (i.e. the quality of polygons and textures and whatnot) is probably at about a 3 for me. Aesthetics (i.e. the style of art, the full colour scheme etc.) are at something like 4.5.
    That is about where I fall.

Ever play the game "The Dig"? graphics are horribly outdated now but they are still supremely beautiful to me.

Deleted
    Im not a huge graphics whore, infact I still love the art style of WoW after all these years

IF its a game that came out TODAY i would put it at a 3. It cant be horrible but i mostly buy games for multiplayer gameplay unless its a elder scrolls game. So they dont really matter that much to me. Going back and playing old games doesnt affect me.

I still love to play Shenmue

I've to go with 4+

My reasoning is as follows:
    The graphic quallity must be great, the graphic STYLE on the other hand can be silly or realistic, as long as I like it and the QUALITY is outstanding^^

Just take heroes of might and magic III, now THAT is awsome graphics both ways!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Some good opinions here, kinda expected 3 to be the most voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    I am with this guy, the more replies I read the more I feel it should be 1-10
    Yea sorry about it, I was going to do it that way.
    But that would've been too big poll to be honest so I went with 5 to keep it simple.

Deleted

Possibly best graphics on the date. Now you might be wondering "zomg those are horrible they look like mismash undetailed Ps2 game".
    No. They can be zoomed indefinably without losing detail, they can be zoomed out without losing detail or making them disappear. They are made of atoms which means they can have millions of polygon models inside of them. But man doesnt it look bad doesnt it? Its just tech demo for graphics with no special artistic look on it because they didnt want or have no such persons to do them.

So still like great graphics like above? Its aesthetics that matter really. Example:

Great aesthetics imo. Really nice use of color and contrast. Graphics are just low poly 3D models that arent so detailed (because they dont have to be) they stylized so they fit.
    Does it look better than image above? Yes. Yes it does.

Deleted
    The actual polygon count isn't that important to me but detailed characters, a suitable art-style and good animations are.

I also find it significantly harder to accept a "downgrade in graphics" than I originally thought. Playing older games that haven't dated well really isn't as great as I'd have imagined.

considering i've been playing cs1.6 since 1.3. as long as a game is fun and is competitive, i don't think graphics really matter.

been playing games on a pc w/ integrated graphics---now when i play games i have zero interest in graphics.

all about the storyline/lore or controls, etc

I voted 3 because it all depends on the game for me.

If it supposed to look amazing then it's important but games like Minecraft, Darksiders or even WoW can impress me without being graphically mind blowing.

2, I love the 8-bit graphics of Cladun, and I enjoy the modern graphics of games like Ar Tonelico. For me though..it's mostly about the music. At the end of the day if the soundtrack isn't something I can get into - I just can't play it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics are always important, in the manner of being pleasing in it's aesthetics and execution. Anyone saying otherwise is a liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted 3 because it really depends. A lot of my original bias for GW2 over SWTOR is the higher graphic quality and spell effects. But at the same time I love games like minecraft and terraria which obviously are infamous for their poor graphics. So it really depends on the game.

3, I won't play games if the graphics are really awful. But I also won't play a game with amazing graphics if the gameplay and story is terrible.