Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    All of this special 'mousemat' technology razer and steelseries advertise is a load of crap. you're paying for the name. Go to a local electronics store - they usually have good mousemats for non-ridicullous prices.
    u no afford razer mat? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    All of this special 'mousemat' technology razer and steelseries advertise is a load of crap. you're paying for the name. Go to a local electronics store - they usually have good mousemats for non-ridicullous prices.
    you often don't find mousemats at 5-10 times their regular size i find though

10+ Year Old Account

steelseries best ones out there, u can get a small useful one or a large enough to put under your laptop as well

Deleted
    Yes and most of them are awful compared to a £10-20 mat. Used to use an everglide giganta till I wore the surface off it. Now using a Razer Mantis which is massive, it is literally the length of a keyboard and almost as deep, very soft mat too which means a wrist wrest for your mouse hand is pointless.

Also some optical mice don't work properly unless(ie. to their potential) they have the right surface.

There are no best, only preference.

I use a regular QcK from Steelseries. I like it a lot. One of the bigger ones might interest you, this one is only 320x270mm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Razor ExactMat. It's not a full mat for your keyboard as well, but it's a very nicely large mouse pad, with optional wrist rest which is very comfortable, and over time conforms to where your hand usually rests. It has two sides, one for control, which has more texture, thus adding more friction, and the other side is for speed, which is a very smooth surface. It is metal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roccat Taito http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826994024
    (though mine is completely black, only the logo in the bottom right corner)

- Big (half the size would be enough for me)
    - durable (no noticable wear in 6 months, no frayed edges)

P.S.:
    And to the people saying not to waste money on a mousepad: Yes, you can go by without one, but you have several disadvantages.
    - Your mouse won't work as accurate (though with laser mice, that's not the issue)
    - The gliding feet from your mouse will wear down pretty quick and get rough
    - Your mouse will have significant more friction, depending on the table surface.
    - Mousemats are actually quite comfortable for your wrist/hand.

If you still want to save $20 after reading this, then do the following: Take a standard grey 1mm cardboard (like from the back of a student block) and tape it to the desk. Friction is pretty good (especially after some hours of use, when the mouse movements have "polished" it a bit), but it wears down a lot faster than real mousemats (you can get about 3 months of use, before you have to replace it).
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by maccatall View Post
    sometimes ya gotta stick with what works! :P [edit] or in this case non-stick with what works
    Ok, I laughed at that a little harder than I probably should have.

I'm still using my old Steel QcK+
    It's fantastic!
    BR,
    Ziux

My homepage! (on danish, but can be translated in right top corner)

I use grandma's AirBake Ultra NonStick Large Cookie Sheet! Always the best!
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    steelseries best ones out there, u can get a small useful one or a large enough to put under your laptop as well
    Probably not the greatest idea... since MouseMats this size and quality are usually cloth, and tend to stay warm/hot, rather than dissipate the heat.
    If you want a mat for a laptop I'd suggest something like:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/l...ov-lapmat.html

Deleted
    thanks for all the suggestions guys. I probably should have mentioned initially that I already have a steelseries qk+ mat, but its not quite big enough for what I had in mind. I was thinking of buying a second one and place it beside the first, but I couldnt stand the idea of the seem. Im going to look into the razer xxl mat and the corepad I think - both look awesome! thanks again.