Is there still a limit as to how high your profession can go....

depending on your character's level?

just asking because blizzard seems to be making everything easier for all the newer people and now i am finally lvl'ing a toon on a different faction. just thought to try to ask the question.

Yes, the points I know are, wrath stuff takes 65, cata stuff takes 75 (I want to say BC is 55, but I am not 100% on that, may be lower).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Dunno the exact numbers sorry =[ But I think to get to max you need to be at least --, if not --.

edit: oh ok cata: 75 :P

I don't remember exactly, but i think the limits are at lvl 25,35,45,55,65 and 75.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. They don't want people to just have level 10 alts with 525/525 professions

In Cata you must have also 84 lvl to get most recipes for 500+ skill from Twilight Highlands. You cant just fly / go there, prequest is nessesary to see npc-s.

of course they wouldn't want you to have 10 alts with max lvl's but they do want everyone to experience all content of raiding so why not nerf the fudge out of everything? also, we want people to lvl faster why not hand out flightpaths automatically while people lvl, not like they are going to use them because people have this idea that lvl'ing through dungeon finder is much easier. ugh. they make the stupidest things easy and the more logical crap harder. retards.

thank you everyone for the replies so quickly, much appreciated.

it might be different depending upon the profession.

I vaguely remember being to purchase gathering professions at an earlier level than crafting ones.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Yep. They don't want people to just have level 10 alts with 525/525 professions
    That would be awesome to do though. If you had mining/herbing you could be smoking people in bgs. ever spell would be an instant cast and you'd have 5x the health of anyone
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Yes, otherwise people would have level 1 alts with 525 of each profession

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    In Cata you must have also 84 lvl to get most recipes for 500+ skill from Twilight Highlands. You cant just fly / go there, prequest is nessesary to see npc-s.
    They have made most, if not all, of those recipes availiable from vendors in major cities (SW+Org), so lvl 75s can access them too now with high enough skill.