Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I actually can't get myself to be sad about this. I think it is really bad item design to make a trinket be BiS for a whole expansion... They make new items so that you upgrade them, and I don't see that as being a bad thing at all. I found it frustrating enough that solace was so stupidly good, especially when people were focused on progress through ICC and nobody really wanted to go back to ToC.
    It made sense for it to be good through t12 because it was effectively the very last boss of the previous tier, there's no real reason for it to continue being miles better than anything else DS has to offer though...

wheee, about time they nerfed it

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    I actually can't get myself to be sad about this. I think it is really bad item design to make a trinket be BiS for a whole expansion... They make new items so that you upgrade them, and I don't see that as being a bad thing at all. I found it frustrating enough that solace was so stupidly good, especially when people were focused on progress through ICC and nobody really wanted to go back to ToC.
    It made sense for it to be good through t12 because it was effectively the very last boss of the previous tier, there's no real reason for it to continue being miles better than anything else DS has to offer though...
    Well of course this is the case, but it doesn't mean we can't be sad about it! And it also means that Bliz better give us some damn good trinkets because, at least for Paladins (math on PlusHeal.com), 359 trinkets such as DMC:Tsunami are actually going to be better than SoW... The only thing SoW will be good for is the Haste but you're losing out on 300+ Int from the other options for trinkets.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    The fact that SoW is/was BiS has much more to do with how bad the FL trinkets are rather than how good (overbudgeted) SoW was. For everyone but resto druids it's only maybe 800-1000 mp5 tops, which is good but not completely overpowered relative to something like a 391 version of Fall of Mortality (say 450 int with a 450 spirit proc). After the nerf it's not much better than the jar off Maloriak, which is pretty bad.