Page 10 of 332 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That new zerg unit. I bet it's a roach morph built for anti air early game so zerg don't get fucked when expanding from banshee/VR. Ofc HotS will probably be a whole new ball game, but the principle still remains.

I really do feel it's a roach morph for sure. Plz no seige, we don't need more terran crap to win games i.e. infestor IT baserapes.

10+ Year Old Account
    but reaver drops were so fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    but reaver drops were so fun
    Plus reavers didn't get shot by air units

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the new Protoss unit is a templar of some sort...Dark Archon...please...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I hope the new Protoss unit is a templar of some sort...Dark Archon...please...
    what ever it is, as long as they take out the colossus and carrier units I am happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Carriers and Collossi aren't so bad. Corrupters and Vikings can take them down easy. And in PvP, I don't think anyone can have the luxury of Carriers and even then Blink Stalker, which are pretty staple in this matchup, sounds like it would hard counter any Carrier play.

The only unit that I think should be looked over are Helions. Even with nerfs to blueflame they're still extremely cost effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question. Because I am EU can I not play with US players?
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

So I usually get owned by Terran mech, Mass Thor/Seige especially. I recently tried something new, mass Zerglings with full upgrades and it worked really well. Can anyone else help me improve this strat/suggest an entirely different approach to taking on Terran mech as zerg?

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    I have a question. Because I am EU can I not play with US players?
    You'd have to buy a US version of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    You'd have to buy a US version of the game.
    Should've known T.T.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that it will be a siege unit type that is upgraded from a hydra. Which can shoot air while unborrowed and become a tank like structure when burrowed with Plus + armor due to its shell. (I hope it's like this, Zerg needs more units that can acuattly make burrow useful imo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamosh View Post
    I believe that it will be a siege unit type that is upgraded from a hydra. Which can shoot air while unborrowed and become a tank like structure when burrowed with Plus + armor due to its shell. (I hope it's like this, Zerg needs more units that can acuattly make burrow useful imo)
    Burrow is already immensly usefull imo.

Deleted
    Ive been getting in to the live matches, watched the IPL3 thing over the weekend, But one thing I don't understand?

Well this is my opinion, from someone new to eSports, I feel like all 3 races are pretty well balance, with maybe protoss coming a little behind from the other 2 races
    But then its all down to the skill of the players, But I feel like the Terran and Protoss really have to work a lot harder later game against Zerg which they do, and its great to watch, But what I dont understand is the Zerg Unit Muta? just seems a little unfair to me...So many Games lost just because muta had them running their units all over the map to stop them, they're pretty nippy can shoot air and group and go anywhere?
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-10-11 at 01:26 PM.

I will say this if you are a Terran and cannot deal with early muta harass then you are probably not that good because Terran have a baseline unit that tears through them and well anything, the marine. Now if someone knows there is a ton of mutas and allows them to hit critical mass where they are useful in a fight then that is also their fault. Also drop tactics are far more effective than mutas, because you can send out multiple drops but with mutas you have to keep the flock together. Also for the Zerg, they have to work much much harder early to mid game because of the lack of a really good way to trade against bio balls at that time and well...early game sucks for them which is why ZvZ is so volatile. Now there are also a lot of little hurdles zerg have to overcome to get information reliably which is very important in sc2 while the other races can scan and have observers. Really with just this little description you can see that it all comes down to the mechanics of the different races that make them difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mutas are the most frustrating unit. Terran think they have it bad with mutas but toss have a much harder time. Our anti-air is blink stalker which is decent but they don't do their full damage since mutas are light and we don't have a sky sweeper like a thor to pump out and completely break a muta ball.

I think protoss don't have a decent answer to critical mass mutas. I've tried to do an all-in attack after a while but it always goes into an awkward base trade scenario where the zerg pumps lings and just throws down cheaper hatches around the map and your units just can't get around as quickly as zerg can

Phoenix are good but you have to get them beforehand, never react to mutas with phoenix, never.

Tal'darim is the worst map for getting muta harrassed since the natural and the 3rd are so far apart by ground and now blizzard have removed the low ground between them so you can't blink back and forth anymore. Makes me feel more and more like Tal'darim is just the worst designed map for Protoss ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Mutas are the most frustrating unit. Terran think they have it bad with mutas but toss have a much harder time. Our anti-air is blink stalker which is decent but they don't do their full damage since mutas are light and we don't have a sky sweeper like a thor to pump out and completely break a muta ball.

I think protoss don't have a decent answer to critical mass mutas. I've tried to do an all-in attack after a while but it always goes into an awkward base trade scenario where the zerg pumps lings and just throws down cheaper hatches around the map and your units just can't get around as quickly as zerg can

Phoenix are good but you have to get them beforehand, never react to mutas with phoenix, never.

Tal'darim is the worst map for getting muta harrassed since the natural and the 3rd are so far apart by ground and now blizzard have removed the low ground between them so you can't blink back and forth anymore. Makes me feel more and more like Tal'darim is just the worst designed map for Protoss ever.
    Archon Toilet would do that job surely?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't work anymore. The zerg would have to be pretty stupid to allow a mothership to catch his mutas.

realistically a zerg should easily get the critical mass muta count far before a mothership comes onto the scene and you would have to have made your build for templar early on for that to be viable.

Deleted
    I thought they killed the Archon Toilet by granting units caught in the Vortex invulnerability for a tiny tiny tiny period of time upon exiting it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    realistically a zerg should easily get the critical mass muta count far before a mothership comes onto the scene and you would have to have made your build for templar early on for that to be viable.
    That's the other side to it. Mutas will really shutdown your gas mining a lot of the time and archon toilet is very gas intensive. 300 gas for every archon and the mother costs 400 gas plus you have to build a stargate and a fleet beacon before that which is another 350 gas. Unless you're on 4 base which won't happen you simply won't have the gas to go for that plus blink stalkers to deal with early mutas to go for a technique which has been severely weakened and is difficult to pull off anyway