10+ Year Old Account
    I've completely fallen for Moonglade, I'm not even a zerg player.

I don't know whether people have been watching WCS America or are going to at some point and turned a blind eye so I'll hide in spoiler tags, but the last 8 is...

Hero vs Alicia, Moonglade vs Ryung |||||||||||||| Crank vs Alive, Revival vs Snute.

I really really want to see a Hero vs Moonglade match and we will if they both win but then that upsets me cos one will go out and they're probably my 2 favourite players in that list, followed by Crank. Really hard to call. I literally see any of Hero, Alicia, Moonglade, Ryung and Crank in the final. If I had to bet it'd be Hero vs Crank though but then I definitely wouldn't count out Ryung as a possible alternative for Hero. Definitely see Crank winning his side though.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Watching Snute vs. Revival. If spore crawler buff resulted into this, I dont think it was such a good idea.

Either muta wars or roach wars, pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Either muta wars or roach wars, pick your poison.
    Muta wars were quick but roach wars are hillarious.

I dont know.

hmm ok, if you guys don't mind I have more noob questions to make (and I'd like to thank you all again for answering my previous questions).

So I've gotten much better in the past days and I reached 1st position in Bronze league with a score of 18-6 and I'm sitting at around 550 points or something (not counting bonus pool).

So should I keep playing? The previous 1st place player (before I reached 1st place) had 450 points.... I have almost 100 more than him and still haven't been promoted, is this common?

I'm afraid to keep playing and have bad luck and lose, so I don't want to risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    hmm ok, if you guys don't mind I have more noob questions to make (and I'd like to thank you all again for answering my previous questions).

So I've gotten much better in the past days and I reached 1st position in Bronze league with a score of 18-6 and I'm sitting at around 550 points or something (not counting bonus pool).

So should I keep playing? The previous 1st place player (before I reached 1st place) had 450 points.... I have almost 100 more than him and still haven't been promoted, is this common?

I'm afraid to keep playing and have bad luck and lose, so I don't want to risk it.
    Just keep going. You won't get promoted by not playing matches because a promotion comes straight after you win a match because straight after a loss is when someone will get demoted, not at some random point in time. Just keep going. Besides, you won't lose enough points even on a hideous losing streak, to drop too far so you won't move too much. Trying for promotion and got higher than the guy previous? Just keep going.

Having a good win rate is one thing but you'll notice the game placing you against higher league players as can be denoted by the colour around their portrait - winning those matches is key to being promoted.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just keep going. You won't get promoted by not playing matches because a promotion comes straight after you win a match because straight after a loss is when someone will get demoted, not at some random point in time. Just keep going. Besides, you won't lose enough points even on a hideous losing streak, to drop too far so you won't move too much. Trying for promotion and got higher than the guy previous? Just keep going.

Having a good win rate is one thing but you'll notice the game placing you against higher league players as can be denoted by the colour around their portrait - winning those matches is key to being promoted.
    I played 1 more game and just got promoted !

So strange though, I was directly promoted to the 6th rank in Silver League. I thought when you were promoted you went to the lowest rank possible.
    Ah well, hopefully I won't be facing people much better than me !

Anyway, sorry again for such stupid questions, thank you very much for your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played 1 more game and just got promoted !

So strange though, I was directly promoted to the 6th rank in Silver League. I thought when you were promoted you went to the lowest rank possible.
    Ah well, hopefully I won't be facing people much better than me !

Anyway, sorry again for such stupid questions, thank you very much for your help.
    Your points for the season will remain the same I seem to remember? So if that puts you in a good spot in the league, that's where you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik they cut half of your accumulated points for each league promotion. But the most important part is what league you are in, not what rank you have within the league.

So tired of studying. Really wanna play some 1v1 today, which I shall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

This is the problem with new player and why many people stop playing. You guys are scared of laddering because you don't wanna lose point,get demoted or something like that. The fact is we are all bad anyway so don't care too much about it. I am diamond and yes I still consider myself pretty bad. Just keep playing and you will improve. If you are so uncomfortable with ranked to the point that it prevents you from playing then I thunk grinding unranked will benefit you more.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-06-02 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This is the problem with new player and why many people stop playing. You guys are scared of laddering because you don't wanna lose point,get demoted or something like that. The fact is we are all bad anyway so don't care too much about it. I am diamond and yes I still consider myself pretty bad. Just keep playing and you will improve. If you are so uncomfortable with ranked to the point that it prevents you from playing then I thunk grinding unranked will benefit you more.
    Also, to get demoted (if you're still suffering from bad ladder anxiety) you have to be really really really bad. Like dribbling on your keyboard bad. It won't happen so just keep going.

I think you took the wrong approach to ranking system. Unless you KNOW you are good at the game you dont need to aim for a decent rank. Just play normally and think of the ranking system as something helps matching you to people of the same skill level. Afterall noone cares about a noob in the middle of nowhere ranked near the bottom of the ladder =)

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Also, to get demoted (if you're still suffering from bad ladder anxiety) you have to be really really really bad. Like dribbling on your keyboard bad. It won't happen so just keep going.
    You can't get demoted anymore, only when you play your next placement matches

Have any of you played the "Mr Sebu's Macrotrainer" on EU ? you have to collect/spend 20.000 resources, spot medivacs on the minimap (each one you miss you lose 250 of the resources you have already spent) and keep "Proberto the Probe" alive. Really funny map and helps your macro a lot :P
    Last edited by Blackdecker; 2013-06-02 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post

Have any of you played the "Mr Sebu's Macrotrainer" on EU ? you have to collect/spend 20.000 resources, spot medivacs on the minimap (each one you miss you lose 250 of the resources you have already spent) and keep "Proberto the Probe" alive. Really funny map and helps your macro a lot :P
    That sounds quite hilarious. Too bad I have no real time to spend on playing atm <.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    SK won Korea
    Mvp won EU
    HerO won AM

Exactly what I hoped for , ty blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the game (HotS) ended up being pretty balanced.
    Toss (HerO) - NA WCS Winner
    Terran (MvP) - EU WCS Winner
    Zerg (Soulkey) - KR WCS Winner

Deleted
    No Internet till tomorrow so I've been playing against the elite ai 1v1. For some reason I can smash it without any problem but as soon as I put it on any of the cheater settings I get my ass handed to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish against the AI you could specify the race you want to play against, once you've filled the bar on Elite - if you lose it goes down and you can't choose again. Whenever I play against it I beat Zerg easy Protoss almost all the time. Against terran it's really hit and miss, but then I'm useless vs Terran even on ladder (70% against zerg, 35% against terran) - I'd want to practice against T a bit so I could practice defending early marine+tank pushes.

Deleted
    Just set up custom games. It allows you to pick a race, map and different types of builds like aggressive push, full rush, economic etc.

That's quite a decent win ratio vs Zerg, strange thing is my win % against Protoss is 60+. Find them much easier to out macro than T or Z most likely because I don't have to deal with constant run-bys or drops. What build do you use vs Zerg mainly?