Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Quick question. Is the WCS Grand Finals at Blizzcon part of the virtual ticket package or will it be streamed for free separately.

Just don't wanna buy a virtual ticket when I'm only interested in a few SC2 matches.
    I think it should be streamed free as usual, charging for it would probably result in some pretty hefty outrage. Besides, they want to have as many people as possible watching it, since that's how esports work. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i would assume making people pay for the grand finals would be an outrage.

Wish I could go to the s3 finals in Toronto. I'm only 20mins away but I'm working all weekend I guess it's a little more comfortable sitting at home with a nice drink in my gym shorts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Quick question. Is the WCS Grand Finals at Blizzcon part of the virtual ticket package or will it be streamed for free separately.

Just don't wanna buy a virtual ticket when I'm only interested in a few SC2 matches.
    WCS is always free. This ridiculous 40$ ticket is just for the WoW-Kiddies to get their Pets and other useless Stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    WCS is always free. This ridiculous 40$ ticket is just for the WoW-Kiddies to get their Pets and other useless Stuff.
    Blizzcon is actually pretty cool to watch. I just dont expect to be interested in too much they're showing this year. I don't play WoW anymore and I dont expect anything about LotV to be anything concrete (the blizzcon HotS previews never actually made it in to the game). Don't care about D3 expansion either. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    the stupidity of 2 base all in of protoss -.-

does anybody want to meet up with me at blizzcon? post pics before hand tho, im not sure I want to meet some of you

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    does anybody want to meet up with me at blizzcon? post pics before hand tho, im not sure I want to meet some of you
    sure thing, im the guy in your avatar

Deleted
    Always great to see MC casting, his predictions in the game between HerO and Vortix were so good, while being funny. He really is the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    sure thing, im the guy in your avatar
    I wish ed norton would go to blizzcon with me.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.twitch.tv/nasl_lauren

hope you guys didnt have any plans tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I wish ed norton would go to blizzcon with me.
    You didnt know Kel is Ed Norton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people cannon rush if they're so bad at it. I pulled my probes and just expanded at his 3rd on Bel'shir. Proceeded to contain him on 1 base and expand freely and then beat him in army because I had immortals and void rays alongside a million stalkers, and he only had stalkers and blink but used no blink micro whatsoever.

Herpaderpaderpa.

He even had probes out on the map and I wasn't scouting so he could've won at any time but nope. He absolutely shit himself when he saw I hallucinated a Colossus to get high ground vision.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

not enough money to buy battlefield 4. time to ladder it up

- - - Updated - - -

destiny senpai~~

http://www.twitch.tv/destiny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Why do people cannon rush if they're so bad at it. I pulled my probes and just expanded at his 3rd on Bel'shir. Proceeded to contain him on 1 base and expand freely and then beat him in army because I had immortals and void rays alongside a million stalkers, and he only had stalkers and blink but used no blink micro whatsoever.

Herpaderpaderpa.

He even had probes out on the map and I wasn't scouting so he could've won at any time but nope. He absolutely shit himself when he saw I hallucinated a Colossus to get high ground vision.
    It's kids trying to emulate Gaulzi for easy wins. That seems to be the case for the other cheeses, (i.e. 6 pool, proxy 2 rax) but I don't know why people seem to like cannon rushing so much more.

Speaking of which, at what divisions do people actually macro in? So far in Bronze, I seem to always have the base advantage, even against Zerg.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-10-29 at 05:44 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Speaking of which, at what divisions do people actually macro in? So far in Bronze, I seem to always have the base advantage, even against Zerg.
    It seems that before Gold people generally do not know a thing about macro and have problems even saturating the natural expansion. It becomes better at Gold, and at Platinum people finally start macroing decently.

Most of the games against Bronze/Platinum players are either cheese (cannon rush, DT rush, Banshee rush, etc.) or 1-base All-In. After the main idea of a cheese fails, they are absolutely clueless what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a fair bit of macro in gold but I am mostly playing current Plats or ex-plats/diamonds. Almost everyone (say 90%) tend to take their natural, but when it comes to taking more bases it's a bit rarer. There's still a bit of cheese laying about but not much, any Terran ones aren't too horrendous to hold off but Zerg ones are just a joke. I've got into the habit in PvZ of placing my first Pylon behind the mineral line because I was losing to early pools taking out my first pylon at natural before I could get a cannon to complete. Forge goes at the front sure but it's like extra protection.

Against protoss well, I see cheese like 30% of the time. Usually cannon rush. Some know when to stop which is annoying but then they seem to have poor macro out of it, even though I'm down in workers.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a fair bit of macro in gold but I am mostly playing current Plats or ex-plats/diamonds. Almost everyone (say 90%) tend to take their natural, but when it comes to taking more bases it's a bit rarer. There's still a bit of cheese laying about but not much, any Terran ones aren't too horrendous to hold off but Zerg ones are just a joke. I've got into the habit in PvZ of placing my first Pylon behind the mineral line because I was losing to early pools taking out my first pylon at natural before I could get a cannon to complete. Forge goes at the front sure but it's like extra protection.

Against protoss well, I see cheese like 30% of the time. Usually cannon rush. Some know when to stop which is annoying but then they seem to have poor macro out of it, even though I'm down in workers.
    I've met couple of macro terran players in bronze/silver. Well, it's more like "ohhh, i'm too busy macroing my shit that i don't care about that oracle getting 20 worker kills. OMG Protoss are OP, how you get more money out of two bases than me out of five report noob"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've met couple of macro terran players in bronze/silver. Well, it's more like "ohhh, i'm too busy macroing my shit that i don't care about that oracle getting 20 worker kills. OMG Protoss are OP, how you get more money out of two bases than me out of five report noob"
    Yeah, that happens too. It's mostly new players that have good mechanics (micro, APM, etc.) that they may have trained in other RTS games, like Warcraft 3. They go like, "OK, I just need to macro like crazy. 9 minutes, I have 4 bases. I win! Wait... WTF? DT? You are a cheesy noob!". I used to be like this: had 120 APM and had a superior economy, but missed Medivac drop, raged and went all-in which is, certainly, often suicidal against a tanking Terran.

Starcraft 2 is mostly about macro, but there is no sense to have a perfect macro if you die to a single cloaked Banshee. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, that happens too. It's mostly new players that have good mechanics (micro, APM, etc.) that they may have trained in other RTS games, like Warcraft 3. They go like, "OK, I just need to macro like crazy. 9 minutes, I have 4 bases. I win! Wait... WTF? DT? You are a cheesy noob!". I used to be like this: had 120 APM and had a superior economy, but missed Medivac drop, raged and went all-in which is, certainly, often suicidal against a tanking Terran.

Starcraft 2 is mostly about macro, but there is no sense to have a perfect macro if you die to a single cloaked Banshee. ;-)
    Knadra linked some bronze player stream couple posts above, i've watched it, and it was fun to see 8 rax terran from 1 CC. Also, it was fun to see how she A-moved all her marines into 3 sieged tanks.

I'd call that SC2 macro is "mandatory". It's like "rotation" in WoW PvE, you do it all the time and should do it without even paying attention to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I'd call that SC2 macro is "mandatory". It's like "rotation" in WoW PvE, you do it all the time and should do it without even paying attention to it.
    Completely agree. Good macro is just as much a basis for Starcraft 2 games as knowing rules is for Chess. But, if your macro is awesome but everything else is bad, you are not much of a player.

Just played a 1v1 game as a Zerg against Protoss. He started with fast Forge and expand. Then he started 2 Forge upgrades, made 3-4 Observers to scout, built many producing buildings, Twilight Council, Robo Bay... Then he took the 2nd expansion relatively fast. Generally, his mechanics was awesome, and he macroed probably at Master's level.
    The only problem was... he didn't have units. By 15 minutes mark he had 3 Colossi, a few Sentries, Zealots and Stalkers, and 3/2/2 upgrades. I simply moved out with a lot of Mutas and killed him. He could've easily stopped it, especially so since he saw my Mutas massing. But he decided to macro more instead, hoping that I'd not attack...

Also, lack of scouting in the lower leagues is just jaw-dropping. People mostly just build some units without any clue what the opponent is doing. Then, when they have massed Roaches and met an army of Zealots and Immortals, they consider it a bad luck rather than having been outplayed. It's hard for new players to accept the concept that information is worth more than a few units. Such people would just blindly build Roaches and Zerglings instead of sending out a few suicidal Zerglings to scout if the opponent is going Mutas.

10+ Year Old Account

So I would assume that the one-basers are only seen in Bronze then?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II