Appealing to mmo community in my hour of need.

Background, switch to virgin media (VM) back in March - 10mb connection. Has been fine, with leatrix, getting latency of 50-60ms on average, and very stable - no complaints at all..

Then about 2 weeks ago I had an email from my AV provider ESET, giving me a `free` upgrade to their internet security suite 5. Like a muppet I spend a valuable sunday morning upgrading.. essentially that turned problematic, and I had to system restore several times. I reinstalled version 4.

This is when my problems started, my rock solid connection to wow, suddenly getting latency spikes during raids, and it sits around 160ms on avg. Getting v hard to raid

So I've done the following:

Uninstalled AV (ouch I know), using windows firewall
ran windows update
updated network card driver
turned off lots of ms services
reinstalled leatrix

when I do a netstat now, there's only wow.exe running

sitting in SW last night, spiked upto 4000ms, then slowly fell back to 170-200 ms on avg

I tried turning off `optimise network speed` option in game - oh dear it was hideous, dc's, >5000ms lag

So I'm not sure what to do next

I'm on Windows 7 64bit btw - not the service pack as it doesnt want to come through windows update for some reason

World of Tanks is running okay, about 80ms ping on avg - though I'm not sure what it was before tbh. So I suspect its a wow-VM thing rather than a general connection to the internet problem

Here's my post on the virgin media boards with details about the trace routes etc:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ks/td-p/758707

fyi: guildie in same town also plays over VM and was fine last night

any help much appreciated