Thread: Steve Jobs Dead

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He was an incredible man, and even though I didn't always enjoy his products, I can truly appreciate his contributions to the realm of IT and the world as a whole... He was truly a visionary.

R.I.P Steve

&

<SNIP>

Discussion of mod actions can be had elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvm what I said

<User was infracted for this post: Don't spam>

Edit2: The fuck did I get infracted for? I made a "lulzy" comment without reading the OP and took it away to not get infracted and yet here I am getting infracted......ironic

Want me to contribute, here it is. Steve Jobs was a great innovator and he did many great revolutionary things plus he revived Pixar so kudos to him. But I'll say this I never really liked his marketing methods.....no disrespect intended here just stating my freaking opinion so please no tyrannical infractions
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2011-10-06 at 12:58 AM. Reason: read OP
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    I got a good idea, lets everyone, ever who has the internet make a brand new thread about this subject.

With him dies Apple, its already apparent.
    Not even close. When Steve Jobs stepped down he let everyone know that for the last two years he really hadn't been leading the company, his team had, and he was still just maintaining the role. He felt it was best to step down and let the people that were actually running the company take the lead, he had faith in them and he should, he has a fantastic company, and I feel this will not be the downfall for Apple. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they moved up to an even stronger company, one that sticks together. Especially after the loss of such an innovative leader.

R.I.P Steve Jobs you lead many innovations in this world. I wish those close to Steve as easy as a time as possible dealing with this loss. The technology and business world have lost a great man.

R.I.P to the other lives lost today as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been an Apple fan, but Steve Jobs was a titan of technology and one of the greatest inventors of all time.

Yah bro hes gonna rest in an iCoffin bro.

iR.I.P dude, iLoveyou (no iHomo)

The iJokes are not quite what I'd call respectful here.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageForumTroll View Post
    You were warned. Do not post any derogatory post regarding Steve Jobs.[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Banning for opinions. I like where this is going. Your task may be to moderate, but if there are to be bans for simple opinions then i'll take the first ticket out of fascist mmo-champion, thanks.
    Infractions are the warnings. Infractions are not bans. You need 15 points of infraction to be banned. There was also a warning in the opening post. If that's too hard to read, infractions will happen.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I was shocked to read about it.

RIP Steve, you did good

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked macs, or apple products... but I am indeed shocked by this. It's sad to see him go.

No matter what you may think of the company or its products, or what you thought of the man, the fact is he was part of the driving force that did have a huge impact in all our lives: the pc revolution. As such, the man was an icon and he died way too soon. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

First pc I ever touched was an apple commodore 64 monochrome. Yeah I'm that old heh. But that little computer caused me to fall in love with computing. Thank you, Steve, for all you helped give us.
    Last edited by Tarashan; 2011-10-06 at 01:03 AM. Reason: grammar is hard...

It's crazy how much disrespect people have for someone and they DON'T even know them.
    Steve Jobs has brought some of the most innovative technology that is used by many if not all electronic technology. Incase you don't notice; a lot of companies copy his ideas. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

With his passing, we may see innovation slow down for a while in terms of mobile devices. People in Apple that are close to him and/or worked directly with him for years will help push his ideas and keep innovation strong.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured this was coming, when he stepped down earlier this year.
    While it doesn't come as a shock to me, it is nevertheless going to be the biggest news item for the next week or so.

<SNIP>

any who, the loss of a life, any life, however known, or unknown it is, its still a tragic loss, and I wish those who'm are close to him the best and hope they make it through the hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    Steve Jobs was a titan of technology
    I'm always going to remember this, great quote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Yea, that's pretty tragic, but he did leave a great legacy behind.
    I agree and he surely took his time to prepare Apple for the future. Ah, this sucks so much - I bet my friends from art school are all very upset right now. We all looked up to Apples design ideas and were always indebted, when a cool new product came out

RIP to a good salesman.

When Woz dies, then I'll be sad.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Do not speak ill of the dead"

I saw triumph of the nerds, and as an aspiring programmer I see Steve Job's contribution to the computing world. The Apple was the first real personal computer released all those years ago in the 1970s. Apple and their psychedelic hippy groove changed the computing world for ever by introducing the computer to the common man. Now I know they stole the idea from a collection of other companies, and they quickly became the men in suits on wallstreet ruling over the little guy (with power comes corruption), but we couldn't be where we are without apple. Apple flourished in the 1970s, it went into resurgence in 1980s, and 1990s, and they came back as a powerhouse of smartphone development in the 2000s. Now that being said Apple as a company I despise, but looking at apple as pioneers I respect them.

R.I.P Steve Jobs, you did good.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-10-06 at 01:13 AM.

The lives of mortals are too brief to be anything but irrelevant, only the deeds they accomplish matter.
    That said I have some respect for what Jobs did for technology; and I'll leave it at that, <snipped the part about the "mod">.

After seeing this picture I've been expecting it for a while. I never really agreed with his aggressive marketing, but he was truly an incredible man to have turned around a company struggling to stay in business, to, at one point, the most valuable company in the world.