Thread: Steve Jobs Dead

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    what's really sad is that he was not the only one who died today.

about 70.000 humans shared the same fate on this world in the past 24 hours. RIP, all of you.

And here's to the Microsoft raiders that killed him and took his iloot!

Cancer in this case was a great dot to keep refreshing.

<User was infracted for this post>
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-06 at 12:43 AM.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RIP.

Really sad news, I'm sure a lot of us saw this on the horizon after he stepped down.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    <SNIP>
    Steve Jobs, I hope you can feel all the love everyone is sending to you, RIP.

Mods are here to keep things civil. Discuss mod actions elsewhere.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollre View Post
    I'm very very sad to hear this news.
    It is horrible to see people wasting away from cancer, in this case the thinification of Jobs body. It's heartbreaking, always. I hope he was given access to all the medication he wanted and had enough time for all the goodbyes he wanted to give.
    Seeing how fast it happened was even more shocking. If you search a comparison image of him, it's really sad. Really shows that money can't solve everything.

<SNIP>

as for jobs himself, it's sad that he passed. the man was truly an innovator and he will be sorely missed.

Infracted. Discuss mod actions elsewhere.

And to the mod here I may be a muppet but you're a stupid little bitch.

<User was infracted for this post>
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-06 at 12:28 AM.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Its sickening how many people have been infracted already. A human being just DIED, someone who revolutionized the techonology of our time.

<Le snippo>

Rip steve jobs, and thank you for everything introduced to the world.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-10-06 at 12:28 AM.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Deleted
    Sad to hear, great man who achieved a hell of a lot. RIP.

Although tetrisGOAT aren't you over moderating this thread just a little? I know it's very sensitive but...

Infracting someone for posting:

"RIP Steve if your really dead. After 2 months of dead Jobs rumors I'm taking this with a grain of salt for now."

Seems a little harsh. Oh well.

People were warned not to be disrespectful. That's enough. Infractions ARE the warnings.

^ I understand and agree with that fully yes, but what they posted was not remotely disrespectful, unless I'm reading it totally wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc8847798a90; 2011-10-06 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, only 56??

This dude revolutionized so much...

Imagine if he didn't have cancer, if he kept his job as CEO. Damn, so much more stuff could've
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I believe the reason that there were some rumors of his death earlier a month ago or so was due to his declining health... They had stated on a few news outlets he had cancer in his pancreas which is extremely terminal...

It wouldn't be surprising to find out he had perhaps had several close calls before today.
    Very tragic news, very sad to hear.
    My aunt actually died to the same thing this past year, it is just heartbreaking how the cancer just eats away at you...

Jobs has been my idol most of my life. I got to meet him a few years ago, before he got sick.

When I was 18, a tiny trust my grandfather left me opened up, and he left a letter and a request to invest it in what you loved. My brother paid for his undergrad education. My older brother bought a boat. And I invested: I put it into Apple Stock. That ws in 1998, at a 11.38. I trusted Jobs with pretty much everything I owned.

That stock paid for two college educations, Cancer surgery for my mother that was not covered by her insurance, and about 11 more Macs and other iDevices.

I believed in him, and he honored that.

When I met him at a Stockholder's Meeting several years ago, he was not a warm fuzzy guy - he was busy, but he still had a moment. He asked me what I thought of the company at the time (just pre-iPhone) and I told him how much I appreciated his work. He was distant, but gracious.

I'm honored to have met him in life, and I hope his spirit stays with Apple for a long time ahead.

Thanks, Steve. I'll miss you.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I'm not a fan of Apple, at all.

But the man was a goddamn marketing genius. He could sell manure to a manure salesman.
    My thoughts exactly, I never liked Apple products or Steve jobs, simply because i believed that he was a manipulative businessman of his own market. But I still would never have wished ill on him in this sort of fashion.

Whether I liked him or not, he was a very cunning man to say the least.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Insensitive as it may be, we don't need multiple threads for this, somewhere in the region of 80,000 to 150,000 people will have died today. This was a successful guy, sure, but is it really that big a deal?

MOD EDIT: A big deal for the computer-community, and thus this forum? It is a big deal.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-10-06 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Insensitive as it may be, we don't need multiple threads for this, somewhere in the region of 80,000 to 150,000 people will have died today. This was a successful guy, sure, but is it really that big a deal?
    For tech based communities, yes.

Of those, 149,000 were probably not overly relevant for tech and computer discussions. The remaining 999 likely being of more minor posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLAH. I was JUST about to make this thread, too. It's a shame
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

This tetris mod really doesn't understand that there shouldn't be two seperate threads for the same reason, PMing other mods to get this guy demoted.

Mod Edit: You are very welcome to discuss moderation and moderators with the Admins. I recommend you take this up with Sunshine. But this is the computer forums, not the General OT forum.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-10-06 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    People, stay on topic. A clear warning has already been given. Post constructively and do not troll, flame or pick fights. We will infract and ban people who don't follow or obey the rules. If you see a message that doesn't follow the guidelines, report it and move on.

I wasn't sure if it was true or not (given the past false rumors), but seeing it on the apple homepage was what confirmed it for me. RIP, you brought us a lot of blessings.