Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    1. Cha-Ye's > SPA > Hydra for LFR, from what I can see. A big trinket list is available from here: {link}
    2. Most of the time you'll only be buffed by normal haste + Nature's Grace. Typically you wont want any more haste after 10296, which is the GCD cap at that point.
    Thanks Slippykins! But considering that when I stack that much haste I'm spamming starfire, is it ok? Or still, I should breakdown the CD usage (like cast Berserking seperate from CA)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borja View Post
    Thanks Slippykins! But considering that when I stack that much haste I'm spamming starfire, is it ok? Or still, I should breakdown the CD usage (like cast Berserking seperate from CA)?
    Nah you'll still want to use Berserking with CA, unless you have so much haste without Berserking that Starfire hits the GCD cap. I don't know if it does, you can test in-game if you'd like. If it doesn't, just continue to use your CDs in the same opening pattern. Spamming Starfire during your CDs is pretty much the best spell you can (besides spamming your SS button when it's off cooldown).

Deleted
    Hi, I have problems with my DPS... My rotation is similar with Icy Veins, but my DPS is still low...

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikinn/advanced
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fmxrzyo26rx397n5/

I have totaly no idea why my DPS is so low :-/ I will be very gratefull if u should give me some tips..

Thanks Likinn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throk View Post
    Hi, I have problems with my DPS... My rotation is similar with Icy Veins, but my DPS is still low...

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikinn/advanced
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fmxrzyo26rx397n5/

I have totaly no idea why my DPS is so low :-/ I will be very gratefull if u should give me some tips..

Thanks Likinn
    It seems to me after going through your logs, you have the same problem as many other boomkins. Staying in an eclipse to long. Make sure regardless of what you are doing to keep the eclipses going. Your nature's grace uptime is very low, while your dot uptime is very high. Kinda makes me think you dot without NG, wich is kinda pointless. Dont redot if you are close to a new eclipse, dont delay eclipses by multidotting non NG dots/non eclipsed ones.

I feel I get a bit inconsistent info in this thread. And I explain.

1. DoTs.

I read to try maximize uptime to near 100%. Now I see to be more... flexible with it. Aka, if we are close (definition?) to an eclipse and ready to get NG we wait for it. That might mean not 100% uptime!

So, CA dots till they expire or cast the eclipsed+NG to overwrite the previous one?

2. Multi DoT.

I read "stay to eclipse for as little as you can, you had too few NGs gained". Even in the multidot situation. Really? Thought that eclipsed multidotting is really strong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I feel I get a bit inconsistent info in this thread. And I explain.

1. DoTs.

I read to try maximize uptime to near 100%. Now I see to be more... flexible with it. Aka, if we are close (definition?) to an eclipse and ready to get NG we wait for it. That might mean not 100% uptime!

So, CA dots till they expire or cast the eclipsed+NG to overwrite the previous one?

2. Multi DoT.

I read "stay to eclipse for as little as you can, you had too few NGs gained". Even in the multidot situation. Really? Thought that eclipsed multidotting is really strong
    It's really hard to give a definite answer to your question. 100% uptime on dots is good, but not while you have an NG uptime of 40%. And what used to be eclipsed multidotting shifted to eclipsed NG multidotting. For example if you enter Lunar, and start multidotting everything, a good amount of crit will SS you to the next eclipse pretty fast. The lower your gear (spec crit) the longer it 'might' take. If you sit in lunar when NG drops with only 1-2 SS procs, you kinda screwed. Since getting back to lunar without NG would be super painful. Dotting is a good thing, but try to do it with NG, and don't forget to keep rotating. For example on horridon you can enter Lunar, SF + MF on 4 targets and then move on to solar. With some bad luck this could make your dots drop (Not enough SS procs) before reaching solar, but putting up new dots would not be good.

About the CA it is more clear. Try to refresh your dots when you are about to leave solar. With enough haste, you can actually go solar from CA, and all the way back to lunar on your CA dots. Dont refresh them if they still have 5sec+ when you are about to leave solar.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    It's really hard to give a definite answer to your question. 100% uptime on dots is good, but not while you have an NG uptime of 40%. And what used to be eclipsed multidotting shifted to eclipsed NG multidotting. For example if you enter Lunar, and start multidotting everything, a good amount of crit will SS you to the next eclipse pretty fast. The lower your gear (spec crit) the longer it 'might' take. If you sit in lunar when NG drops with only 1-2 SS procs, you kinda screwed. Since getting back to lunar without NG would be super painful. Dotting is a good thing, but try to do it with NG, and don't forget to keep rotating. For example on horridon you can enter Lunar, SF + MF on 4 targets and then move on to solar. With some bad luck this could make your dots drop (Not enough SS procs) before reaching solar, but putting up new dots would not be good.

About the CA it is more clear. Try to refresh your dots when you are about to leave solar. With enough haste, you can actually go solar from CA, and all the way back to lunar on your CA dots. Dont refresh them if they still have 5sec+ when you are about to leave solar.
    Ok, thank you very much for your replies. We are obviously talking about a really gap at gear to achieve some of these. I really enjoy the moonkin gameplay (well maybe it is still new and it is the only subspec (apart from all mages that I really hate) I have never played in my wow life). I am still at 488 ilvl and at my first haste cap (@5388 atm). I am sure I will see more things as I progress through gear. Too bad I cannot raid normal ToT with her since we try progress at heroics with mains.

I don't even know where to begin

I know my rotation is off, mostlikely high movement mechanic frazzle and improper dot application

ive spoken with a few friends and there input jumped my dps but its still way behind the pack for being 511 gs 50k to mid 70s .... hit 100+ on one night of tot but back to 70 night 2 over the last 2 weeks

and simple things imo of using 2 piece sets of t14 and t15 normal gear vs losing the t14 2 piece by using the shoulders of dinomancy vs eternal blossom shoulders and going for the stats ....

input on macros, gemming properly, reforging properly (I put a lot of stock in AMR but I think something is just wrong above and beyond my button mashing)

not letting me post links cuz of my noobness
    but my armory can be found via phannis alliance exodar ... guild crucial for logs

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...annis/advanced

Log link: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/63250/
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-05-09 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added links.

Hi, I need some helpful criticism/tips on how to improve my dps. I'm not terrible, but I feel I can be doing much better than I am currently. I do the standard opening rotation (usually) and keep my dots up as much as possible on as many targets as possible. I am almost content with my AoE dps, but single target seems to be lacking severely and I'm worried about my performance on Ji'kun coming up. Anything would be much appreciated Thanks

I can't post my armory/worldoflogs cause I just recently made an account, but my character's name is Lùcìe on US-Sargeras, and my logs are under <For Science> also on Sargeras. I only have 2 days of logs on there because my guild only started raiding a couple weeks ago and no one else wanted to log. Anyways, thanks in advance!

Hi, I need some helpful criticism/tips on how to improve my dps. I'm not terrible, but I feel I can be doing much better than I am currently. I do the standard opening rotation (usually) and keep my dots up as much as possible on as many targets as possible. I am almost content with my AoE dps, but single target seems to be lacking severely and I'm worried about my performance on Ji'kun coming up. Anything would be much appreciated Thanks

I can't post my armory/worldoflogs cause I just recently made an account, but my character's name is Lùcìe on US-Sargeras, and my logs are under <For Science> also on Sargeras. I only have 2 days of logs on there because my guild only started raiding a couple weeks ago and no one else wanted to log. Anyways, thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimble View Post

Without looking at your logs, the only thing i can say is don't gem pure intellect. Change them for intellect/crit in red and spirit/crit for blue sockets. Also NV is not gonna be the best on most fights.

Thanks for the input on the gems, I'll try that out tomorrow for raid and see how it goes. What do you recoment for prismatic sockets and JC gems? Pure crit? When I start getting so much crit, is there a point where you're not supposed to DoT up everything you can? Because the SS procs get insane and I'm not sure if I should keep doting first then use SS procs or jsut use the SS procs. I keep fearing I'm losing potential SS procs if I keep DoTing.

My logs (I've only recently started to log, I hope there's enough info here to get an idea of how I play):
    Worldoflogs.com /reports/rt-a59oo8jdjptnzl6e/details/12/ -- Tortos/Meg attempts
    Worldoflogs.com /reports/rt-kyakifcbozih6dho/details/3/ -- Meg attempts
    Worldoflogs.com /reports/rt-rhxan681rjpg665y/details/11/ -- Jin'rok/Horridon/Counsil attempts

sorry I had to butcher the WoL, it won't let me post links
    Last edited by Zimble; 2013-05-15 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phannis View Post
    I don't even know where to begin

I know my rotation is off, mostlikely high movement mechanic frazzle and improper dot application

ive spoken with a few friends and there input jumped my dps but its still way behind the pack for being 511 gs 50k to mid 70s .... hit 100+ on one night of tot but back to 70 night 2 over the last 2 weeks

and simple things imo of using 2 piece sets of t14 and t15 normal gear vs losing the t14 2 piece by using the shoulders of dinomancy vs eternal blossom shoulders and going for the stats ....

input on macros, gemming properly, reforging properly (I put a lot of stock in AMR but I think something is just wrong above and beyond my button mashing)

not letting me post links cuz of my noobness
    but my armory can be found via phannis alliance exodar ... guild crucial for logs

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...annis/advanced

Log link: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/63250/
    Ur dps is quite low for ur gear man.. Lets see:

Jin'rokh: are u doing anythign when moving? I noticed a few times where you dps dropped to almost zero... Make sure ur spamming a dot (eclipsed if possible), not doing anything while moving is killing u there. 30% wastes SS procs.

Horridon: there's so many adds to dot in that fight and yet ur dot uptime was low (85/72). Most ppl aren't using NV anymore, specially that I noticed you ended up misaligning it some INC+CA burst phases. Heart of the Wild is the standard option atm. Hurricane on adds? Never seen that. If adds are dying quick, just keep dotting things up and sending for SS procs away. 30% wasted SS procs again.

Council: ur not doing it right. Just keep multidotting everything and tossing ur SS procs on the active boss. Ur dot uptimes are very low on a 4 boss fight, this is not good. WTF ur not aligning CA with INC? Make sure u always pop them together if you can't time then to end together. 33% uptime on NG? Geez, that is absurdly low. Ur not dotting enough to get SS procs that will help with moving the eclipses.

I'm going to stop here. U get the idea. More dots, keep them up, use SS as u get, keep eclipses moving. Change HotW with NV, macro INC+NV.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zimble View Post
    Thanks for the input on the gems, I'll try that out tomorrow for raid and see how it goes. What do you recoment for prismatic sockets and JC gems? Pure crit? When I start getting so much crit, is there a point where you're not supposed to DoT up everything you can? Because the SS procs get insane and I'm not sure if I should keep doting first then use SS procs or jsut use the SS procs. I keep fearing I'm losing potential SS procs if I keep DoTing.

My logs (I've only recently started to log, I hope there's enough info here to get an idea of how I play):
    Worldoflogs.com /reports/rt-a59oo8jdjptnzl6e/details/12/ -- Tortos/Meg attempts
    Worldoflogs.com /reports/rt-kyakifcbozih6dho/details/3/ -- Meg attempts
    Worldoflogs.com /reports/rt-rhxan681rjpg665y/details/11/ -- Jin'rok/Horridon/Counsil attempts

sorry I had to butcher the WoL, it won't let me post links
    Ji'rokh: you got pursued bu the damn lightning ball 4 times, that really sucks. Unable to squeeze the 2nd INC+CA, might suggest pop the first one a little bit before the puddle is up so you can have the 2 up? not sure.
    Horridon: you managed to squeeze 4 INC+CA combos but looks like ur last one was cut short by boss dead. I usually space out my INC+CA into 3 bursts to make sure the last one will be ready at the very start of the last phase - thats when we hero and i pop my 2nd pot.

Deleted
    Keep the intellect JC gems, sadly we dont get as much from making them crit. And yes 320 crit in yellow and prismatic sockets.

I would like to get some help but it says I have to post several times before I can post links to my armory and World of logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiayn View Post
    I would like to get some help but it says I have to post several times before I can post links to my armory and World of logs.
    Just put a space between the dots... something like:

worldoflogs. com /reports/54aitc7utkib8of1/

10+ Year Old Account
    I can edit the links back-together once you've posted them like land shows.

Well being a hybrid in my guild is taken full advantage of and they keep making me switch and so forth. So I am behind the curve on gear since I also took a 3 month break from raiding and have recently come back. The log I am linking will not be the best to judge myself by but it's somewhere to start hopefully by Saturday I will have a better log to show you. Secondly, I know that I suck at multi-dotting and I usually just keep dots on at least 3 targets and focus the highest priority target more so than dotting everything. I would also like some help with being able to target the correct targets instead of relying on tidy plates addon to give me the correct target

Wow Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Chiayn/advanced

World of Logs:
    www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xq5nirc13xh9areq/
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-05-17 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Fixed links

Deleted
    Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gneur/advanced

Logs : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/j9lqb...one/?enc=kills

I feel like I'm underperforming.

With wushoolai I try to refresh my dots during last 2seconds, and I use the clipping technique to refresh DoTs in general.
    I delay my SS proc when 1cast away from an eclipse and if it's my 2nd SS during solar until i reach 5energy (well I try)

When moving, I try to spam lunar shower unless it would replace strong dot (wushoolai buffed, eclipsed+NG) and spamming SS.

In the linked logs, I was sitting on only 9k5 crit, and even now @11k I feel like I don't have many SS procs... :/ Do I delay them too much resulting in a proc waste larger than normal ? Are my DoT not enough up on the target(s) ?

I understood the guide in post-it, but when confronted with real-raid content, I feel like the "ideal" gameplay is very hard to maintain.

I would really appreciate your expert tips

P.S : this is our alt raid
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-05-21 at 01:10 AM.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gzc8kly2jo42ah63/

So we went 10man this week (And all future weeks.) and I just feel like my performance dropped significantly. Is it really just the difference between 10 and 25? Or am I messing up something that Im just not seeing.

(http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/149958/ are our old 25man logs.)