Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    The numbers come up pretty much a wash either way though, don't they?

Are you considering the additional int we get from 10 int due to talents and motw?

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 09:41 PM ----------

If you're in decent gear they shouldn't be falling off until you're just about at the next Eclipse, unless you're doing some heavy moving for something. I've never understood this idea that people refresh DoTs mid-Eclipse . Doesn't make sense to me.
    Wrathcalcs values orange gems gems higher, either being close to breakpoint or not. But yeah RNG would change dps more than that. I just answer his question because he though orange in this case is wrong :P

If you're in decent gear they shouldn't be falling off until you're just about at the next Eclipse, unless you're doing some heavy moving for something. I've never understood this idea that people refresh DoTs mid-Eclipse . Doesn't make sense to me.
    Fading Light can be really annoying there -.- But if you're just standing and nuking, there's no point to refresh them halfway, that's true. Now we just need to find a fight were we can actually do that.

Deleted
    Hello MMO !

i recently changed to boomkin mainspec ive got an issue with TRINKET CHOICE wouldt it be worth it to exchange either [Darkmoon Card: Volcano] OR [Foul Gift of the Demon Lord] WITH > > [Bottled Wishes] to gain more Haste?? im currently at 2711 Haste

/sleipnir

outside of ultraxion fading llight nonsense, yeah 95% of the time you'll never need

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SleipnirRunetotemEU View Post
    Hello MMO !

i recently changed to boomkin mainspec ive got an issue with TRINKET CHOICE wouldt it be worth it to exchange either [Darkmoon Card: Volcano] OR [Foul Gift of the Demon Lord] WITH > > [Bottled Wishes] to gain more Haste?? im currently at 2711 Haste

/sleipnir
    I'd say replace Foul Gift with Bottle Wishes, it'll get you to your next haste breakpoint AND it line up with every other Darkmoon Card proc (assuming you're using it on cooldown). Also if Foul Gift decides to proc outside of an eclipse you get absolutely no benefit from it.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2012-03-22 at 02:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    outside of ultraxion fading llight nonsense, yeah 95% of the time you'll never need[COLOR="red"]
    Thanks for the reaffirmation. I just like to hit this home for a lot of newer balance druids, because they always ask me why their DPS is poor, and they always end up refreshing DoTs at the end of EVERY Eclipse, which is just silly.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Driizy View Post
    Hey i need a bit of help on ultraxion as i dont think my dps is as good as it should be.

Idont click the button until around 1-0.5sec and i keep my dots up all the time unless i am 1-2 casts off an eclipse

here is my armory and logs

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Driizy/simple
    worldoflogs.com/reports/g04xe34ise4amamh/details/65/?s=7151&e=7445

Thanks for your time,
    Driizy
    That Rathrak Weapon is awesome, try to get it and a good Off hand. Other than that you look perfect, don't kick yourself too hard man, it isn't really your fault, Boomkin is just about the worst DPS there is right now, and I will not insult you by saying to go Feral....try to get the legendary, not really that hard now and you seem to be the best caster in your guild.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    That Rathrak Weapon is awesome, try to get it and a good Off hand. Other than that you look perfect, don't kick yourself too hard man, it isn't really your fault, Boomkin is just about the worst DPS there is right now, and I will not insult you by saying to go Feral....try to get the legendary, not really that hard now and you seem to be the best caster in your guild.

Dan
    Rathrak is garbage. The proc is about 2%(roughly 200K) of your overall dps. You'd benefit more from 350+ worth of stat points on your weapon. The only time you should use Rathrak is during heavy AoE or if you have nothing better. Normal Lightning Rod > Rathrak.

It does benefit from solar eclipse's increased nature damage if your lucky enough to proc it inside, but overall i've never seen it being very effective.

And Your damage looks fine for the buffs you have.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2012-03-27 at 07:31 PM.

No, he's right. Rathrak hero is currently the second strongest weapon a Moonkin can get. I was a bit surprised at first, but after checking, Rathrak indeed beats all other weapons from the same difficulty(it can't compete with higher difficulty ones, though, so Rathrak normal loses to heroic Lightning Rod, but not to the normal one).

Now, Ti'tahk on the other hand...

Normal Lightning Rod > Rathrak.
    highly doubt it. 45 int and 159 spellpower (with either of the 397 offhands).

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...21.0.0.0.71881

Deleted
    Ok, so I haven't been a raider until recently when I started doing DS and I was wondering if there is anything wrong with my gear/ talent build and glyphs, and I'm also starting to think that my reforges are quite bad.

Armory link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Omnx/advanced

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Just a quick question for all the boomkins out there, my guild has a boomkin that is still using 4 piece t12 heroic gear and isn't getting any t13 until heroic gear. Is he doing it right or is it actually an increase now to get 4 piece t13 since the starsurge damage increase went out as well? I would link armory, but he is currently logged out in pvp gear so I'm not sure what heroic pieces he is using.

Hey I was just wondering what my friend could do to up his dps.

Armory (they know they are missing one of their JC gems. They got new shoulders last night and forgot to replace one of their 40 int gems with a JC gem that was in the old shoulders)

WoL
    H Ultraxion
    H Yor'sahj

I know his dot uptimes are kinda low on H ultrax (85%-90% instead of 95%-100%) but beyond that is there anything he could be doing to pull more dps? its not an issue of killing the bosses (we can obviously do it and have been doing it for a little while). Just want to know if there's anything beyond that they are missing (that I'm not seeing) that would get them up to a more 35-40k range (if possible without tricks/DI etc) for Ultrax. And I know he should be doing better for Yor'sahj (those dot uptimes suck).

Also should he still be stacking haste at this point? I don't remember what the haste threshold is (I'm thinking 3100ish) or if that even matters ultimately for single target.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Narcuru; 2012-03-28 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, ive been having some problems the last few weeks were i feel like my dps is going lower and lower every week even though im getting more gear.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5142&e=5434 world of logs from a little while back. This is my Boomkin gear now, the only thing that has change from those logs too now is getting the heroic morechok neck, tier legs and being able to use my resto chest. Getting those 3 pieces of gear and my dps stays roughly the same sometimes lower. Ill make sure to get new logs next week but im just wondering if there is any glaring errors you can see right now, not sure if im pre potting or not on those logs, probably not cause it was all farm stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcuru View Post
    Also should he still be stacking haste at this point? I don't remember what the haste threshold is (I'm thinking 3100ish) or if that even matters ultimately for single target.
    Haste > All Secondary Stats, Always. The entire raids DPS is pretty low which is going to effect his DPS, not sure why he's using Cunning on Ultraxion though, his dot uptime is a bit low but unless he's the one logging then that might be innacurate on Ultraxion due to the different phases, especially if its a tank logging. Most of his gear is 397 so his DPS isn't really that bad.

As for Yor'sahj he should be in Solar eclipse for every black phase and use sunfire on the adds as they spawn (they spawn roughly one second apart so it's pretty easy) - he had hardly any dots on them and most of them were moonfire so he wasn't in the right eclipse, if theres a blue then you can stop one cast off solar to proc mana when you enter, or just innervate yourself / a healer (with glyph).

Quote Originally Posted by Narcuru View Post
    Hey I was just wondering what my friend could do to up his dps.

I know his dot uptimes are kinda low on H ultrax (85%-90% instead of 95%-100%) but beyond that is there anything he could be doing to pull more dps? its not an issue of killing the bosses (we can obviously do it and have been doing it for a little while). Just want to know if there's anything beyond that they are missing (that I'm not seeing) that would get them up to a more 35-40k range (if possible without tricks/DI etc) for Ultrax. And I know he should be doing better for Yor'sahj (those dot uptimes suck).

Thanks in advance!
    At first look... uptimes on dots could be a little higher. Couple things to keep in mind about Boomkins - Its all about the planning.

Boomkin's primary dmg output comes from Nature's Grace (15% Haste Buff - decrease cast times, extra dot ticks, ect.) managing this makes or breaks most boomkins.

Sunfire Dot Dmg is significantly higher than Moonfire Dmg. One way I've tried to help with this is doing a set of Sunfire Dot at the beginning of Solar then right near the end. I allow the 2nd set of Sunfire dots to run their course even if I have hit Lunar Eclipse. (Picked this up from Korean Boomkin on HM Kill of Madness)

This is gonna change the rotation enough and hopefully for the best. It takes practice. Remember use everything on CD.

Cunning of the Cruel isn't the best option for a trinket for a Boomkin, but it gets the job done.
    Last edited by Kilma; 2012-03-29 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Ok, so I haven't been a raider until recently when I started doing DS and I was wondering if there is anything wrong with my gear/ talent build and glyphs, and I'm also starting to think that my reforges are quite bad.

Armory link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Omnx/advanced

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    still pretty far over hit cap, you could definitely get that closer to 1742. Off-hand needs to be reforged to haste. Valor belt is better than Normal Hagara belt. Valor wrists are really bad, get the craftable ones made, they are just as good as the Heroic Morchok wrists since it has 2 gem slots. Should be using Mindbending Lens relic. Biggest issue is that you have alot of crit and not enough haste. Should notice a pretty big DPS increase once u get all that crit off your gear and get more haste.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    Just a quick question for all the boomkins out there, my guild has a boomkin that is still using 4 piece t12 heroic gear and isn't getting any t13 until heroic gear. Is he doing it right or is it actually an increase now to get 4 piece t13 since the starsurge damage increase went out as well? I would link armory, but he is currently logged out in pvp gear so I'm not sure what heroic pieces he is using.
    4pc Normal T13 > 4pc Heroic T12 he should definitely upgrade

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Boomkin's primary dmg output comes from Nature's Grace (15% Haste Buff - decrease cast times, extra dot ticks, ect.) managing this makes or breaks most boomkins.
    huh?
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2012-03-29 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Sunfire Dot Dmg is significantly higher than Moonfire Dmg. One way I've tried to help with this is doing a set of Sunfire Dot at the beginning of Solar then right near the end. I allow the 2nd set of Sunfire dots to run their course even if I have hit Lunar Eclipse. (Picked this up from Korean Boomkin on HM Kill of Madness)
    You should never refresh dots again unless you've had to move or something else has happened to make your dots run out before you leave eclipse, you should go straight to the next eclipse at high haste levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    still pretty far over hit cap, you could definitely get that closer to 1742. Off-hand needs to be reforged to haste. Valor belt is better than Normal Hagara belt. Valor wrists are really bad, get the craftable ones made, they are just as good as the Heroic Morchok wrists since it has 2 gem slots. Should be using Mindbending Lens relic. Biggest issue is that you have alot of crit and not enough haste. Should notice a pretty big DPS increase once u get all that crit off your gear and get more haste.
    Thanks a lot for your help, I did what you said and my dps improved greatly and now I am wondering if there is also something to improve talent wise.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Omnx/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    You should never refresh dots again unless you've had to move or something else has happened to make your dots run out before you leave eclipse, you should go straight to the next eclipse at high haste levels.
    It depends. With my current haste (2824), im able to make it from the end of solar to lunar or one cast away from lunar (including queued starfire) if my dots have 11.8 seconds or more while at <15 energy. Anything less than that and it's a dps increase to refresh them before leaving solar. Uneclipsed dots are far worse than minor clipping.

An extremely helpful tool that I've been using.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...G15cGJaLUNuWGc

I plug in my normal haste, my haste when velocity procs, and whether or not I'm queuing a starfire at the beginning of lunar(on zonnozz for example, I stack right in his ass so wrath has almost no travel time making that one less cast I need to get to lunar).
    Last edited by pakoa; 2012-03-29 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help, I did what you said and my dps improved greatly and now I am wondering if there is also something to improve talent wise.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Omnx/advanced
    Furor and moonglow are both worthless talents at the current item level (i think u may need 1 point in moonglow to get farther into the balance tree). There aren't any massively important talents you're missing but just for some extra utility u can go 2/3 or 3/3 into perserverance, 1/2 or 2/2 blessing of the grove and choose between gale winds/fungal growth/solar beam.