Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    there was - not long ago a 185 mio euro jackpot in the lottery ... if i'd won that i first of all would buy a new computer (geek alert) ... latest tech, water cooled and silent ... then i would invest some money into appartments that i would rent to other people (just to get some static income) ... and then i would use a big part of that money for generous purposes ... donation and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the money -

Buy myself a new house. Big enough for expansions of a family.
    Buy a car, a normal, every day car.
    Buy my sister a new house, on her name.
    Buy my parents a new house, if they'd accept it.
    Save the rest for the house/possible kids/etc

tell no one but my close family, as people you once knew like to reappear back in to your life when you come in to money. give some mills to charities i've supported over the years, Pay off debts for me and family, make sure my parents have a nice place to live and retire. give them a few million, then decide what I would actually do with my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Give £2M each to my parents and siblings = £12 Million
    2. Give £1M each for BF's parents and siblings = £4 Million
    3. Grandparents and blood related aunts and uncles 500K each. = £5 Million
    4. Friends and colleagues I like, 200K each. = About £7 Million
    5. Charity = £20 Million
    6. New House = £2 Million

Might splash a bit more around on family and friends. But then I've got £50 Million still to play with. I can afford it.

I'll definitely go back to Uni and study something to start with.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2011-10-06 at 12:19 PM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

First of all, lock up half of it in a high interest bank account so that the interest effectively works as a monthly salary. This way it can keep me and my (possible) descendants happy and content without having to work a single day. Ideally.

Once that was sorted, I'd quit my job, buy a nice house somewhere in the middle of nowhere (with a decent internet connection, so I'd have to make a compromise between the two), get the best PC possible and live the good life.

By day, I'd write books for fun, to get my stories out there. By night, I'd be a full time raider. Oh, and I'd have my own personal gym, so I can actually get fit in the comfort of my own home. (hate the idea of exercising with other people)

I dunno, lots of ideas. It essentially boils down to this: I'd pursue my dreams and live in comfort, while ensuring the future of my (possible) descendants. I think that's what most people would do if given the opportunity?

pay off my debts
    buy nice things for the people who've helped me in the past
    invest some
    and spend some on luxuries like a nice holiday with my girlfriend, maybe buy my own house (although I quite like my current rented flat, maybe I'd buy that :P)

give some money to my parents if its like 1xx million, id give half to them.
    take my close friends out to a holiday
    buy a house for myself, buy a bar ( my favourite bar in the world that 1 id prefer )

and buy some % of the soccer team i support

-Buy a good house with a geothermal heat pump, sunpower solar panels and such. And an awesome gym in the basement.
    -Pay off my dad's house and my mom's house
    -Buy my dad a good, brand new car
    -Two nice cars (a '79 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am for summer and some nice new SUV)
    -Upgrade my electronics (TV, Computer, etc)
    -Probably put the rest in a bank and live off the interest, with a small job-thing to keep me occupied.
    Last edited by Incognito Noctix; 2011-10-06 at 12:24 PM.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Deleted
    I'd fucking go banans á la Vincent Chase, by a big house by the sea, a few Gallardo's because I like em so much, ten of the best gaming-computers I could get my hands on and then invite my closest friends, get 5 years playtime-subscription for each friend, gain about 150 kilos, put McDonalds on speeddial and rent Kayden Kross and a dancing pole.
    I'm good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it all in the bank and live off the interest, taking out big chunks when I want to buy something decent

Deleted
    1) Quit work
    2) Buy nice house
    3) Get a nice car
    4) Have a money bath
    5) Wake up...

Deleted
    I would run outside and just start shouting in celebration. Throwing in a few fist pumps then probably not be able to sleep as i am overjoyed of the prospect of having all that money. Once i have calmed down i will make out a list of things i want to do with the money.

I will be happy no doubt about it,and to those that say money does not buy happiness well from the situations i have been in experiences i have had it would sure make me happy.

Deleted
    shoot myself

with a few bottles of whiskey

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy a house, a car, devide ~25 mil euro under my family, give 100K euro to charity (devided amongst multiple charities). Probably some more stuff, but I don't know.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

buy the intruments i have always wanted. get my motocycle license, fly to india and ride on a home to denmark, a 4months i would never forget !!

and the usual, build the house of my dreams, get some motocross bikes for future kids and stuff.

i would definitely find a job i enjoy and not worry about money ever!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    I would even continue working, being home whole day long isn't my thing
    Whenever I hear that line, especially from actual winners, I say to myself those people don't deserve to win.

I would buy alot of high end vegas hookers on a regular basis. Just so I dont have to deal with the nonsense of relationships.

buy a very large block of land for realestate with a house for my siblings and parents (for each one & their familys)

probably buy my close mates a few things, help them out. then take us all on a holiday, send my parents wherever they wanted to go.

then either put a chunk of it into business stocks, or something that will give me a bigger return, or let me live casually and comfortably. i wouldnt go buy 10 ferraris, a boat a plane and reserve a peice of the moon though, none of that interests me. after ive done the "big" things, id just dip into the money for bills/and whatnot

Deleted
    I would explore the world... And have fun ofc.

actually..... there was this guy in denmark, who won the biggest amount in lottery history(in denmark ofc) a couple of years ago.

in denmark we dont have those insane amount of money to win. but it was like 5million euros, atleast thats alot in denmark. but he bought house, cars, and partied and all that stuff ppl are describing here. too bad he used like 90% of it in the first year.. really a retard move.

ofc money matter, but would never ever announce it, i would choose to stay anonymous, because he had problems with rockers demanding "protection" money and all that stuff....