Thread: Metroid Prime

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Metroid Prime

Damn this some nice game to own. Fun times playing!

its only flaw was it was on gamecube exclusively

Yea I love the Metroid series, wish it was available on a wider platform.

Deleted
    u can get metroid trilogy for wii, it has all three metroid games in same package. actualy I myself own this same package.
    http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14352258.html

Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    When has a main-IP (zelda, mario, etc, the big ones) Nintendo game ever been on a non-nintendo console?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    u can get metroid trilogy for wii, it has all three metroid games in same package. actualy I myself own this same package.
    Yeah this all the way, the metroid prime games were probably one of my top games of last generation and corruption was amazing as well. I hope they continue with fps Metroid games, even though the prime series is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Yeah this all the way, the metroid prime games were probably one of my top games of last generation and corruption was amazing as well. I hope they continue with fps Metroid games, even though the prime series is over.
    Nintendo needs to make another 2D Metroid imo

Really loved Fusion and Super Metroid, need more of that!
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

Hey m8, I think "Metroid Other M" for Wii includes some 2D metroid play. However you cant explore as freely in Metroid Other M than in Metroid Prime games.

I only played the first Metroid for GC and did not find it fun. I didn't like that style of FPS, it lacked in storyline, boss epicness, and generally just interesting things. (Won't say GFX because it is only a GC). There wasn't much (at least in the first 25% of the game) to show who Samus even was, what she was there for or why she was the only one.

Out of all the "iconic" Nintendo "heroes," I dare say Samus is the one with the least background, worst games (after year 2,000), and most forgettable bosses.

About the only plus I can think of is it's wonderful musical score. Loved the music.

Yeah I miss my old Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, they were an addiction for a long period of time.

When has a main-IP (zelda, mario, etc, the big ones) Nintendo game ever been on a non-nintendo console?
    "I'm so hungry I could eat an octorok!"

I pretend Other M doesn't exist. The Prime Trilogy though..... The greatest Metroid Games. Ever. Probably the best Gamecube games minus RE4 and the two Zeldas, and pretty ridiculously solid Wii game too. Metroid absolutely deserves its spot alongside Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14352258.html
    Good luck finding one its rare as hell now

I fucking loved all 3 of them, especially the last one, Corruption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    I only played the first Metroid for GC and did not find it fun. I didn't like that style of FPS, it lacked in storyline, boss epicness, and generally just interesting things. (Won't say GFX because it is only a GC). There wasn't much (at least in the first 25% of the game) to show who Samus even was, what she was there for or why she was the only one.

Out of all the "iconic" Nintendo "heroes," I dare say Samus is the one with the least background, worst games (after year 2,000), and most forgettable bosses.

About the only plus I can think of is it's wonderful musical score. Loved the music.
    Well. You could say Mario series lacks storyline, ok princess is kidnapped and mario gonna save it thats it, still both Mario Galaxy games are in gamerankings.com "all the time" top three. Theres totally different things that attract players in Metroid series than storyline. Atlest for me it's that you can explore world quite freely, come back to some old places to unlock stuff after u get upgrades and overall playing metroid isnt about just moving foward and shooting. I think thats part of the reason Metroid Prime games have high ratings.
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2011-10-07 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post

In all fairness, most of Samus her lore (or just lore from the general plot) get's explained in either secret lore scans, or in gameboy (or older) games. Metroid: Zero Mission game a fair idea...and I didn't even bother to read it all.

If you really want to know about the story, you just have to look in the game for clues, it's simple as that.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2011-10-07 at 08:11 PM.

Hey m8, I think "Metroid Other M" for Wii includes some 2D metroid play. However you cant explore as freely in Metroid Other M than in Metroid Prime games.
    It's not really 2D, neither in the graphics or gameplay sense. And it just sucks on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    "I'm so hungry I could eat an octorok!"
    You shall be executed for referring to those as "Zelda games". Or rather,

You will DIE *mashes face against screen*

Well. You could say Mario series lacks storyline, ok princess is kidnapped and mario gonna save it thats it, still both Mario Galaxy games are in gamerankings.com "all the time" top three. Theres totally different things that attract players in Metroid series than storyline. Atlest for me it's that you can explore world quite freely, come back to some old places to unlock stuff after u get upgrades and overall playing metroid isnt about just moving foward and shooting. I think thats part of the reason Metroid Prime games have high ratings.
    So basically, everything you like about Metroid is done much better in Zelda games. Lol. It's true, I've seen my friend basically beat the latter part of the game and a lot of the important stuff seems hidden, I think that's kind of ridiculous. I also hated the having to scan every single thing to beat the game 100%. The game was advertised like a space-version of James Bond when it first came out, at least that's how I saw it never having played a Metroid game before the first release on GC.

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    In all fairness, most of Samus her lore (or just lore from the general plot) get's explained in either secret lore scans, or in gameboy (or older) games. Metroid: Zero Mission game a fair idea...and I didn't even bother to read it all.

If you really want to know about the story, you just have to look in the game for clues, it's simple as that.
    It's a dumb concept to have to accidentally stumble upon an important fact about your hero. That's like hitting level 85 on your wow character, doing a side-quest and suddenly the side-quest tells you "Oh, by the way, you're a level 85 HUNTER" but you never knew what class you were before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Yea I love the Metroid series, wish it was available on a wider platform.

There is a decent emulator for the GameCube, I have Prime and it works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    I hope you are all aware the wii console can play gamecube games. It has gamecube controller slots at the top of it under a flap, and space for gamecube memory cards. I'm playing Legend of Zelda the windwaker on my wii as I type this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Amiolas/simple
    ^^^click this link to see my awesome warlock ^^^