Screen Size on TV

Okay guys hopefully this is the right spot. I am not sure if i am doing this right but when i hook my hdmi cord into my laptop to my tv, the screen on the tv is a bit to big and im not sure how to get it so that everything is even on my tv as it shows on my laptop screen. Its just a bit off and i have tried changing everything that i can think of. Maybe you guys can help thanks im learning : ) and you guys are helping!

What resolutions are your laptop and your tv?
    Which mode are you using, duplicate or projector?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1366x768 and atm i am useing duplicate i tried useing HDMI only and same thing happened!

When you tried hdmi-only, did you make sure your resolution was set to the tv's native res?
    What tv do you have? Is it a recent 1080p hdtv?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Try manually changing the PC output resolution to 1920x1080 may have to try 1600x900

Umm a Samsing 32" 720p HDTV. I have not tried setting the tv to its native res i just left it as it is

Well if it's trying to output 1366x768 onto a 1280x720 screen you'll get exactly the problem you're describing... so set it to output 1280x720 and it should work.

Nope didnt work i even went all the way down to 800x600 idk why it wont fit.

Was going to suggest 1280x720 kind of assumed a 1080 tv tho but yea 1280x720 or image wont be correct. try 1068x768

Nope that did not work either. I am stumped! hah

Deleted
    I'm guessing the issue is that the display looks like this?:

Thats a scaling setting error - you need to change the Scaling value in the graphic card settings to 0%.

Turn off overscan, scaling or whatever from graphics drivers settings like mentioned above. And use only 1366x768 resolution with the TV, you'll get best picture quality that way.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

No on the T.V its too big like WoW for example, I can only see half of my spells/map everything. Same with everything else it still might be the scaling in the value of the graphic card which i do not know how to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    No on the T.V its too big like WoW for example, I can only see half of my spells/map everything. Same with everything else it still might be the scaling in the value of the graphic card which i do not know how to change.
    Still scaling value - but on your TV. Many TVs by default will crop&zoom the image. Often the easiest way to fix this is to set the TV to 'PC' mode on that port, if such a configuration exists.

In other cases, you might need to manually find a way to alter the scaling/zoom setting for that channel. There might be a section in the manual on it; but I don't know without knowing the exact model of your TV.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-10-09 at 02:33 PM.

I think i had the same issue with the same TV :P
    Try using 1360x768 res instead of 1366

I am useing an HDMI cord/port not the pc port. Yet i still have not fixed the problem!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    I am useing an HDMI cord/port not the pc port.
    Exactly. But your TV doesn't know its receiving a PC signal, so its presumably upscaling the image. You need to find the menu that controls how input on that HDMI port is handled; or if one doesn't exist, a general zoom/scaling setting.

I figured it out! I had to set it to HDMI only so i could not use clone/see anything on the laptop screen. Open my Nvidia panel and click change HDMI screen picture/resolution and i got to adjust it how i want if i want it big or really small. Yet if i try to use both screens which i dont need too then the tv goes back to being dumb. Thanks guys! dammm Nvidia settings! took me forever to figure this out.