Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Top tool bar missing

Here comes probably a very stupid question. Why can't I see the top tool bar in my Windows 7? I -just- installed 7 a few hours ago and noticed that I do not have this tool bar. I asked my g/f what she had to do to display it but she told me that it came like that out of the box. Now before you jump on me and say "I hear google is hard" I already went to a few sites and none of those issues were what I was having. They were dealing with Dell computers or after reinstalls.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

By default, there is no top toolbar in Windows 7 (or any version of Windows since 95). I suspect such a toolbar would be part of some software installed by your computer's manufacturer or possibly internet provider.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhh, okay. Thanks for sheding some light on that. Could someone point me in the direction of some software that could do that?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    define 'toobar'?
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Deleted
    I'm not aware of there being any toolbar on any Windows OS stretching as far back as I can remember.

You could (still can?) place the existing action bar at the top, but that's as far as I know of.

Are you confusing a PC with a Mac?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not confusing a PC with a Mac. But as clarified above what I had seen on other people's PC's has been something can came pre-loaded onto the system. With this information I'm able to find what I was looking for. Thank-you for the responses.

You mean Dell Dock? That's a customized version of Stardock's Object Dock. If you're using Dell motherboard it's free download, if you aren't, you can't have it and need to use the plain vanilla ObjectDock.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've known some laptops come with "hidden" toolbars at the top or left of the screen that become visible when you hover over them, usually it's something related to the webcame software installed by the manufacturer etc

Can you show us a picture of what you are referring to?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu