Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You won't ever crit for that much on a PvP geared tank. Considering they have around 50% damage reduction from resil, 50% more from armor, even if they get 10 stacks, you won't crit that high.

Also, your target have to be under Find Weaknesses to be effective.

Btw, my biggest crit in PvE with Ambush is 50k, considering that I was fully buffed (no tolvir) and I'm using a 391 dagger. No, you won't crit that high on a target of your level, don't count on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    You won't ever crit for that much on a PvP geared tank. Considering they have around 50% damage reduction from resil, 50% more from armor, even if they get 10 stacks, you won't crit that high.

Also, your target have to be under Find Weaknesses to be effective.

Btw, my biggest crit in PvE with Ambush is 50k, considering that I was fully buffed (no tolvir) and I'm using a 391 dagger. No, you won't crit that high on a target of your level, don't count on it.
    Eh? My regular daggers are going far beyond that when i enter anything PvE.

You can go over 100k with ambushes. But FW needs to be up, aswell as said buffs potion shadowstep and berserking.

Why i have lost my time into reading this thread.

on topic: there is no one-shot macro. Any tentative o do one will fail miserably due to how rogues works. the fact you cannot accept it and ignore any proof from more seasoned rogues demonstrates only that you are here to gather more subscriptions on your channel. The reason for this is still unknown.

Please, quit your rogue. And to avoid a flamefest, i ask for a thread lock.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    From my understanding Rogues are known for their control not their burst. I would assume trying to burst someone as a Rogue in arena would be worse then controlling the opposing team with CD's. In BG's or World PvP I guess it wouldn't really matter but I haven't really played a Rogue to know if you can actually have a "one-shot macro"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You can go over 100k with ambushes. But FW needs to be up, aswell as said buffs potion shadowstep and berserking.
    PvE geared war under reckleness, with berserking and FW up and 10 stacks in Warsong Gulch ? Maybe over 100k

Otherwise I don't know how you can hit harder than 50k with ambush in PvE, considering that i'm fully PvE geared with 391 daggers.

Edit: BTW here is the Baleroc log from Fragie of Dream Paragon (World First Rag)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=3947&e=4205
    Ambush - number of crits 17 - Average crit 40392.8
    Last edited by mmoc61c45f9687; 2011-10-11 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i should take schreenshots then?

My ambush goes over 50k even in full ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    From my understanding Rogues are known for their control not their burst. I would assume trying to burst someone as a Rogue in arena would be worse then controlling the opposing team with CD's. In BG's or World PvP I guess it wouldn't really matter but I haven't really played a Rogue to know if you can actually have a "one-shot macro"
    So basically you have never seen a Rogue shadowdance?
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-10-11 at 11:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here, a one-shot macro:
    Code:
    /cast [equipped:Thrown] Throw; Shoot

Deleted
    As long as you're happy with the effects of it I can see no problem, keep doing what you're doing now! I want more people to think out of the box :P
    Ambush crits works on low lvl, but high level, resi + armor... The problem is all the procs and debuffs that need to be up. Stack everything on agi, the damage you need to kill a pvp tank is too much, maybe when blizzard removes resi we get alot of fun :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing resilience at this point in time will kill PvP itself.

I regulary crit 0res people for 50k+ backstabs.

In the 'good old days' you could macro a two-shot kill with an ambush/backstab.
    Most people, especially clothies didn't even see it coming due to stealth.
    Unfortunately, due to all the whining we got nerfed to buggery and Bliz made it impossible to kill this quickly again.

Deleted
    Removing resilience at this point in time will kill PvP itself.

I regulary crit 0res people for 50k+ backstabs.
    Same as before, in PvE, neither I nor Fragie with 391 daggers crit for more than 45-50k in full PvE environment with full buffs. Average hits on Ambush and Backstab with 391 dagger is 40k, so it's not possible to put higher numbers on players with 371 daggers, except if you focus PvE tank flag carrying with 10 stacks and you with Berserking up, then yes it's possible. Else, no.

Deleted
    Heroic bosses have armor, players have resil. You will crit more as melee on players then you will on heroic bosses.

10man normal, bosses less armor, rogue doing 57k avg. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...=11490&e=11704

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as before, in PvE, neither I nor Fragie with 391 daggers crit for more than 45-50k in full PvE environment with full buffs. Average hits on Ambush and Backstab with 391 dagger is 40k, so it's not possible to put higher numbers on players with 371 daggers, except if you focus PvE tank flag carrying with 10 stacks and you with Berserking up, then yes it's possible. Else, no.
    Your assumptions cannot take up against my Pure facts.

But i will take some schreenshots as soon as i can to prove my story.

Deleted
    Your assumptions cannot take up against my Pure facts.

But i will take some schreenshots as soon as i can to prove my story.
    You dont need to, My link shows you a 10man normal doing 57k crits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Heroic bosses have armor, players have resil. You will crit more as melee on players then you will on heroic bosses.

10man normal, bosses less armor, rogue doing 57k avg. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...=11490&e=11704
    Except that this log was from before Unheed Warning nerf to weapon damage boost. Proof ? In buff gained:
    Buff gained - Number - Uptime - Uptime%
    Heedless Carnage - 4 - 39.9 - 18.5 %

Which is Unheeded Warning before nerf.

Please get better logs next time you try to proove a fact.

The worlf first Sub Rogue on Baleroc 25 HC by Fragie which is full 391 is more valuable than an outdated WoL.
    Last edited by mmoc61c45f9687; 2011-10-11 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need to, My link shows you a 10man normal doing 57k crits.
    Im full ruthless pvp with 378 daggers, opposing to your PvE with 391.

Deleted
    That is not me but thank you for thinking It could be ^^

The best way to get high crits in BG would be to go full mastery and the Zerker buff tied with pots buffs and all cds up.

Deleted
    That is not me but thank you for thinking It could be ^^

The best way to get high crits in BG would be to go full mastery and the Zerker buff tied with pots buffs and all cds up.
    Mastery only affects Evisc, which hit for shit as Sub, even full mastery. And btw, look my post above.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 03:46 PM ----------

And that's why it's not possible (he also had Unheed Warning before nerf)

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why it's not possible (he also had Unheed Warning before nerf)
    You can keep saying so all you want.. but the numbers on my schreen suggest otherwise

Deleted
    You can keep saying so all you want.. but the numbers on my schreen suggest otherwise
    That's why I'm just asking for proof.

Screen with buffs, target buff/debuffs, combat log. Then yes. Untill then, no.