Thread: Two Questions.

Two Questions.

As the topic says, I have two questions.. or well, I'm more looking after opinions!

1.) Would you consider dropping Engineering for Blacksmithing worthy?
    2.) Do you think Sulfuras Heroic would out perform two heroic Obsidium Cleavers?

Personally it was a very long time ago I played 2H so I'm very unsure about the second query, but I think Sulfuras would be better but not by alot. I'm also pretty sure Blacksmithing would be better than Engineering due to the permanent passive strength rather than the extra strength per minute.

I'm in the stage I'm feeling unsecure and need a extra opinion, or maybe from someone who've gone from DW to Sulfuras, if so did you notice a improvement or did it get any worse?

Thanks in advance for any serious posts.

Deleted
    Engineering should be better as long as you don't have a trinket that gets locked out by using the tinker since you can stack it with PoF.
    With H Sulfuras you should probably go Unholy though (also a lot more fun to play imo).

//edit: But if you can get H Sulfuras it's only about farming content until 4.3, so feel free to mess around with it deciding what you want to do.

I don't think dropping engineering would be a good idea, since your ghoul cd is still part of your dps, and the more strength you have when you raise him, the more damage it will deal.
    About Sulfuras, not so sure about it. Tried myself using a Zoid to DPS and it was lower than one lava spine plus one gurubashi punisher in damage.

As to the first, engineering's value is all about how it's used. Obviously you can macro the glove tinker with PoF, but it also comes with some very useful raid tools (rocket boosts ftw). Blacksmithing is a good profession, but its only benefit in a raid is the passive stat buff, but no real utility. I'd stick with Engi, personally.

For the second question, if you actually have both sulfuras and the cleavers, it depends which spec you prefer to play. That said, if you want to play a 2H spec, unholy will outperform 2H frost if you play it well. Since you've presumably been playing DW for a while, you'll probably see a dps drop until you get used to a new spec, so it may not be worth picking up for a pretty small dps advantage later on. Bottom line though, sim it and see what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    As to the first, engineering's value is all about how it's used. Obviously you can macro the glove tinker with PoF, but it also comes with some very useful raid tools (rocket boosts ftw). Blacksmithing is a good profession, but its only benefit in a raid is the passive stat buff, but no real utility. I'd stick with Engi, personally.

For the second question, if you actually have both sulfuras and the cleavers, it depends which spec you prefer to play. That said, if you want to play a 2H spec, unholy will outperform 2H frost if you play it well. Since you've presumably been playing DW for a while, you'll probably see a dps drop until you get used to a new spec, so it may not be worth picking up for a pretty small dps advantage later on. Bottom line though, sim it and see what it does.
    Personally I'd rather hang on to Engineering, but I've never really been a blacksmith so it just crossed my mind which would be best, a less amount passive strength, or a higher amount of strength during a short period of time.. and if I gonna be honest with you, as tired as I am right now, I forgot that Engineering tinker was 480 strength. ^_^

I have both cleavers on Heroic and I've always favoured 2H, however I've always sticked to DW because it's more viable for raids due to the higher DPS, hence the question if Sulfuras would "out-do" two cleavers considering it have quite a nice amount of strength, along the higher DPS compared to Shannox 2H (I have a feeling when people are comparing Cleavers against 2H when they're using weapons like Shannox, and not the Sulfuras Heroic ^^).

I don't have Sulfuras yet since I'm not sure if it would out do it, but once I've made a decision, I'll choose to need or pass on it. The question is also, if 2H will be more viable in 4.3 since the PTR notes aren't set in stone yet, so there might be some changes where Sulfuras would come handy.

1) Consider it? I've already done it...a while ago. Essence is a choice trinket of mine, and Synapse Springs forces me to chain it one after the other...and I don't like that. So I went with the +80 static STR with gem sockets and, IMO, I'm better off.

2) This one I'm not sure of, but I will say this - When Firelands was released, I simmed 2 Soul Blades against a Heroic Akirus, and the Soul Blades came out on top by a slight margin.