Poll: Comfort, Sound quality?

G930 VS Creative Omega

I'm planning on purchasing a new headset to replace my old one (link). I originally planned on purchasing the Logitech G930 but these were on sale at Fry's for only $20. They are great but I've been having comfort issues with them. The headband is thin and applies too much pressure on my head (I prefer a bigger and wider headband), and the audio cups are extremely comfortable, except they aren't deep enough, so the plastic presses against my ear.

I am debating upon purchasing either the Logitech G930 or the Creative Labs Tactic 3D Omega.

I don't mind spending upwards to $200 for either headset, and I would easily choose the Omega except for my past experiences with my old creative headset. I was able to wear the Logitech G35 which fixed the issues that I was having with my old headset, and gave me a good idea of what the G930 would feel like. Does anyone have any past experiences with Creative Labs Headsets?

-------

I should probably mention that I'm looking towards only wireless gaming headsets. I already have the G510 and G700, so having more buttons on my headset, or none at all doesn't bother me.

I also don't have a sound card in my laptop*
    Last edited by Litesung; 2011-10-14 at 12:58 AM.

Don't buy anything from Creative. Pretty much every "gaming headset" they have made isn't worth it's weight in plastic and wires.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't mind spending around $200 there are some really nice models from sennheiser, i can't remember the model numbers off the top of my head but i remember reading about them a month or 2 ago.

Deleted
    I looked through the info about the Creative headset and couldn't find anything about buttons. I have the G930 and I wouldn't even trade those buttons for sennheiser sound quality. They are what makes wireless so awesome! You can start a playlist, switch songs and play/pause (works great for movies as well if you have a comfy bed that your mouse/keyboard doesn't reach) or use it to answer skype calls when you're not at the computer. There's a lot more you can do since you are able to set the buttons to any key on your keyboard, for example you can shut down your computer or play an arcane mage while watching TV downstairs.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    I looked through the info about the Creative headset and couldn't find anything about buttons. I have the G930 and I wouldn't even trade those buttons for sennheiser sound quality. They are what makes wireless so awesome! You can start a playlist, switch songs and play/pause (works great for movies as well if you have a comfy bed that your mouse/keyboard doesn't reach) or use it to answer skype calls when you're not at the computer. There's a lot more you can do since you are able to set the buttons to any key on your keyboard, for example you can shut down your computer or play an arcane mage while watching TV downstairs.
    Once you hear Sennheiser quality......... you'll never go back; not even for lazy-person bells and whistles. :P

(Not calling anyone lazy, but seriously, that's the only reason those buttons are there, they're neat, but I can just as easily use the media buttons on my G15 keyboard or use my mouse.) :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Out of the two, probably the Logitech headset. Although I would never buy a "surround" headset myself.

For the ultimate gaming experience, you are better off buying some really nice stereo headphones (AKG, Sennheiser) and add a mic. I was blown away of how accurate the sound and the directional ques were with my AKG headphones in the Battlefield 3 beta. The sound experience was immensely immersive and thrilling and just added additional icing on the cake together with the visuals.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-12 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    If you have a decent sound-card a can afford to spend ~200 USD on a headset, I can really recommend the Sennheiser PC360.

Neither is very good, if they cost USD200. If you only have them to choose for, the G930 is probably less awful.

I should probably mention that I'm looking towards only wireless gaming headsets. I already have the G510 and G700, so having more buttons on my headset, or none at all doesn't bother me.

I also don't have a sound card in my laptop*
    Last edited by Litesung; 2011-10-14 at 12:58 AM.