Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

MageManaBar : Mana management made easy - Version 1.6

I thought it might be a good idea to make a new thread for new version of MageManaBar, the old one is pretty outdated now.

So let me present again this wonderful addon of mine to people who haven't heard about it yet.

This is aimed to be the ultimate Mana Bar for Mages. Arcane Mages specifically will find many of MageManaBar's features invaluable in helping to manage Mana optimally and refine their gameplay. About the gameplay suggestions present in MageManaBar, let me say again that they are totally optional, if you don't like it, just remove it. And if you feel it's making Arcane too much easy to play and allow what you call noobs to top the meters as they shouldn't be able to, i'm sorry but this is the goal of this addon : help mages getting the best of what they can do.

But there is nice things for skilled players too with unique features never seen before (by me at least...) like Mana overflow report, mage armor tick cooldown, spell cost indication and so on.

Anyway, have a look and as always send me feedback and suggestions here or on curse : http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...gemanabar.aspx

MageManaBar Default Settings MageManaBar Mana Overflow MageManaBar Burning phase

• It will always show your real Mana Pool by ignoring temporary Int Buffs which distort your Mana % on standard Unitframes (Eg: Darkmoon Card: Volcano, Power Torrent, Synapse Springs etc).
    • Marker at 35% Mana to show where Evocation can be used without wasting Mana (Factors in ~2 ticks of Mage Armor whilst channeling).
    • Marker at (Max Mana - 12 405) to show where Mana Gem can be used without wasting any Mana.
    • Marker for "Next Mage Armor Tick". (Showing how much Mana the next tick of Mage Armor will give).
    • Marker for Flame Orb mini burn. (Showing how much mana you should regen through AM spam).
    • Marker for Arcane Torrent.
    • Timers for Evocation, Mana Gem, Flame Orb, Arcane Torrent and Mage Armor (Ticks).
    • Show your expected current cast mana usage in realtime on the mana bar.
    • Optional and fully customizable health bar. NEW !
    • Color settings to change the color of the mana bar based on markers crossed. NEW !
    • Information panels that you can unlock and place wherever you want on the bar or the screen, change size and background. This should allow you to make the Mana bar the way you want it. Also featuring a tag list to choose whatever info you want in the style you want (Absolute Cur/Max HP, Cur/Percent mana, Absolute Cur/Max mana, Mastery, Spellpower, Time To Die and many more !!). NEW !
    • Realtime information of mana overflow and lost mana due to end of intellect procs. You will know each time how much mana is wasted in chat report with a summary at the end of the fight to help you refine your gameplay. NEW !
    • Optional advanced gameplay suggestions during fight based on your cooldowns and tested theorycrafted concepts to help you mastering Arcane way of managing mana. You can also enable or disable any of theses suggestions if it doesn't fit your way of playing. NEW !
    • Advanced customisation options for all elements of the addon. You can change colors, textures, fonts, size, alpha, ordering of elements. Everything is optional and can be disabled to make MageManaBar what you always dreamed of.
    USE THE RESET BUTTON IN INTERFACE /OPTIONS WHEN UPGRADING FROM BETA TO RELEASE VERSION OR IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM

PS : Version 1.6 is currently pending approval from curse, meanwhile you can get it on wowinterface at http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20090.html
    Last edited by mmoc5c7403561b; 2011-08-10 at 09:52 AM.

i have to say great idea, but i guess ignorant missile spammers (whenever they proc) will still be there :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for this addon helped me alot when I started to play Arcane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    i have to say great idea, but i guess ignorant missile spammers (whenever they proc) will still be there :<
    if they're not in your party/raid, it's less a problem, ehe

10+ Year Old Account
    In before sarcastic remark about making arcane easier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    booooooooooh !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    Easier yes, but without this addon doing Arcane properly isn't "easy".

Try managing your mana accurately and efficiently with intellect procs making your normal UI mana bar jump around like crazy. =/ Frustrating and wasteful, this addon is fantastic for the fact that Int procs don't affect it ALONE, never mind all the markers, timers and customisations it's got on top of that.

Fantastic work, angayelle! +internets!

@Work atm and no way to test the addon before tomorrow evening, so I'm just going to ask:

Is there some kind of information like: "Start Burnphase now", which comes from some calculation about ((Time till Evo comes off CD) - (Estimated duration of a full Burn Phase, based on current mana)) < 3 seconds or something? Which basically allows me to directly see "HURR DURR spam AB button, if I will hit 35% mana, that's exactly when evo comes off CD"?
    Maybe some similiar indicator with (Estimated time till boss dies, based on current Raid DPS) < (duration of full Burn Phase), so I will be at around 0% mana when the boss hits the dust?

10+ Year Old Account
    looks nice :O maybe i should give it a try

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    @Work atm and no way to test the addon before tomorrow evening, so I'm just going to ask:

Is there some kind of information like: "Start Burnphase now", which comes from some calculation about ((Time till Evo comes off CD) - (Estimated duration of a full Burn Phase, based on current mana)) < 3 seconds or something? Which basically allows me to directly see "HURR DURR spam AB button, if I will hit 35% mana, that's exactly when evo comes off CD"?
    Maybe some similiar indicator with (Estimated time till boss dies, based on current Raid DPS) < (duration of full Burn Phase), so I will be at around 0% mana when the boss hits the dust?
    exactly that ! except duration of burn phase is manually entered in the option panel

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been using the beta version. Looks like it's time to upgrade!

Love this addon. Thank you!

Deleted
    Firstly, thanks for the addons - both CombustionHelper and this are awesome

Secondly - interested to see how other belf mages are using this with arcane torrent & mana gem. I've been basically tagging the two together at the beginning of my burn, but the addon shows the two seperately, when ideally I'd like them combined. Would I be better off checking my mana pool before a fight, and simply adding 6% of that onto the value my mana gem gives me?

Thanks for your hard work on this.

This is a must-have addon for ANY Arcane Mage!
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

I still love this add on. Finally figured out how to make the info panel only show mastery and mana % as well as making them larger lol. (dunno why I like seeing the mastery % but I'm an odd duck!) Thanks again!

Deleted
    I peeled off all the stuff I don't need, making the addon show only my "real" mana percentage. However, every time I log in, it has disappeared, and I have to enter the config window and toggle on/off to make it visible again. Is there any way around this?

btw, can I somehow make the "%" sign go away? I already know what value the number represents. Took a quick look in the .lua file, but didn't find what I was looking for. not too good at that stuff
    Last edited by mmocc2b371ec35; 2011-08-11 at 05:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    I peeled off all the stuff I don't need, making the addon show only my "real" mana percentage. However, every time I log in, it has disappeared, and I have to enter the config window and toggle on/off to make it visible again. Is there any way around this?

btw, can I somehow make the "%" sign go away? I already know what value the number represents. Took a quick look in the .lua file, but didn't find what I was looking for. not too good at that stuff
    it's the mana percentage which is disappearing right ? not the whole addon ?

if you wanna remove the %, for now you'll have to edit the lua file : go line 1130 or search for : function() if UnitIsDeadOrGhost("player") then return "0%" end return format("%.1f%%", UnitPower("player") / MMBregmanapool * 100) end then replace by function() if UnitIsDeadOrGhost("player") then return "0%" end return format("%.1f", UnitPower("player") / MMBregmanapool * 100) end

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jang View Post
    I still love this add on. Finally figured out how to make the info panel only show mastery and mana % as well as making them larger lol. (dunno why I like seeing the mastery % but I'm an odd duck!) Thanks again!
    Glad you could do it, thanks for your support.

When I first heard about it, I was like... meh.

But I gave it a shot... I'm running Lightweave, Power Torrent, and DMC:V, so I noticed a great improvement in my damage simply due to taking the guesswork out of things while my procs hit. I found it to be extremely helpful and a definite performance booster.

YMMV, but I have no real complaints.

I love this addon. I'd been looking for something to show my real mana percentage. Keep up the good work.

i've been using this since 1.5 even with the occasional lua errors..

it's really good to be honest and it's definitely recommended to those mages who needs guidance in terms of rotation and mana control

Armory
    Less QQ More PewPew, The Golden Rule...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angayelle View Post
    it's the mana percentage which is disappearing right ? not the whole addon ?

if you wanna remove the %, for now you'll have to edit the lua file : go line 1130 or search for : function() if UnitIsDeadOrGhost("player") then return "0%" end return format("%.1f%%", UnitPower("player") / MMBregmanapool * 100) end then replace by function() if UnitIsDeadOrGhost("player") then return "0%" end return format("%.1f", UnitPower("player") / MMBregmanapool * 100) end
    yes, it was only the mana percentage that went missing, not the whole addon, I just turned the mana bar back on and made it invisible to make it work properly, thanks!

hmm, now it seems like I can't get rid of the arcane torrent marker. I disable it, but every time I log in/reload my UI it's there again and the box is checked
    Last edited by mmocc2b371ec35; 2011-08-11 at 04:17 PM.