Normal firelamds statistics

so after viewing the front page stats of normal firelands

i did a little math to see of the characters reviewed, only 5% of the 2.7 million lvl 85's had cleared the firelands

now many are alts, and some ppl that have killed at firelands bosses did so on mulitple characters.

but it is quite evident in this sample, ppl are not beating the content. if they are it is at a slow pace.

this leads me to believe that the "OH WAH THIS GAME IS MADE FOR NOOBS AND CASUALS NOW" argument is invalid.

it's quite evident this game isn't that easy, and that nearly everyone is "bad"

if im reading these stats wrong please. tell me.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontest-Fan-Art

15+ Year Old Account
    I think many people really don't have that much of a interest in endgame to care to complete it. Numbers like that are as interesting to me as those claiming all the 900k that quit, did so because it was too hard.

I also wonder how many of my alts could have been counted within that. I level everything but my main to 85, then abbandon it. I have done one single raid on one single alt since Cataclysm. This is mostly US stats though, and I am EU. if my alts were counted, you could certainly exclude those again straight away. They won't see endgame, because I don't want to see endgame with them.

Not everyone PVE also most ppl I know have atlest 2 alts.

So unless only accounts are factored wich is impossible atm its hard to tell, but yeh numbers are a little lower the sample its quite high so isnt that.

If anything it just shows that Firelands isnt in any way a success

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    this leads me to believe that the "OH WAH THIS GAME IS MADE FOR NOOBS AND CASUALS NOW" argument is invalid.
    Well, since anyone who hasn't completed FL normal is considered a "noob" and/or "casual" by the folks that make the argument, and that accounts for a majority of the guilds that raid.......then the listed argument is actually valid

Anytime some states "noob" or "casual", you can just replace that with "majority of playerbase", and it will make it a true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, since anyone who hasn't completed FL normal is considered a "noob" and/or "casual" by the folks that make the argument, and that accounts for a majority of the guilds that raid.......then the listed argument is actually valid

Anytime some states "noob" or "casual", you can just replace that with "majority of playerbase", and it will make it a true statement.
    if the game was made for the majority of the playerbase, more than 5 percent would have beaten normal firelands

so after viewing the front page stats of normal firelands

i did a little math to see of the characters reviewed, only 5% of the 2.7 million lvl 85's had cleared the firelands

now many are alts, and some ppl that have killed at firelands bosses did so on mulitple characters.

but it is quite evident in this sample, ppl are not beating the content. if they are it is at a slow pace.

it's quite evident this game isn't that easy, and that nearly everyone is "bad"

if im reading these stats wrong please. tell me.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontest-Fan-Art
    I was wondering that too. When I saw that chart, I said "What? only 130,000 people are playing Firelands!? out of supposedly 11 million players!?

I mean, what the hell are the other 95% doing if they're not doing Firelands?

Seeing this, it really makes me wonder if Raiding is actually far less appealing that we even know! And again, makes me wonder why Blizz would then focus on raiding in the next patch with Raid Finder. Why encourage something with Raid Finder when players clearly aren't liking the very thing you're offering them?

I'm one of those 900k unsubscribers and I quitted because WoW is a game, and games get boring after playing them for more than 6 years, that's it. WoW is easy as pie, try EVE for a change, or go play Dark/Demon Souls on PS3.

Don't take statistics by their raw number. Only Blizzard have complete access to the numbers - mainly, how many accounts that have engaged in end-game PVE, and successfully killed Ragnaros. Or not.

In my old guild, out of 200 or so players, 150 were exclusively PVP'rs.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the misspelled title of this, I thought of this:

Beware the Fire Lamb!

if the game was made for the majority of the playerbase, more than 5 percent would have beaten normal firelands
    I meant "playerbase that raids" since I was refering to raid content.

Also, Blizz is obviously trying to get more people to raid via the LFR for 4.3. So they also see an issue with not enough people actually raiding (or raiding with any level of success). We'll see how it pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    When I saw the misspelled title of this, I thought of this:

(pic)

Beware the Fire Lamb!
    lol yea so did I, and btw, if FL is so hard, how are pugs able to down rag as well?

The Playerbase that really really really wana see Ragnaros by now should had done so, easly after nerfs.

Those that want epics handed to them have to wait for 4.3 and LFR

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of people that simply don't want to raid. The numbers mean nothing if all factors aren't considered.