Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardmar View Post
    Hello fellow Warriors.

It's my first post here, and from what I've read so far - I won't be able to provide you with direct links

So, this -eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Ardm%C3%A0r/simple - would be my char, a big fat panda with very poor DPS.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rncq4yk9g4by4v7y/sum/damageDone/ - the most recent log from my guild raiding ToT , and worldoflogs.com/reports/jl68wn7h4tsbzuuh/sum/damageDone/- some 5.1 raids farming.

As far as I'm concerned my gear should allow me to do more DPS than I'm doing right now. I've read plenty of forums regarding fury warriors, and this thread is my last chance of getting something done.

So my fights look like this:

The opener with a prepot + shout followed by a charge, using Bloodbath with the gloves enchant from Engi (both on one macro), then CS , BT (if I don't get an enrage proc i pop berserker rage), then I hit the Skull Banner with Recklessness, DR, Raging Blow, HS ( if I need to dump some rage)

The normal rotation in order of my priority would be using BT each 4,5secs for those Enrage chances and rage generation, then Raging Blows if I get enraged, then Wild Strikes on procs ( I use WS without procs as a filler between BTs).

And this is the part where it gets messy. After a nice burst after the opener I fall dramaticly in the meters. Really dunno why, I'm using BB+gloves each 1min cd, Recklessness each 1,5min (thanks to the bonus) and still no results. I tend to dump rage via HS in the 6sec CS debuff window. Rarely using HS without the CS debuff (I want to save as much rage as possible to spam HS in those 6secs).

As I get closer to Execute phase I try to save as much rage as possible to begin the burst with a CS and Executes.
    For this I save my CDs (Recklessnes + banner, BB + gloves, Berserker Rage if not proced by BT or CS).

For AOE I try to use Whirlwind (with the Raging Blow glyph) with BB when possible, DR , Bladestorm on some fights.
    Single target usage of BT for the Rage.

I guess that would be all in terms of describing my playstyle. If you were kind enough to point something I'm doing wrong, or certain areas on which I could improve, I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,
    Ardmar
    Start off by removing the recklesness glyph. Use bull rush or something that at least has a chance of being a DPS boost. You're also using Blood thirst way way too seldom. Our Council kill was 1 min slower than yours but in that time frame i did 29 more bloodthirsts. Basically keep track of it a bit better and make sure you get every BT off that you possibly can.

You should also not be using wild strike as a filler without procs, just pool the rage and leave an open GCD. You basically want to have a full ragebar going into every colossus smash so you can get 3 raging blows a BT and 4 heroic strike in during the window.

Your opener seems to be a bit off, a better way to do it would be:

1. prepot+shout
    2.Charge
    3. BT
    4. If enraged, pop bloodbath+banner and DR, otherwise zerk rage and bloodbath+banner+DR
    5. Recklesness+CS
    6. RB+hs+heroic leap
    7. BT+hs
    8. RB+hs
    9. RB+hs

Remove any HS that would make you not have enough rage to land an RB in the gcd.

The way you describe yourself doing it now wastes a GCD inside Csmash as DR doesn't gain anything from the CS window.

Deleted
    Hello Everyone

I have been having problems with my dps. Some fights I do well, Dorumu, Tortos, Magaera, Iro Qon and Twin consorts. And others I m lacking. most recent is Horridon HC.
    Here is the gear I have been using for the fights.
    eu.battle .net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ganfall/advanced

And here are some of the logs form the better/longer attempts
    worldofl ogs.com/reports/f34b3enqtf290wiz/analyze/dd/source/
    worldofl ogs.com/reports/xf4an4s09mzlnho7/analyze/dd/source/?s=7988&e=8430
    worldofl ogs.com/reports/xf4an4s09mzlnho7/analyze/dd/source/?s=5288&e=5624

(Not enough posts to link properly)

We have been told to keep horridon targeting to minimum because people don't focus the adds enough so we only target him during the no add parts
    My Raid leaders say I would do more with a better weapon. which i can agree on. But they also say i should be pulling more out of the gear I have at the moment.

To start with on pull I normally- Pre-pot, Charge, HL, CS, BT, MS(if enraged)/Shout+zerk-rage(if not).
    BB, DR(At the pull if I have got Ji kun proc I will wait till 10 stacks for DR if not I will use it sooner so it is back round for big pack of adds at first door).

I use SkullB just after pull because it is back round when I need it next. (2nd door, when two priests spawn for faster nuke)
    Reck I save for first door to kill the first wastewalker. after that i use when the main adds spawn each door.
    BB, DR I use when there are about 4+ adds on this fight.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks Ganfall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganfall View Post
    Hello Everyone

I have been having problems with my dps. Some fights I do well, Dorumu, Tortos, Magaera, Iro Qon and Twin consorts. And others I m lacking. most recent is Horridon HC.
    Here is the gear I have been using for the fights.
    eu.battle .net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ganfall/advanced

And here are some of the logs form the better/longer attempts
    worldofl ogs.com/reports/f34b3enqtf290wiz/analyze/dd/source/
    worldofl ogs.com/reports/xf4an4s09mzlnho7/analyze/dd/source/?s=7988&e=8430
    worldofl ogs.com/reports/xf4an4s09mzlnho7/analyze/dd/source/?s=5288&e=5624

(Not enough posts to link properly)

We have been told to keep horridon targeting to minimum because people don't focus the adds enough so we only target him during the no add parts
    My Raid leaders say I would do more with a better weapon. which i can agree on. But they also say i should be pulling more out of the gear I have at the moment.

To start with on pull I normally- Pre-pot, Charge, HL, CS, BT, MS(if enraged)/Shout+zerk-rage(if not).
    BB, DR(At the pull if I have got Ji kun proc I will wait till 10 stacks for DR if not I will use it sooner so it is back round for big pack of adds at first door).

I use SkullB just after pull because it is back round when I need it next. (2nd door, when two priests spawn for faster nuke)
    Reck I save for first door to kill the first wastewalker. after that i use when the main adds spawn each door.
    BB, DR I use when there are about 4+ adds on this fight.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks Ganfall
    You're not using bloodthirst nearly enough, use it on CD and you'll have more rage to play with as well as a bit more deep wounds damage. Other than that your Horridon play seems pretty solid, bear in mind that your biggest damage boost comes during the 200% bonus damage execute phase at the end on horridon and as SMF you can probably expect to be trailing a little bit before that.

Also, on the pull (and everywhere else in the fight) try to use heroic leap after the colossus smash rather than before it.

Not sure if the glyphs on your armory are what you use on Horridon but I'd recommend getting raging wind in there on horridon.

Deleted
    Hello

Thanks for the quick response. I will try to use BT more often.
    If this helps I have a fraps video on youtube of pull and first gate. If that helps in anyway.
    youtube .com/watch?v=yRfVASWUfnM&feature=youtu.be

Regarding Glyphs. yes I did use them on horridon.
    - I'm guessing you mean about the rude interruption glyph. I was at odds as well on what is better. 10% better raging blow or flat 5% increase on everything. I wasn't sure what got more damage out of it. Seeing as there are the dinomancers which I interrupt on every gate and also, Stonegazers on 1st, priests on 2nd and casters on 4th door.

Which would you say is better?

But I put in raging blow for Wednesday reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganfall View Post
    Hello

Thanks for the quick response. I will try to use BT more often.
    If this helps I have a fraps video on youtube of pull and first gate. If that helps in anyway.
    youtube .com/watch?v=yRfVASWUfnM&feature=youtu.be

Regarding Glyphs. yes I did use them on horridon.
    - I'm guessing you mean about the rude interruption glyph. I was at odds as well on what is better. 10% better raging blow or flat 5% increase on everything. I wasn't sure what got more damage out of it. Seeing as there are the dinomancers which I interrupt on every gate and also, Stonegazers on 1st, priests on 2nd and casters on 4th door.

Which would you say is better?

But I put in raging blow for Wednesday reset.
    I personally find raging wind preferable there since I have trouble keeping rude interruption up vs Horridon, however I guess it comes down to taste and whether you can get enough interrupts off.

Hello everyone! My name is Älec. ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%84lec/simple )

I recently joined a new guild and started raiding ToT25 with them but I feel inadequate, partially because I think i'm undergeared. I'm looking to see how I should be doing as compared to how I am doing in my current gear. Am I too low? Or is my DPS about right for my ilvl?

Here's a link to a log that was taken last night for our Iron Q kill.

( http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...=10321&e=10991 )

As you can see, i'm second to last on DPS excluding the Warlock who I believe died early on.

The only one that has a lower ilvl than myself is the Druid, Labordayqt (498 I believe). The others are higher than mine, Blueshastas and Stormshockers are only slightly above. I feel fairly confident in my rotation and my gear is proper (don't look at the gloves, got them last night but haven't fixed them up yet).

Also to note, I expect most ranged classes will have higher dmg as we used a stack technique that had me not DPSing for several seconds at a time in P1.

Thanks for any help you can offer
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

My fellow Warriors. I'm seeking your guidance. As with many other posters in this topic I feel like I should be doing more dps than I am. I see many of you guys doing crazy amounts of damage, and I'd like your advice. I'm still working on the legendary meta gem, so I'll leave that part out. I believe I have my gemming correct. Reforging should be right. I know I'm over hit, but that's a result of the two 2H weapons I'm lurking around with. I prefer SMF to TG, but everything I've read her tells me I'm better off using higher Ilevel weapons. I'll add this one last thing before I give you experts the information you need to set me in the right direction. Last night I picked up the 522 tier legs to replace my LFR ones.

Let's get started.

Here is my profile for your review: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cious/advanced

Here are my most recent logs:

Jin'Rok - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1096&e=1333
    Horridon - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2159&e=2776
    Tortos - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5671&e=6043
    Megaera - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4088&e=4552
    JiKun - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9817&e=10198

Addons I use: WeakAuras, ComEnergy (Two that I find most helpful for me.)

I linked a bunch of logs hoping it would make things easier for those looking. I don't feel like I am in a bad spot DPS wise, I just have a hunch I should be much better for my Ilevel. I'd genuinely appreciate any input you all have.

Thanks a ton to this community. You've all been extremely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    My fellow Warriors. I'm seeking your guidance. As with many other posters in this topic I feel like I should be doing more dps than I am. I see many of you guys doing crazy amounts of damage, and I'd like your advice. I'm still working on the legendary meta gem, so I'll leave that part out. I believe I have my gemming correct. Reforging should be right. I know I'm over hit, but that's a result of the two 2H weapons I'm lurking around with. I prefer SMF to TG, but everything I've read her tells me I'm better off using higher Ilevel weapons. I'll add this one last thing before I give you experts the information you need to set me in the right direction. Last night I picked up the 522 tier legs to replace my LFR ones.

Let's get started.

Here is my profile for your review: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cious/advanced

I linked a bunch of logs hoping it would make things easier for those looking. I don't feel like I am in a bad spot DPS wise, I just have a hunch I should be much better for my Ilevel. I'd genuinely appreciate any input you all have.

Only thing I can say is that when I was at your ilvl and below with a 504 weapon I went arms and pulled similar numbers and slightly higher on some fights. On some fights I didn't see too much difference between TG fury and arms and on some fights even I found it easier to pull higher numbers as arms (council for example). Once I got the 2 pc t15 bonus and 522 1h I switched to SMF. You may find you're in a similar boat and arms might be slightly better for you at this stage? I'm not sure but you could always sim it to be sure.

Only other thing I noticed that may help you squeeze out a little extra dps would be to make sure you take advantage of berserker stance for extra rage and pre-pot.i like glyph of rude interruption for fights where i'm interrupting stuff.

Anyway I'd say you're doing pretty well, once you get some 522 1hs and the legendary meta gem you'll notice a big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post

Let's get started.

Please remove the glyph of recklessness and put in something that will actually benefit you. Death from above is a pretty solid choice overall. Might even want to try colossus smash since your tank is letting sunder fall off on jin'rokh for example. Use shattering throw ~3sec after the first pool spawns will help you and your rogue a bit as well. It also seems like you're not pooling up rage properly for all of your Csmashes, the 2 csmashes between pools where you're barely breaking 100k dps stick out like a sore thumb. Make sure you're near 120 rage so you can drop 3RB+BT and 4 heroic strikes during a Csmash. You're also not using heroic leap in your Csmashes, only one used on a 4min fight where you should've used at least 5, more if you had glyph.

I'm also not seeing quite the spike I'd expect on execute at the end, are you going into execute phase with Csmash off cd and full rage pooled? Other than that you seem to be doing quite well, BT usage is nice for example, but there's a few things, like managing your abilities during every Csmash that you need a bit of work on.

I appreciate the feedback from you two. I am still working on my meta legendary. Hoping to have that soon. Adudu - I did forget that that night neither of the tanks were putting up sunder armor. I do normally switch to CS glyph when that happens. I just forgot that night. As far as dropping the Reck glyph and switching to DFA. Since they took away the increased damage part of DFA I didn't think the glyph was all the exciting anymore. I was thinking the DPS would be higher with extended crit from my Reck glyph? You are correct about not always pooling my rage for CS window. I get so damn ansy sitting around for a GCD waiting for CS to come off CD that I start hitting stuff like HS. This week I will start being more patient for CS and fill that window.

You both gave me excellent tips and your input is very helpful.

Could either of you PM me your logs so I can make a comparison?
    Last edited by Crucious; 2013-05-07 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Spelling fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Please remove the glyph of recklessness and put in something that will actually benefit you. Death from above is a pretty solid choice overall. Might even want to try colossus smash since your tank is letting sunder fall off on jin'rokh for example. Use shattering throw ~3sec after the first pool spawns will help you and your rogue a bit as well. It also seems like you're not pooling up rage properly for all of your Csmashes, the 2 csmashes between pools where you're barely breaking 100k dps stick out like a sore thumb. Make sure you're near 120 rage so you can drop 3RB+BT and 4 heroic strikes during a Csmash. You're also not using heroic leap in your Csmashes, only one used on a 4min fight where you should've used at least 5, more if you had glyph.

I'm also not seeing quite the spike I'd expect on execute at the end, are you going into execute phase with Csmash off cd and full rage pooled? Other than that you seem to be doing quite well, BT usage is nice for example, but there's a few things, like managing your abilities during every Csmash that you need a bit of work on.
    Shattering Throw isn't worth using as a raid DPS increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Shattering Throw isn't worth using as a raid DPS increase.
    Since when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when?
    Since always. IIRC the math was it was a .01% DPS increase in 25m with a heavy melee/physical damage comp. It still has uses just not for the DPS gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Since always. IIRC the math was it was a .01% DPS increase in 25m with a heavy melee/physical damage comp. It still has uses just not for the DPS gain.
    That sounds really low, feels like losing 1 gcd on a war should be beatable by 10 sec of -20% armor for all physical, but I may be wrong. Still useful for breaking the shield on spirit kings though like you said!

That sounds really low, feels like losing 1 gcd on a war should be beatable by 10 sec of -20% armor for all physical, but I may be wrong. Still useful for breaking the shield on spirit kings though like you said!
    It's a 1.5 second cast time modified by haste. You're losing a full GCD + latency, plus it interrupts your melee swings which is your highest damage source by far (except execute in rare cases). Got to be careful on spirit kings though, since it does damage, it still procs the shield, and then removes the debuff.
    Last edited by Sagittary; 2013-05-08 at 06:04 PM. Reason: a word
    Ex top 20 world Warrior. Now casual.

Thanks in advance for any feedback provided. I've been generally unhappy with my DPS lately, in part because the other DPSers in my guild are kicking some serious ass, and I'm looking to improve over what I'm already doing and/or fix any glaring issues I'm just not seeing myself.

Armor Link
    us battle net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Daergar/advanced

World of Logs
    Last night's Heroic Jin'Rokh kill
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-xoa0gpxrdzxu61vw/sum/damageDone/?s=1690&e=1956
    (I'm aware part of my lower DPS is my activity %. I was more concerned with living through the lightning ball phases than I was DPSing the boss)

WoL Guild link
    worldoflogs com/guilds/225949/

I'm fairly confident in my opener and overall rotation, but just for review

Opener
    Pre-pot / Shout / Charge+Leap > Bloodthirst > 2 GCDs for Feather stacks OR 3 Wild Strikes if proc > Banner/Bloodbath/Synapse Springs/Dragon's Roar > Recklessness/Colossus Smash > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Raging Blow

Rotation
    Colossus Smash > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > (Berzerker Rage if necessary) Raging Blow

During CS cooldown, use Bloodthirst on CD, WS on proc, HS to keep from rage capping. Use RB when possible while pooling rage and RB stacks for next CS rotation

Bloodbath/Dragon's Roar question
    After the opener, I generally use BB/DR on cooldown while still aligning them with a CS rotation (BB/DR before CS, as DR doesn't benefit from CS debuff). However I don't try to line them up with trinkets. How much of a delay is acceptable when trying to wait for trinkets to proc?

General questions
    I just picked up the Uroe on Monday night, so older logs are with Greatsword in MH, and Uroe (502) in OH. I'm currently using Feathers and Shado-Pan Assault trinket, but have Talisman of Rage (522) and Gaze of the Twins (522). SimCraft shows me best off using Feathers/Gaze, but the difference is pretty small. I believe Feathers/Rage will come out ahead when I get 4-piece. Is 4-piece using two 502s worth dropping 2-piece of 496/500 T14? Ultimately I'm just at a loss as to what I can do to eek out the damage I think I should be doing.

(Sorry, still can't post links)

I'm in general looking to find out why our Fury warrior is considerably lower than where he could be on every fight.

World of Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/36207/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zadin/advanced

I know for a while his gear was lacking, but now he's caught up a bit... so still trying to figure out what he's doing (or not doing) to cause the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm in general looking to find out why our Fury warrior is considerably lower than where he could be on every fight.

World of Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/36207/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zadin/advanced

I know for a while his gear was lacking, but now he's caught up a bit... so still trying to figure out what he's doing (or not doing) to cause the issue.
    Looking at the Horridon fight, he performed 78 BTs during a 12min fight. That is an average of 1 BT every 9.2sec, whereas its cooldown is 4.5 sec and it should in almost all cases be used on CD. Doing LESS than HALF the available Bloodthirsts speaks to some serious issues with the rotation, and will SEVERELY hamper enrage uptime and raging blow procs. His enrage uptime being 54% is another testament to this, with that crit rate and the trinket it should be more like 80%. Similarly 15 Colossus smashes in 12 minutes is also less than half of what is available in a 12 minute fight. Col Smash is our burst window and not utilizing it properly, or worse, not using it at all, is a big dps loss. Now obviously on a fight like horridon hc there will be times when you want to delay CS, time you are not attacking, time you have to push back your dino etc etc, but it should not make you do less than 50% of the available uses of two of your most crucial dps abilities.

TLDR logs show signs of fundamental problems with the basic rotation. Im not savvy enough with WoL to check if he is pooling and dumping rage properly but with such a sloppy rotation I have my doubts. It's also worth mentioning he got EXTREMELY lucky with crits during Execute phase, having 11 crit and 1 hit, which actually makes his dps higher than it would be on average given that ability input.

P.S looked at your council log and notice he only used Dragon Roar twice in a 5min fight, that could even be once if hit hit two targets in the beginning of the fight when Malakk and Sul are usually tanked together. From what I can gather it looks like he has no control over his CDs and keep forgetting to press fundamental rotation abilities. Also only used SKull banner and reck twice on 12min horridon, well I don't think I have to mention more stuff now, you get the picture.

Thanks in advance for any feedback provided. I've been generally unhappy with my DPS lately, in part because the other DPSers in my guild are kicking some serious ass, and I'm looking to improve over what I'm already doing and/or fix any glaring issues I'm just not seeing myself.

Armor Link
    us battle net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Daergar/advanced

World of Logs
    Last night's Heroic Jin'Rokh kill
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-xoa0gpxrdzxu61vw/sum/damageDone/?s=1690&e=1956
    (I'm aware part of my lower DPS is my activity %. I was more concerned with living through the lightning ball phases than I was DPSing the boss)

WoL Guild link
    worldoflogs com/guilds/225949/

I'm fairly confident in my opener and overall rotation, but just for review

Opener
    Pre-pot / Shout / Charge+Leap > Bloodthirst > 2 GCDs for Feather stacks OR 3 Wild Strikes if proc > Banner/Bloodbath/Synapse Springs/Dragon's Roar > Recklessness/Colossus Smash > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Raging Blow

Rotation
    Colossus Smash > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > (Berzerker Rage if necessary) Raging Blow

During CS cooldown, use Bloodthirst on CD, WS on proc, HS to keep from rage capping. Use RB when possible while pooling rage and RB stacks for next CS rotation

Bloodbath/Dragon's Roar question
    After the opener, I generally use BB/DR on cooldown while still aligning them with a CS rotation (BB/DR before CS, as DR doesn't benefit from CS debuff). However I don't try to line them up with trinkets. How much of a delay is acceptable when trying to wait for trinkets to proc?

General questions
    I just picked up the Uroe on Monday night, so older logs are with Greatsword in MH, and Uroe (502) in OH. I'm currently using Feathers and Shado-Pan Assault trinket, but have Talisman of Rage (522) and Gaze of the Twins (522). SimCraft shows me best off using Feathers/Gaze, but the difference is pretty small. I believe Feathers/Rage will come out ahead when I get 4-piece. Is 4-piece using two 502s worth dropping 2-piece of 496/500 T14? Ultimately I'm just at a loss as to what I can do to eek out the damage I think I should be doing.

(Sorry, still can't post links)
    You seem to have the fundamentals all in order, don't use Leap when charging tho, use it inbetween GCDs during CS. Since you have feather you could try doing Dragon Roar at the end of your CD window instead of at the start as is standard. The extra 15k str or so will make it hit significantly harder(I dont have feather myself so haven't tested first hand). In general your damage doesn't seem low for your gear level. Remember 2handers do a bit less dps on single target, and you don't have 4piece yet either. In any case don't fret cause you can't keep up with a rogue, they are simply stronger than us at the moment, especially when you don't have heroic weapons. If you execute your rotation the way you have described in your post you should be doing dps close to your realistic max. Ofc there are always small tweaks you can do fight to fight and just work on optimizing your rage pooling etc.

As for delaying CDs to sync with trinkets, it should be a dps increase as long as you don't delay so much that you lose out on a potential extra use, i.e 1min over the course of a fight for BB/DR.
    Last edited by Mataru; 2013-05-09 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
    It's a 1.5 second cast time modified by haste. You're losing a full GCD + latency, plus it interrupts your melee swings which is your highest damage source by far (except execute in rare cases). Got to be careful on spirit kings though, since it does damage, it still procs the shield, and then removes the debuff.
    Not to mention the rage cost.

Deleted
    Hi guys, would love if people could give me a shove in the right direction, Ive been doing what I feel is particularly poorly recently, I feel could do with a couple of pointers to help me tighten up my play.

Here are my guilds logs from last night, my armory is in my signature.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tg2qazocsme378gw/

Thanks very much.