Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Please help me be IMBA again...

Hi there. I havent raided in a long time and since I started raiding again in MOP I just cant seem to pump out decent numbers like I used to. I have tried Fury and Arms (Arms being my favourite) and I have checked various sources for guides on rotation, glyphing, enchanting, reforging etc. Also tried out Askmrrobot and now I am left hopeless. My Chars name is Goregaz, EU Horde, Twilight's Hammer.

Please help me with any advice for what I am doing wrong regarding rotation and gear. I have put my World of Logs link below:

worldoflogs.com/reports/jspmr1ymu8jbkq2s/details/46/?enc=bosses&boss=66791
    Much appreciated!!

Sorry I havent linked my world of logs properly but I am new to this forum so I wasnt allowed to link anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fang83 View Post
    Hi there. I havent raided in a long time and since I started raiding again in MOP I just cant seem to pump out decent numbers like I used to. I have tried Fury and Arms (Arms being my favourite) and I have checked various sources for guides on rotation, glyphing, enchanting, reforging etc. Also tried out Askmrrobot and now I am left hopeless. My Chars name is Goregaz, EU Horde, Twilight's Hammer.

Please help me with any advice for what I am doing wrong regarding rotation and gear. I have put my World of Logs link below:

worldoflogs.com/reports/jspmr1ymu8jbkq2s/details/46/?enc=bosses&boss=66791
    Much appreciated!!

Sorry I havent linked my world of logs properly but I am new to this forum so I wasnt allowed to link anything.
    Starting with the Obvious:

You did 41 Mortal Strikes when on Patchwerk you should have done 96 which is at least 80 on Vizier.
    This in turn means that you missed about 40 overpowers as well.
    3 Heroic Leaps out of 9 (8)
    23 Colossus Smash which would be fine if you were fury but as arms its not enough.
    You shouldnt use storm bolt and if you, do it more often

To sum it up, look up your rotation and try to do it ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Wind lord solo tank... need more dmg

moved to prot guide
    Last edited by Odina; 2013-01-10 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Starting with the Obvious:

You did 41 Mortal Strikes when on Patchwerk you should have done 96 which is at least 80 on Vizier.
    This in turn means that you missed about 40 overpowers as well.
    3 Heroic Leaps out of 9 (8)
    23 Colossus Smash which would be fine if you were fury but as arms its not enough.
    You shouldnt use storm bolt and if you, do it more often

To sum it up, look up your rotation and try to do it ^^
    To add to this, use bloodbath instead of SB, time it to occur at the same time as Dragon Roar, and immediatly follow up w/ a CS into normal combo, fitting in HS as allowed by rage.

Also, CS uptime should be ~40% as arms.

Quote Originally Posted by samzan View Post
    Hi guys,

I'll like to enquire some help on analyzing my guild's DPS warrs rotations or mistakes etc. Please kindly advice.

FYI ignore Zips as his an alt. Thanks!

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Thimo/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Kuzarin/advanced

Spirit Kings 10N:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jy1ixzawy34i74ev/sum/damageDone/?s=3390&e=3764

Imperial Vizier: (btw this fight we're stacking behind the tank so there'll be parries etc)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jy1ixzawy34i74ev/sum/damageDone/?s=3390&e=3764

Imperial Vizier(previous weeks): normal strat kill
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3unm4mpgb5ej1i84/sum/damageDone/?s=8263&e=8645

TOES 10N (last night):
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qqj2cu2m033qbq2u/

Cheers

Samz
    Hi guys would like to get some insights on the above.

Cheers

Samz

samzan

Your warriors have too many errors to list. I really don't mean to sound like a jerk, but plain and simple: they have no idea what they are doing. Considering their gear (especially their weapons and trinkets, I wish my guild had half as much luck as you guys do with warrior gear) their numbers are waaaay below what they are capable of.

Take Kuzarin's armory. He's missing BS sockets (O_O) and isn't gemming pure crit. He has normal shinka, but no dancing steel. I know that enchant is expensive but ideally he may stay with that weapon until you guys kill heroic sha of fear!!!!! Thimo's armory is at least more coherent with gemming / chanting, but then I look at one of your normal feng kills (I like this fight better because it's a bit more static) and his DPS is lower than the tank's at 31K with 99.5% uptime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never pulled that low, even at that gear level and with a hell of a lot worse weapons.

Basically what I'm getting at is that they have done ZERO of their dps homework. I could sit here and tell you why many things are wrong in their logs, but I think time is better spent with them actually learning how to play their spec. For example, MMO has a great guide to start with in the sticky of the warrior forums, and many very talent warriors there comment and discuss about everything imaginable in the fury spec. I think time analyzing logs is better spent once you have at least an idea of how to play.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:15 PM ----------

Hey Zergall,

I was looking at your H Feng fight and noticed that your opener could be better. In the previous page I posted a good opening macro to start with but you want to be doing something like this:

BT --- Dragon Roar + BB + Skull Banner --- Recklessness w CS --- RB --- BT --- RB --- RB. With HS during CS window.

This is very high burst and very good.

Another thing I think would help you a lot is if you were to take a look at your BT usage. You're not being efficient with it. Go to the log browser in your logs and just check for "spell cast" for you only. Then Control + F "Bloodthirst" and notice your timings. You should be hitting BT off CD religiously (4.5 secs) and sometimes you do, but a lot of the times you don't. I think if you were able to improve upon this your dps would improve.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Hey s0vrn thanks for the input. For Thimo case i believe he was OT for our feng kill hence the dps.

Cheers

Samz

I'm sorry that was a pretty big oversight on my part; it's late what can I say.

So I stuck with spirit kings parse and took a better look at Thimo in particular and I can point some things out:

1) Opener is not very good. Again just look at my previous posts these last pages for a very simple macro that gives a lot of burst.
    2) There are large lapses of time between BT. Sometime he hits it right, but the majority of times from one BT to another it is well over 4.5 seconds.
    3) He's got to fit more Raging blows along with Heroic strikes within CS debuff. The reason why he's probably low is because there are not enough RB charges due to lack of BTs.
    4) His boss uptime is 92%, which is not very good but understandable since its spirit kings and sometimes you gotta move around. But obviously, the less time you spend whacking the boss, the less rage, the less melee dmg etc...
    5) 0 heroic leaps. It's a rage free spell and is off GCD, basically its free dmg and should always be used - ideally within CS debuff.

Again, I think it's really important to read up about the basics. Particularly how to manage your rage while CS is on cool down and the ideal spells you want to be casting during the CS debuff. Fury is a very difficult spec imo and requires you to know the basics well because it demands split second decision making.

Cheers, samzan

Quote Originally Posted by sOvrn View Post
    He's missing BS sockets (O_O) and isn't gemming pure crit.
    While gemming crit is generally preferable and should be done to a large extent, all socket bonuses should not be ignored if e.g. the the socket bonus is a decent amount of strength, you need to take into account the stats weights and compare 80 str + socket bonus to the 160 crit you miss from not doing pure crit. In this case the str/crit gem on his chest provides a total of 200 str with the socket bonus compared to the potential 160 crit from a pure crit gem. Likewise doing a pure crit gem in his helmet would be plain stupid since that would loose a 180 crit socket bonus.
    Last edited by Delath; 2013-01-11 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Typos

Just looking for any tips of improving my DPS overall. I'm ilvl 483. Any tips on rotation, or better execution would be great. Thanks
    armory: battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Darkroman/advanced

Imperial Vizier Zor'Lok: worldoflogs.com/reports/l5wop0rh18qmqhi8/sum/damageDone/?s=1281&e=1657

Spirit Kings: worldoflogs.com/reports/l5wop0rh18qmqhi8/sum/damageDone/?s=4453&e=4865

Elegon: worldoflogs.com/reports/5fvnr68tp0g5jhdh/sum/damageDone/?s=2381&e=2922

Bah, still can't post links. Sorry
    Last edited by Darkroman; 2013-01-11 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
    Just looking for any tips of improving my DPS overall. I'm ilvl 483. Any tips on rotation, or better execution would be great. Thanks
    armory: battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Darkroman/advanced
    Great you found the sticky.
    Now browse all the way to the first page and read it.
    "Don't just throw up links to your armory or logs and expect somebody to dig through it. Explain what you're not satisfied with, what you want to become better at and/or tell us when you think you're lacking. "

Thirds the charm ??
    I'll give you a freebie, execute, look into it.

Hey Zergall,

I was looking at your H Feng fight and noticed that your opener could be better. In the previous page I posted a good opening macro to start with but you want to be doing something like this:

BT --- Dragon Roar + BB + Skull Banner --- Recklessness w CS --- RB --- BT --- RB --- RB. With HS during CS window.

This is very high burst and very good.

Another thing I think would help you a lot is if you were to take a look at your BT usage. You're not being efficient with it. Go to the log browser in your logs and just check for "spell cast" for you only. Then Control + F "Bloodthirst" and notice your timings. You should be hitting BT off CD religiously (4.5 secs) and sometimes you do, but a lot of the times you don't. I think if you were able to improve upon this your dps would improve.

Hope this helps, cheers!
    Thanks a lot ! I'll definitively take a look at it and keep that in mind, makes sense since Enrage is tied so closely to BT crits.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Great you found the sticky.
    Now browse all the way to the first page and read it.
    "Don't just throw up links to your armory or logs and expect somebody to dig through it. Explain what you're not satisfied with, what you want to become better at and/or tell us when you think you're lacking. "

Thirds the charm ??
    I'll give you a freebie, execute, look into it.
    On heavy movement fights such as feng the accursed (logs I posted are when I went tank for that fight however), spirit kings, imperial vizier, I feel like I can do better DPS, also, I looked into execute. I found my error there - I was still doing BT even with CS up, rather than spamming execute while CS is up.

Also, with Will of the emperor, would it be best if I were the only one to DPS the strengths while the other DPS takes care of the rages and courages? Instead of doing the "courage > strength > rage" basic strategy?

The Story: My guild isn't a particularly amazing guild, more of a ragtag group that's trying to whip itself into shape. We started raiding as a group three weeks ago and have actually managed to get a little better every time. A lot of work is needed but we're making attempts and making progress and so I feel it's worth trying to activly get our people to improve. This brings us to our Warrior. The problem with our warrior is he's inconsistant at best and kinda...lack luster at worst. There are a lot of times when he's just hovering above tanks and behind people with worse gear. He seems to have an idea of what's up (Gemming for crit, which I hear is good) and the gear is far from awful but he doesn't seem to be where his class should be dps wise.

He is far from the only issue and other things (healing and other dps) are being addressed but Warrior is one of two classes I've never gotten past twenty (the other being mage) so I'm really at a loss for what to say to help. I look at the log and superfically I guess it seems okay (seems to have the right attacks on there) but I can't give it the critical eye it needs. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just to say 'He's fine, work on the other guys.

The Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stizzle/simple

The Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9t...8/?s=101&e=472 10m Elegon, normal. Not a kill so no Execute damage, which may be skewing him low?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nv...?s=1216&e=1678 10m Stone, Normal

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nv...?s=8311&e=8859 Spirit Kings, Normal

Hey Achyra,

I only looked a the Feng kill. It's a much better fight to look at logs, imo.

1) His Bloodthirst usage is not good. It's pretty much always mandatory to hit BT every 4.5 seconds.
    2) Dragon Roar and Bloodbath is much, much better than Bladestorm and Avatar. The only fight I can think of where Bladestorm may be better is... Wind lord, may be Empress? But DR and BB will just about always give you more deeps.
    3) His glyphs are wrong. It's pretty much mandatory to get Unending rage (or whatever it's called, +20 to max rage) and heroic leap glyph. Since you don't have warrior tank, glyph of CS is probably fine.
    4) He doesn't use heroic leap... it's free damage. there's no reason not to use it.
    5) He pretty much doesn't have an opener besides casting recklessness. Openers are good; I posted my macro previous page.
    6) He does not use the CS windows appropriately.

Basically, your warrior has to do his dps homework and learn how the spec is played.

Hey Achyra,

1) His Bloodthirst usage is not good. It's pretty much always mandatory to hit BT every 4.5 seconds.
    2) Dragon Roar and Bloodbath is much, much better than Bladestorm and Avatar. The only fight I can think of where Bladestorm may be better is... Wind lord, may be Empress? But DR and BB will just about always give you more deeps.
    3) His glyphs are wrong. It's pretty much mandatory to get Unending rage (or whatever it's called, +20 to max rage) and heroic leap glyph. Since you don't have warrior tank, glyph of CS is probably fine.
    4) He doesn't use heroic leap... it's free damage. there's no reason not to use it.
    5) He pretty much doesn't have an opener besides casting recklessness. Openers are good; I posted my macro previous page.

Basically, your warrior has to do his dps homework and learn how the spec is played.
    Also hes a space goat, which may be good for dps but if you dont want to log in because you look terrible he wont ever live up to his potential !

10+ Year Old Account

Meh rankings/decreasing rankings/ in-guild DPS "ranking"

Over the past few week on certain fights I have been going down a lot from where I used to be. I don't know what the biggest contributor is - playing my DK way too much and getting rusty, not paying enough attention to farm fights, or doing more utility oriented specs for fights like Empress N and Feng H (5% wipe because people herp the derp 15 min before raid end time). I've also been eating the floor more than I should, most of the time my fault, sometimes not my fault, like on the last Bladelord 10 kill (didn't get healed because healers didn't leave the platform early = gg).

I have had our Hpriest say it's better to do utility but my GM said I should focus more on DPS, and while I'm not about to be kicked or sat, I was just wondering how I could balance utility and DPS/good rankings. On our first Stoneguard H kill our lock ranked with no Heroic gear whatsoever and our DK got 92% of limit, but I'm pretty sure he was tunneling the boss and never or almost never painting, while I didn't attack boss until almost everything was painted. I took Shockwave on Shek'zeer because one of our tanks is pretty squishy as well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...gge6/rankinfo/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...rqm2/rankinfo/
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/sargeras/wrathslash/

Under 10 normal. I'm also starting to get outgeared a bit, our DK has 4 set and I only have 2 set. I haven't looked at the logs in depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Hey Achyra,

Thank you so much for your help. Sorry for not linking the Feng log, wasn't sure which would be the best for analysis. I'm gonna run this all by the Warrior as soon as he gets on, hopefully work some of the kinks out before we throw our bodies at that dragon again tonight. I'll ask him to take a more in-depth look at the spec over the next week; I wasn't aware he was missing so much.

Also hes a space goat, which may be good for dps but if you dont want to log in because you look terrible he wont ever live up to his potential !
    It could be this as well. I mean, if I was a male space goat I'd never log in.

That's not even half the problem! He chose the alliance man

So ya reconsider faction and race :P

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I am posting for a Warrior on my raid (because he doesn't speak/understand english well) and i would like to know if you see some improvements for him.

At the moment we are progressing on Normal mode and i'm sure he should be able to dps more (=40K at 483ilvl) so i'm asking your help to see if there are some mistakes in his rotation/gemming/enchanting/....

I'm not playing Warrior myself so if you could explain what is wrong in a simple way it would be very nice.

Here is some logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    And that's the armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...nsuel/advanced

Thank you !

PS : I've read the OP post but i dont know where else to post and ask for your help