Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I just don't get why i need change stufs on my memory like latency and etc to make the OC =s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    I just don't get why i need change stufs on my memory like latency and etc to make the OC =s
    What guide are YOU reading? You're not going to have to do that, since you're overclocking on sandy bridge. You overclock by editing multiplier value for CPU, don't need to worry about memory speeds =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I´m not gonna hijack your thread but I wanna ask this question since I don´t really want to make a new thread about it.

I tried OC my i5 2500k to 4.1Ghz, but for some reason it always goes back to stock settings for some reason and I don´t know why, so if anyone could possible know why, I would love to know the reason. I just change the multi to 41X, nothing else.

MB: Gigabyte P67A - UD4 -B3
    i5 2500k
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

1. Approximately 50% of CPUs can go up to 4.4~4.5 GHz
    2. Approximately 40% of CPUs can go up to 4.6~4.7 GHz
    3. Approximately 10% of CPUs can go up to 4.8~5 GHz (50+ multipliers are about 2% of this group)

Quick Note regarding Voltage Scaling – Internal binning of both D1 and D2 parts we discovered consistent voltage scaling patterns.
    1. For K series parts, the stock voltage supplied will allow for consistent overclocking generally up to a multiplier of 43x. There is potential for the multi to be raised to 44x depending on the load induced. This default voltage range be approx 1.240 to 1.260 under load.
    2. Increased range between 44 to 47x multipliers will generally require a voltage range between 1.30 to 1.375V with an LLC recommended setting of high to ultra high.
    3. Increasing the range between 48 to 50x multiplier will generally require a voltage range between 1.40 to 1.500 with a LLC recommended setting of ultra high.
    4. Increased range between 50 to 52 (52 generally considered peak max multiplier except for rare 54x parts) will generally require a CPU voltage range between 1.515 to 1.535V with LLC at Ultra High and potential fine adjustments to the CPU skew range.
    Read more here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...nd-Information Mind you this is my MOBO's guide, it has the info that you want.

So OCing to 4.3ghz will just require a X43 multi and it will be stable without any other adjustments as some other posters have already hinted at. Actually I have an H70 and i7 2600k and this is what I did, I am happy right now with the moderate OC to 43 knowing that it is stable... Not everyone's i7 will be capable of X48 or higher.