Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebauer33 View Post
    Hello, just switched from MM a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying the differences for Highmaul. My issue is my dps is still a bit low for what my gear is shown. my rotation is 100%, but I'd say generally when I'm pulling the numbers is around 90% effective (still working on it). The warcraft logs are from my guild's heroic run yesterday, and I'm always the utility player (moving for stacks, flamethrower, soaking, brand swapping etc). I've also talked to other hunters, fully food/raid buffed I'm at 10.97% Multistrike, and those hunters say thats pretty low and I need more. I have my enchants/prismatics as much as I can, the gear could have more, should I sacrifice some of my heroic pieces for the 660 pvp gear? In the logs you're gonna look for Eve if you click that link first.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 662
    Expectations: Bump my dps 2k-4k up.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Ëvé/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JnmYjXQcaNR2WZx6#fight=5

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
    What strikes me first is your low AS count. Also that you only had 5 TotH procs during the fight. I had last week 17. From what I can see following your focus in the resources tab, you need to fire off quite a lot more AS. At several points you are above 30 Focus and gaining more. Especially during Bloodlust you are capped a lot. This should never happen for you.

Then of course, as you point out yourself, MS is quite our favorite stat besides Agi as SV. As such, you should get a lot more than the 11% you have buffed. If PVP gear can give you a significant MS boost, then I would say use that untill you get items with more MS.

Last week with 664 ITL, I managed to pull 30,6k DPS on Butcher and did around 3 million dmg more than you. I would point out, that you have to be more effective in using your Focus. MS will likewise increase your by some margin DPS, but I think that you should be able to pull at least 2k more with better distribution of your focus.

Hope this helps a bit

GL with your future raiding.

Hello, just switched from MM a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying the differences for Highmaul. My issue is my dps is still a bit low for what my gear is shown. my rotation is 100%, but I'd say generally when I'm pulling the numbers is around 90% effective (still working on it). The warcraft logs are from my guild's heroic run yesterday, and I'm always the utility player (moving for stacks, flamethrower, soaking, brand swapping etc). I've also talked to other hunters, fully food/raid buffed I'm at 10.97% Multistrike, and those hunters say thats pretty low and I need more. I have my enchants/prismatics as much as I can, the gear could have more, should I sacrifice some of my heroic pieces for the 660 pvp gear? In the logs you're gonna look for Eve if you click that link first.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 662
    Expectations: Bump my dps 2k-4k up.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Ëvé/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JnmYjXQcaNR2WZx6#fight=5

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

your problem is not the lack of multi-strike on your gear, it's everything else you're doing. You should take focusing shot as it's superior to lone wolf especially for a fight like Butcher where you are barely moving at all. You need to be dumping all that focus you're sitting on for some unknown reason. Also 92% uptime on serpent sting for Butcher is very low, once it's applied it should never drop off for the entirety of the fight. Also you could be using +50MS gems over your +35 but that won't fix you, just help a little bit.

the player in your raid bigbootyhooe could help you out, they seem to know what they are doing and outDPSed you at 20 item levels lower.
    Last edited by Jgrizz; 2015-01-24 at 11:07 PM.

I saw that when i was comparing the logs. I had a significant lower amount of AS than others. Like I said, I came from MM and focus starving was a big "no-no" because chim and aimed shots were so massively focus intensive. Anyway, would you say that i'm saving too much focus for no reason? use more TotH?

Or, do i have a low % uptime on cd's/ # important attacks? I'd love to know how inefficient my rotation is, if its awful (which generally looks pretty bad, from the comments), or if i just need to fine tune my TotH.

Thanks, Sharrin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrin View Post
    What strikes me first is your low AS count. Also that you only had 5 TotH procs during the fight. I had last week 17. From what I can see following your focus in the resources tab, you need to fire off quite a lot more AS. At several points you are above 30 Focus and gaining more. Especially during Bloodlust you are capped a lot. This should never happen for you.

Then of course, as you point out yourself, MS is quite our favorite stat besides Agi as SV. As such, you should get a lot more than the 11% you have buffed. If PVP gear can give you a significant MS boost, then I would say use that untill you get items with more MS.

Last week with 664 ITL, I managed to pull 30,6k DPS on Butcher and did around 3 million dmg more than you. I would point out, that you have to be more effective in using your Focus. MS will likewise increase your by some margin DPS, but I think that you should be able to pull at least 2k more with better distribution of your focus.

Hope this helps a bit

GL with your future raiding.
    Thank you very much for your input. just as Jgrizz pointed out, my AS is very low in count. Does TotH proc more if I use more AS? i thought it was any spell that used focus that would proc TotH. But I could be absolutely be wrong, haha.

And I have been looking into pvp gear. So thats definitely a solution I will following up

I will also ask my fellow hunter guildie about his dps (he uses EM and a pet, rather than Lone Wolf :O).

Thank you for the advice! Appreciate it

Hello everyone, I am looking for some of your opinions to see if I am doing things right. As I check daily world of logs I can see that MM hunter is top on damage/dps meters, but anyway now back to survival. I want to inform that beside CMA I can also use LDSC. But as I checked some forums about best in slot trinkets it shows that CMA mythically warforged is better than LDSC. What do you think? I have tried some of my own evaluation using them and came to conclusion CMA is better for me, also because of the Draenei racial.

Spec: Survival
    Item level: 675
    Expectations: guidance, hopefully, damage/dps increase
    Armory link:
    Warcraft Logs link:

Apparently because I am a long time lurker and never posted something I can post links, god! Anyway for anyone that want to help me out please PM so I can give the links. Much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping now it will work, the links.

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/Surry/advanced
    Warcraft Logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/1040518/6/#boss=1705

Deleted
    I saw that when i was comparing the logs. I had a significant lower amount of AS than others. Like I said, I came from MM and focus starving was a big "no-no" because chim and aimed shots were so massively focus intensive. Anyway, would you say that i'm saving too much focus for no reason? use more TotH?

Or, do i have a low % uptime on cd's/ # important attacks? I'd love to know how inefficient my rotation is, if its awful (which generally looks pretty bad, from the comments), or if i just need to fine tune my TotH.

Thanks, Sharrin

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much for your input. just as Jgrizz pointed out, my AS is very low in count. Does TotH proc more if I use more AS? i thought it was any spell that used focus that would proc TotH. But I could be absolutely be wrong, haha.

And I have been looking into pvp gear. So thats definitely a solution I will following up

I will also ask my fellow hunter guildie about his dps (he uses EM and a pet, rather than Lone Wolf :O).

Thank you for the advice! Appreciate it
    TotH procs the more Focus you spend. If you read the tooltip you will see that it is a percentage chance of every 10 focus spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    Just wanted to get some help, suggestions and such

Spec: SV
    Ilvl: 664
    Expect: Help on getting DPS up there and sustaining it during Heroics...
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dariian/simple
    WCL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6g41f6qa1a4kt2jr/
    Looking at your butcher kill

- low SS uptime 84%, should be 97%, basically shouldn't fall off in a fight where you barely move
    - low BA uptime
    - use focusing shot
    - you used multishot for some reason?
    - didn't use pots at all

At your ilvl, you should be closer to 28-29k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danielw1e View Post
    Hello everyone, I am looking for some of your opinions to see if I am doing things right. As I check daily world of logs I can see that MM hunter is top on damage/dps meters, but anyway now back to survival. I want to inform that beside CMA I can also use LDSC. But as I checked some forums about best in slot trinkets it shows that CMA mythically warforged is better than LDSC. What do you think? I have tried some of my own evaluation using them and came to conclusion CMA is better for me, also because of the Draenei racial.

Item level: 675
    Expectations: guidance, hopefully, damage/dps increase
    Armory link:
    Warcraft Logs link:

Apparently because I am a long time lurker and never posted something I can post links, god! Anyway for anyone that want to help me out please PM so I can give the links. Much appreciated!

Don't use Glaive Toss on Imperator, use Barrage.

You could squeeze a few more AMoC out by reseting it on the Abberations/Warmages.

World of Logs sucks balls.

Glaive Toss is the better option for Mar'gok progression.

I am honored, Azortharion, but can you give me your opinion on my gear level and spec is the damage/dps..somehow fair? And going as MM I would need an increase in gear to let's say at least 680?
    And last thing is I mananged 40.7k dps at mythical Kargath, my guild is still forming and te best we got from roar of the crowd buff was 70%.
    Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Ok so I am need of some clearification on some questions I have regarding serpent sting and its damage. Compared to many other hunters my damage from serpent sting is much much lower for some reason.

Armory link
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Fnisse/simple

I have a fellow guildmate, also hunter-surv. I will provide combat logs from a recent wipe in highmaul on imp, mostly because this fight had a huge difference in damage from serpent sting between us. The gap is usually not this big but still big.
    The only thing i can see is that he is firing off a lot more arcane shot at what it looks like the expense off explosive shot and keeping the black arrow up.
    I was under the impression from reading around on the net that i should always prioritize black arrow and explosive shot, firing off lock and load charges and keeping it on CD all the time.
    And that arcane shot is used mainly as a focus dump and or when ToTH is active or to keep the serpent sting from running out on the target.
    Looking at the look for the imperator we have the same serpent sting up-time on the boss (i even have a 4% higher uptime) still he gets around 1 million more total damage from serpent sting on the boss. I do not understand why? Please someone explain why and what to do about this.

HM Combat Log for me
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/tLfDr2BQg9AZJn84/#type=damage-done&source=136

HM Combat Log from my guildm8
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/tLfDr2BQg9AZJn84/#type=damage-done&source=140
    Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggels View Post
    Ok so I am need of some clearification on some questions I have regarding serpent sting and its damage. Compared to many other hunters my damage from serpent sting is much much lower for some reason.

Armory link
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Fnisse/simple

I have a fellow guildmate, also hunter-surv. I will provide combat logs from a recent wipe in highmaul on imp, mostly because this fight had a huge difference in damage from serpent sting between us. The gap is usually not this big but still big.
    The only thing i can see is that he is firing off a lot more arcane shot at what it looks like the expense off explosive shot and keeping the black arrow up.
    I was under the impression from reading around on the net that i should always prioritize black arrow and explosive shot, firing off lock and load charges and keeping it on CD all the time.
    And that arcane shot is used mainly as a focus dump and or when ToTH is active or to keep the serpent sting from running out on the target.
    Looking at the look for the imperator we have the same serpent sting up-time on the boss (i even have a 4% higher uptime) still he gets around 1 million more total damage from serpent sting on the boss. I do not understand why? Please someone explain why and what to do about this.

HM Combat Log for me
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/tLfDr2BQg9AZJn84/#type=damage-done&source=136

HM Combat Log from my guildm8
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/tLfDr2BQg9AZJn84/#type=damage-done&source=140
    Cheers !
    He shot 100 more arcane shots then you, when you shoot AS, it instantly ticks a SS hence more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    He shot 100 more arcane shots then you, when you shoot AS, it instantly ticks a SS hence more damage.
    Aha! But ok so should I cast more arcane shots at the expense of other CD skills or what? Im not capping my focus and casting cobra shot when the rest of the skills are on CD, dumping focus above 50-60ish with arcane shot or when ToTH is active. Only way to get more focus would be using focusing shot. Thus sacrificing the 30% damage buff. Ran it through simcraft but only get a lower DPS result no matter what rotation I try in there? Not sure what to do further to increase my dps.

Thanks for the rep

Item Level: 672
    Talents: PostHaste, Binding, Iron Hawk, ToTH, Crows, Glaive/Barrage, Focusing Shot
    Expectations: My uptimes are getting better since my last post but just asking for critques to pump out more dps.
    Armory Link: Armory is broke due to transfer, wowprogress.com/character/us/sargeras/Arrowsupinya
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/fL1HDraKmjdMkqpG#fight=1&type=summary

So I feel like my uptimes are getting better on most of the fights, I know on tectus I was a little lower. My question is on fights like Kargath and Butcher what are your recommendations for pumping out more dmg, I would think at my ilvl I would be pulling more than 31k on Kargath. I had almost 98% uptime on SS and almost 81% on black arrow with 52% uptime on explosive shot. I know my uptimes were a little lower on butcher and thats why my dps was lower. Just looking for overall suggestions to improve my playstyle and uptimes. I have been using WA which has been helping a lot to keep track of the uptimes and cooldowns.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggels View Post
    Aha! But ok so should I cast more arcane shots at the expense of other CD skills or what? Im not capping my focus and casting cobra shot when the rest of the skills are on CD, dumping focus above 50-60ish with arcane shot or when ToTH is active. Only way to get more focus would be using focusing shot. Thus sacrificing the 30% damage buff. Ran it through simcraft but only get a lower DPS result no matter what rotation I try in there? Not sure what to do further to increase my dps.

Thanks for the rep
    Use Focusing Shot, it's much better especially since LW doesn't affect SS damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsupinya View Post
    Item Level: 672
    Talents: PostHaste, Binding, Iron Hawk, ToTH, Crows, Glaive/Barrage, Focusing Shot
    Expectations: My uptimes are getting better since my last post but just asking for critques to pump out more dps.
    Armory Link: Armory is broke due to transfer, wowprogress.com/character/us/sargeras/Arrowsupinya
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/fL1HDraKmjdMkqpG#fight=1&type=summary

So I feel like my uptimes are getting better on most of the fights, I know on tectus I was a little lower. My question is on fights like Kargath and Butcher what are your recommendations for pumping out more dmg, I would think at my ilvl I would be pulling more than 31k on Kargath. I had almost 98% uptime on SS and almost 81% on black arrow with 52% uptime on explosive shot. I know my uptimes were a little lower on butcher and thats why my dps was lower. Just looking for overall suggestions to improve my playstyle and uptimes. I have been using WA which has been helping a lot to keep track of the uptimes and cooldowns.

Thanks
    You need to shoot more arcane shots but you got really unlucky with TOTH procs.

Do you see anything else I could be doing or does my rotation/uptime appear to be ok? Just need to work on dumping more into arcane shot I guess. I think it has been said but Glaive Toss is a dps loss in most cases right? I typically only use barrage on multiple target fights when I don't have anything else to spend focus on and don't have ToTH procs. What dps range should I be at with 672 any idea? Lately I hover around 30-32k on most fights.

Spec: Surv
    Item level: 670
    Expectations: nothing major, mainly looking for feedback if you can see any issues that stand out
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rexia/advanced
    Log (only for one boss sadly): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y4mZvV97pRfWJKQk

Note: I got my weekly lagspike and detonated a mine. Embarrassing. I also wish I had some more logs, but of course we forgot to log the rest this week.

Deleted
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 670 at the time of the log, 672 now, got necklace today
    Expectations: 3k+ more dps
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lfstone/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...G4xba/#boss=-2

20 wipes on Imperator HC and my dps is just too low for ilvl 670.
    I made this Hunter 9½ years ago, but havnt played Surv much. I prefer BM which i am a lot better at, but doesnt seem viable atm. Wish it was tho.
    I realize i havnt bought the best gems and enchants, they are so expensive on my realm.
    And i realize that i got some downtime during fight, from dealing with Arcane Wrath debuff, as we are doing the 2 hunter thing with them.
    Still my dps is too low.
    In attempt 18 you can see a pug hunter Nèó that had ilvl 670 too, doing 32k, while i am doing 20k. Yes i am doing debuff with Luciero, but still its 12k, same spec.
    Attempt 18: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=summary

I can see that i am getting way too little damage from Serpent Sting, but i feel like i have it up all the time. Somehow i must not be able to keep enough uptime on SS on all targets, i guess.
    Please help, its frustrating.

Nèó: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...8%C3%B3/simple
    Last edited by mmoc94e7273229; 2015-01-26 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy24 View Post
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 670 at the time of the log, 672 now, got necklace today
    Expectations: 3k+ more dps
    Armory Link:
    Warcraftlogs Link:

20 wipes on Imperator HC and my dps is just too low for ilvl 670.
    I made this Hunter 9½ years ago, but havnt played Surv much. I prefer BM which i am a lot better at, but doesnt seem viable atm. Wish it was tho.
    I realize i havnt bought the best gems and enchants, they are so expensive on my realm.
    And i realize that i got some downtime during fight, from dealing with Arcane Wrath debuff, as we are doing the 2 hunter thing with them.
    Still my dps is too low.
    In attempt 18 you can see a pug hunter Nèó that had ilvl 670 too, doing 32k, while i am doing 20k. Yes i am doing debuff with Luciero, but still its 12k, same spec.
    Attempt 18:

I can see that i am getting way too little damage from Serpent Sting, but i feel like i have it up all the time. Somehow i must not be able to keep enough uptime on SS on all targets, i guess.
    Please help, its frustrating.

Nèó:
    His uptime on SS = 98% and yours is 83%. Huuge difference. Even though you are dealing with Arcane Wrath, this you should not be an excuse.
    Your management of Focus is not good enough. Too many times you are capped at 100 or sitting close to. Especially with Cobra shot, then it should not happen. As a result, the other hunter did almost double your amount of Arcane Shots, and as I understand, each time Arcane Shot hits, its an instant tick of SS.

With your gear, you should match the other hunter on DPS. With 667 gear I can manage close to 30k on Mar'gok.

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links yet...

I have a general question- in the logs you have this "percentile" what does that exactly refer to? How can you influence that to go up?

Quote Originally Posted by TFD
    per·cen·tile (pər-sĕn′tīl′) Statisticsn.
    1. Any of the groups that result when a frequency distribution is divided into 100 groups of equal size.
    2. Any of the values that separate each of these groups.
    65th percentile = belonging to the top 35% of players, e.g. 65% of players scored below (or equal) to that DPS percentile.

Influencing it just means DPS'ing higher. 99th percentile is top 1%. 100th percentile (although not technically shown in WarcraftLogs) is rank 1.