Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dashmudtz View Post
    I wouldn't even make that as a recommendation. based off your post Scarletlion, you should just read Azor's guide. The weapon statement is true, but I am absolutely certain that is not your biggest issue. From the single sentence you wrote that showed actual class knowledge, it is evident that you don't have a firm grasp on MM to begin with. Seriously go read the guide, then worry about specifics.
    Yea I couldn't check the logs because of WCL site maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlion View Post
    Hello dear hunters. My main has been hunter over 3 years and i am really bound to my hunter, and this is bugging me a lot. I have problem with my dps and i need advices. I had a long break before 6.0 hit, it was something like a 6 months break and when i got back many things were changed.So, i was really behind on gear and progress, luckily i have a great guild and they run some raids to gear me up. And it happened so fast, i gained 44+ item level in 2 weeks and my gear kept being changed during that time. I know i don't have a decent gear stat-wise and i am missing a good weapon but i think i perform way under. I had 667 item level before tonight's raid and i got 674 item level after the raid. We run HC BRF and the thing is i could perform only 26k dps on Flamebender and performed really bad on Gruul.

Mostly i play mm and as far as i see i lack haste. Besides i have a item level 630 crafted weapon and sometimes i overcast steady shot and i use 200 agi flask not 250. (I can name those at least.) But still my dps should be higher than that. What do you think i am doing wrong and how much would it make difference if i had at least 670il weapon? At this point which spec do you suggest for me to play until i get decent stats? Thank you.
    Well your low iLvl weapon is what's really killing you. MM in particular is hurt by a weak weapon, more so than the other specs. Since a lot of the attacks are based off of your weapons damage. With a 670 weapon my aimed shots are hitting for an average of about 56k vs your 44k.

So getting that upgraded to something current should make a huge difference.

I looked at your Gruul fight because that is one with the simplest mechanics and not much in the way of movement.

You only used one potion on Gruul and that's a significant dps loss.

Powershot is pretty much the worst lv 90 talent at the moment. Glave Toss is what you want to use in a single target situation. This probably doesn't matter a great deal though.

Everything else looks pretty good, excellent uptime on Sniper Training. You are using all of your significant abilities on cooldown.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-02-19 at 07:33 PM.

Thankfully I came across this thread,
    I've been playing Hunter since the start of WoD and I like playing Survival the most, got recruited into a higher end raiding guild and I cant seem to pull the numbers that the other hunters are pulling. I strive not to stand in bad, and play the mechanics out and not pad the meters, even when I do try and pad the meters I'm no where close to them. I want to contribute to the guild by being a solid DPS'er who stays alive and pulls consistent DPS. I'm all over the place. Most of my logs say I have a 90%+ active time. I've reread Icy-veins and Azors guide I'm just not pulling the numbers I'd like to be with my current ilvl

Survival
    31k+ DPS:
    us. battle . net /wow /en/ character azgalor/ Bobbyshots/simple
    . warcraft logs .com/guilds/10450 the guild is LETS GO on Destromath

Our Main raid is Tuesday

Any advice at all will help immensely, first time posting I have to break up the website links with spaces
    Last edited by Bobbykolls; 2015-02-20 at 06:58 AM.

@Akainakali @dashmudtz @critsohard

I switched to SV and got the gun from HC Maidens. I enchanted ms instead of crit on weapon because of sv choice. Also I gave a look at Azor's guide. Hope to make a huge difference on future fights. Thank you all for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbykolls View Post
    Thankfully I came across this thread,
    I've been playing Hunter since the start of WoD and I like playing Survival the most, got recruited into a higher end raiding guild and I cant seem to pull the numbers that the other hunters are pulling. I strive not to stand in bad, and play the mechanics out and not pad the meters, even when I do try and pad the meters I'm no where close to them. I want to contribute to the guild by being a solid DPS'er who stays alive and pulls consistent DPS. I'm all over the place. Most of my logs say I have a 90%+ active time. I've reread Icy-veins and Azors guide I'm just not pulling the numbers I'd like to be with my current ilvl

Survival
    31k+ DPS:
    us. battle . net /wow /en/ character azgalor/ Bobbyshots/simple
    . warcraft logs .com/guilds/10450 the guild is LETS GO on Destromath

Our Main raid is Tuesday

Any advice at all will help immensely, first time posting I have to break up the website links with spaces
    It's really hard to judge cos you seem to be dead for half the kills this week >.< Sad to say but all 3 hunters in the guild are not performing up to par. For the kills that you did not die, like Beastlord, you used Multi Shot too little times. In my kill 40 seconds faster, I used Multi Shot 50% more times than your parse. Although my own Beastlord parse isn't great (I always feel bored as hell during that fight and lose concentration :P ) Your number 1 priority right now is to stay alive.

Out of 6 kills, you were only alive at the end of 2 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    It's really hard to judge cos you seem to be dead for half the kills this week >.< Sad to say but all 3 hunters in the guild are not performing up to par. For the kills that you did not die, like Beastlord, you used Multi Shot too little times. In my kill 40 seconds faster, I used Multi Shot 50% more times than your parse. Although my own Beastlord parse isn't great (I always feel bored as hell during that fight and lose concentration :P ) Your number 1 priority right now is to stay alive.

Out of 6 kills, you were only alive at the end of 2 of them.
    Noted thanks, I specifically try and save barrage right for the adds, and the ToTH procs for multi's during the phase I just cant seem to get an Focused Shot off after that mostly becuase of the adds are dying before my shots get off, should i switch to boss after to get focus back? I do have later parses

Noted thanks, I specifically try and save barrage right for the adds, and the ToTH procs for multi's during the phase I just cant seem to get an Focused Shot off after that mostly becuase of the adds are dying before my shots get off, should i switch to boss after to get focus back? I do have later parses
    Yes, I always switch to boss for Focusing Shot after the initial MD + Barrage + Multi to gain Focus, then Multi again for good measure. Should be all dead by then and go back to DPS on boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Trying out the dummy this morning with flask and multistrike food and Multistrike pet, i peak at 29 with prepot and then slowly drop down to around 25k~, I feel it should be higher and I'm just doing something fundamentally wrong

Trying out the dummy this morning with flask and multistrike food and Multistrike pet, i peak at 29 with prepot and then slowly drop down to around 25k~, I feel it should be higher and I'm just doing something fundamentally wrong
    Target dummies are there for practicing your rotation.

They aren't a good guide to what your dps will be in raid. Among other things, you're only bringing 1 buff vs 9 for a full group.

If you want to test things out in a more realistic, but also more forgiving environment, then run an LFR. You can also generate logs running one that you can use to check your performance for mistakes. Who knows you might get someone in there who's doing better than you are, that you can compare actions with.

Also your DPS is inescapably going to drop after your potion wears off. One does represent something close to a 25% increase in your primary stat and generally speaking trinkets will proc at the start of a combat. So once both of those wear off, your DPS is only going to drop.

Not to mention nobody serious about raiding is going to care what your peak DPS is, it's what you can deliver over the 3-5 minute length of the average boss fight that counts.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-02-20 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    Yes, I always switch to boss for Focusing Shot after the initial MD + Barrage + Multi to gain Focus, then Multi again for good measure. Should be all dead by then and go back to DPS on boss.
    I would actually amend this to Multi then Barrage, no reason not to get the extra ticks of SS during barrage.

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. Somehow, I do 4-5k less DPS than other hunters with comparable gear.
    The only difference I figured out so far, is that the other hunters always have the Multistrike-Trinket from the Butcher. (Hasn't dropped for me yet -.-)

Things I noticed:
    - Other hunters always have more Explosive Shots than me, but I blame that on the Multistrike-Trinket. According to wowhuntertools, this trinket will only make 500-1000dps more. But I can't really believe that.
    - The serpent sting from other hunters does a lot more damage. Up to 30% more. I can't figure out why, because this also happens on single-target-fights. (i.e. Gruul, link below). What am I missing?
    - I already showed my logfiles to another hunter (he's raiding mythic and is the class leader in his raid), and he said, my rotation seems to be okay.

Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 672
    Expectations:: 4-5k more DPS in every fight OR figure out why my DPS is lower than it should be and how I can fix that.

Profile:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...rne/carcharoth
    (Yeah i know, the gems and the enchant on the necklace are not the best ones. I'm changing that as soon as my jewelcrafter has the right gems. But I don't believe, that this will do 4-5k DPS more ;) Also, I'm upgrading the Inscription-Trinket as soon as my other char has enough Warpaint.)

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&boss=-3

Example of a fight where I don't get why I suck this much.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0
    If you compare Carcharoth and Drown, you see almost the same active time, but he has a lot more DPS but is only 10 iLvl higher than me. Also, his serpent sting does a lot more damage. He said, he has the same amount of mastery as I do.

Another example
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/14#v=0,d=0
    Again, Drown's Serpent Sting does 1 Million more damage than mine does, altough i was more active than he was. We also have the same uptime on serpent sting.

Gruul
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/1#v=0,d=0
    Weird serpent Sting again.

Thank you very much. And please, don't be to harsh, I've got nightmares about that sh*t already :/ (I wish I was kidding...)

Quote Originally Posted by carcharoth84 View Post
    Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. Somehow, I do 4-5k less DPS than other hunters with comparable gear.
    The only difference I figured out so far, is that the other hunters always have the Multistrike-Trinket from the Butcher. (Hasn't dropped for me yet -.-)

Things I noticed:
    - Other hunters always have more Explosive Shots than me, but I blame that on the Multistrike-Trinket. According to wowhuntertools, this trinket will only make 500-1000dps more. But I can't really believe that.
    - The serpent sting from other hunters does a lot more damage. Up to 30% more. I can't figure out why, because this also happens on single-target-fights. (i.e. Gruul, link below). What am I missing?
    - I already showed my logfiles to another hunter (he's raiding mythic and is the class leader in his raid), and he said, my rotation seems to be okay.

Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 672
    Expectations:: 4-5k more DPS in every fight OR figure out why my DPS is lower than it should be and how I can fix that.

Profile:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...rne/carcharoth
    (Yeah i know, the gems and the enchant on the necklace are not the best ones. I'm changing that as soon as my jewelcrafter has the right gems. But I don't believe, that this will do 4-5k DPS more Also, I'm upgrading the Inscription-Trinket as soon as my other char has enough Warpaint.)

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&boss=-3

Example of a fight where I don't get why I suck this much.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0
    If you compare Carcharoth and Drown, you see almost the same active time, but he has a lot more DPS but is only 10 iLvl higher than me. Also, his serpent sting does a lot more damage. He said, he has the same amount of mastery as I do.

Another example
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/14#v=0,d=0
    Again, Drown's Serpent Sting does 1 Million more damage than mine does, altough i was more active than he was. We also have the same uptime on serpent sting.

Gruul
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/1#v=0,d=0
    Weird serpent Sting again.

Thank you very much. And please, don't be to harsh, I've got nightmares about that sh*t already :/ (I wish I was kidding...)
    On ST fights, don't use Barrage, use more BA (should be 80%), you didn't use 2 agi potions, you missed a AMOC cast, you missed some ES casts.

The #1 hunter on your gruul kill double potted and has a lot more multistrike then you, hence why his SS does more damagedamage.

TBH, this is all easy stuff to fix, especially the double potting, if you aren't double potting this expac on every pull you are just being lazy (your herb garden can substain a very intensive raid schedule)

Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    On ST fights, don't use Barrage, use more BA (should be 80%), you didn't use 2 agi potions, you missed a AMOC cast, you missed some ES casts.

The #1 hunter on your gruul kill double potted and has a lot more multistrike then you, hence why his SS does more damagedamage.

TBH, this is all easy stuff to fix, especially the double potting, if you aren't double potting this expac on every pull you are just being lazy (your herb garden can substain a very intensive raid schedule)
    Thank you!

No Barrage on ST: Okay, I will change that. Thought that must be used too on ST-Fights as focusdump.
    Missed ES: This can happen during movement-intense fights or when I'm casting Focusing Shot. Is there an effective way to avoid that? I'm already hammering the button as soon as ES is ready. As I've read somewhere in this Forum, cancelling FS isn't recommended.
    Black Arrow&AMoC: I already installed the TellMeWhen-Addon to fix that. Seems like I'm still failing at this. I believe it's because I loose too much focus because of barrage. Or because I zone out or get tunnel vision.
    Potions: Is this really such a difference? So far i only potted if I really needed more DPS for those "nuke those last 10% away"-phases. I'll try to change that as Pots are much easier to get in WoD than they we're in all the addons before.
    Multistrike: I don't get how this is affecting SS. I always thought, only Mastery affects this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to repost my OP as I would really like to get some help with upping my DPS. ^^

I would love to have my logs reviewed and given recommendations as to what I can do to up my DPS. I'm currently sitting at 667 ilvl and am only doing 26k DPS ST on fights like Gruul and feel that I could be doing a lot better on AoE fights. My guild has another hunter with similar ilvl but there has been a 3-5k DPS difference between us. I'd like to help close that gap and figure out what I'm doing wrong. I play survival mainly, and am trying to get my secondary stats to where they need to be. I appreciate any and all help! (P.S. Please forgive the two sets of logs. We had two different people running them and one had to step out temporarily for certain bosses).

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...milon/advanced
    Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...JHnWfR#fight=3 & https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11
    Expectation: 30k+ DPS ST and better management of abilities on AoE encounters.

Again, thanks for all of the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomosk View Post
    I'd like to repost my OP as I would really like to get some help with upping my DPS.
    Very basic stuff, most of which could have been deduced from reading the guide. Such as don't use Glaive Toss single target(or ever). That would theoretically change with 6.1, but for now it isn't worth 15 focus. Don't use Explosive Trap single target. It can be used, but if used incorrectly it is not a dps gain. Use 2 pots, there is no reason not to.

Actually your shot priority is just way way off, especially when you have buffs/procs, which is a big drop in dps.

If you plan on playing Survival after 6.1; Read the guide, it will help - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Hunter-Guide

If you plan on switching specs after the class changes(Tuesday), Don't worry about it for now and focus on learning the new spec(still read the guide for the new spec as well).

Thank you!

No Barrage on ST: Okay, I will change that. Thought that must be used too on ST-Fights as focusdump.
    Missed ES: This can happen during movement-intense fights or when I'm casting Focusing Shot. Is there an effective way to avoid that? I'm already hammering the button as soon as ES is ready. As I've read somewhere in this Forum, cancelling FS isn't recommended.
    Black Arrow&AMoC: I already installed the TellMeWhen-Addon to fix that. Seems like I'm still failing at this. I believe it's because I loose too much focus because of barrage. Or because I zone out or get tunnel vision.
    Potions: Is this really such a difference? So far i only potted if I really needed more DPS for those "nuke those last 10% away"-phases. I'll try to change that as Pots are much easier to get in WoD than they we're in all the addons before.
    Multistrike: I don't get how this is affecting SS. I always thought, only Mastery affects this?
    There's an interaction with AS and MS multistrikes, where they also apply a full power tick of SS. More multistrike means more SS ticks, which becomes a very substantial part of your damage.

Deleted
    Ilvl 669-670
    Current logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4th9b1LVzamqkBH3

Expectation: I feel like I'm doing okay on ST fights as SV but I would want some general advice on how to perform even better on multiple target fights. I feel like my numbers are off there.

I will try out BM next week, might update logs then. Any general advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post
    There's an interaction with AS and MS multistrikes, where they also apply a full power tick of SS. More multistrike means more SS ticks, which becomes a very substantial part of your damage.
    I don't get it. SS should be always up anyway, so how can there be more SS ticks? Or does SS more damage, when activated trough an AS/MS-Proc?

I don't get it. SS should be always up anyway, so how can there be more SS ticks? Or does SS more damage, when activated trough an AS/MS-Proc?
    Normally if you hit a target with arcane shot, Serpent Sting is applied and will tick immediately and then every few seconds. It will look something like this -
    1Sec Arcane Shot hits for x damage
    1Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    4Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    7Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    10Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage

If you hit the same target with Arcane Shot again immediately, the new Serpent Sting will tick immediately and replace the old one. It would like like this -
    2Sec Arcane Shot hits for x damage
    2Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    5Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    8Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    11Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage

The great interaction with Multistrike is as follows. The Arcane Shot will multistrike and do a bit of extra damage, but the Serpent Stings are still applied at full value. It would look like this

2Sec Arcane Shot hits for x damage
    2Sec Arcane Shot Multistrikes for 30% of x damage
    2Sec Arcane Shot Multistrikes for 30% of x damage

5Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    8Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage
    11Sec Serpent Sting deals x damage

That entire bold section comes from a single Arcane Shot that multisrikes twice. You end up getting 3 full strength ticks out of serpent sting.

Now I get it. Thanks for the explanation =)