Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    I obviously agree that meme is easier/more forgiving to play, hence why I disagreed with your advice to switch to trickshot with the belt. Do you honestly think mid tier hunters who are barely raiding heroic have the necessary skillset/ability to switch to trickshot based play and still maintain the same level of dps and ability to do mechanics?
    A raider needs to be able to switch targets, have good burst on demand, be able to do mechanics on the move, and trickshot is poorly suited to do these things.

Also, you do realize that most MM hunters are withholding trueshot for when the bloods get pulled out right? Take a guess whether meme or trickshot loses more dps from withholding trueshot for so long. I guarantee that if both meme+belt and trickshot+belt were allowed to just go ham with trueshot, meme would pull far ahead.

Finally given the importance of burst aoe needed for the bloods and inquisitor adds, I believe that meme > trickshot for progression purposes.
    He's looking to improve, so while trick is harder, I felt it was better to suggest he learnt that.

He also isn't on progression. Meaning the add dmg, the target swapping, large movement. Won't really be a thing for him. It isn't common in heroic. Even when not overly geared as a team.

In his case, if he is a good player mechanically, trickshot is better to learn for farm, if he struggles a bit, then yeah meme build for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    He's looking to improve, so while trick is harder, I felt it was better to suggest he learnt that.

He also isn't on progression. Meaning the add dmg, the target swapping, large movement. Won't really be a thing for him. It isn't common in heroic. Even when not overly geared as a team.

In his case, if he is a good player mechanically, trickshot is better to learn for farm, if he struggles a bit, then yeah meme build for most.
    Yeah that's why I tell hunters who ask me what style to play to always start with meme until you are raiding mythic, then start learning how to play trickshot for the single target fights

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Yeah that's why I tell hunters who ask me what style to play to always start with meme until you are raiding mythic, then start learning how to play trickshot for the single target fights
    Actually i felt trick shot is way better build to play coz it feels so bad to use piercing while trueshot active and i don't really need movement for hc but thank you for advice.

- - - Updated - - -

On the link you posted, I can't actually see the dps meters. Might be private? So I went and had a look at your Krosus logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zCY7fb#fight=1

Quite a few of your aimed shots were hitting outside of vulnerable, whereas you want to be running patient sniper and making sure they hit in the last possible second. https://wago.io/Ny3qxN0SG This is a great weakaura for that, make sure you always start casting an aimed shot in the last white bar, as often as you can the second last too, or atleast close to it. A little sooner is ok as long as you always perfect the last one.

You cast 12/15 possible windbursts, not too bad but definitely could be improved. And you should be using Deadly Grace on ST fights. If your Crows comes up close to 20% (25% or maybe 30% if your raid dmg is high) hold onto crows and use it when the boss hits 20%, to speed up your bullseye stacks.

Stat wise, try to drop about 2k haste, and get mastery in place of it. A mast>crit ring would be great for this, possibly even crit>mast (sim it) because you're quite low on crit.

Yes Mastery>Crit but in some cases it is okay to lose mastery for crit, just make sure you sim before and after.

Most of your issue is just not critting enough and not playing around patient sniper/vulnerable well enough. Both easy fixes. If you fix up that stuff, put some new logs up and link me them I can take another look and see how else I can help.
    Guild raid starting after reset so i can't link anything atm gotta update soon.
    And thank you for weakaura after dummy test it helps a lot, about crit i felt same too specially with piercing it sucks while trueshot wasting 100 focus for only 2m dmg, gotta get some crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a quick glance, don't really have time to do more as I'm about to go out, but because you seem pretty keen on a response, just what I saw at a distance, you're running strange talents, on Augur/Krosus/Trilliax you should be True Aim/Patient Sniper/Crows/Trickshot

But then for heavy aoe like Botanist, Tich and Aluriel you should be LnL/Explosiveshot/Volley/Piercing.

The rest it's LnL/Explosive(this can be patient if you don't feel you'll get enough aoe dmg with it)/Volley/Piercing.

BUT, I also noticed you had the belt, so instead you should use that and go LnL/Patient/Volley/Trickshit on Botanist/Tich/Aluriel, do your rotation as normal but if you're going to hit 20 stacks with the belt, make sure you get an aimed shot off, so you don't go over.

Belt makes Trickshot > Piercing in nearly every situation, one where this isn't the case, would be Skorp. You want to stay Piercing+Explosive.
    Hunters do a huge amount of talent changing fight to fight, would be a great idea to read up on talents and what they do and where you should use each.
    After bit of dummy test pugged star for test. Here's the log pls tell me if there have something wrong
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Well that is a matter of opinion of course, personally i love using piercing shot after activating trueshot, since it often crits for 6m+ and if you can hit multiple vulnerable targets its GG. Feelsgood

Quote Originally Posted by aeonss View Post
    After bit of dummy test pugged star for test. Here's the log pls tell me if there have something wrong
    Similar deal, still need to clean up patient sniper, hit 60 focus, used marked shot, arcane shot, x2 aimed shots (on the last 2 white bars) or hit 40ish focus, windburst, arcanex2, aimed x2.

(That's in non-trueshot/lust)

10/13 possible windbursts, and a tiny bit of focus overflow, not a big issue, very minor but yeah. You did well, just need to improve patient sniper.

Similar deal, still need to clean up patient sniper, hit 60 focus, used marked shot, arcane shot, x2 aimed shots (on the last 2 white bars) or hit 40ish focus, windburst, arcanex2, aimed x2.

(That's in non-trueshot/lust)

10/13 possible windbursts, and a tiny bit of focus overflow, not a big issue, very minor but yeah. You did well, just need to improve patient sniper.
    Ok, thank you for reply gotta work on them , about windbursts seems like i'm dlying it 1-2 sec coz already had vulnerable on target maybe i should use it on cooldown

Ok, thank you for reply gotta work on them , about windbursts seems like i'm dlying it 1-2 sec coz already had vulnerable on target maybe i should use it on cooldown
    Nah just use it to reapply vulnerable, but make sure to use that over marked shot. You won't realistically get 13/13 every fight, you want to aim for at least 11/13, maybe 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsthx1138 View Post
    Spec BM
    Item Level 905
    Expectations: Get better DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntavinn/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...101580/latest/

My guild is progressing on Mythic and I would like to stop being a liability when it comes to DPSing. I tend to be at the bottom of the DPS meter and get sat for most progression kills unless we don't have enough DPS. My ultimate goal is really just to not be the first raider sat when it comes time for a progression fight.
    Does anyone have time to take a look at my logs to help?
    Thanks in advance!

BM
    Expectations: General overall increase in numbers.
    Armory Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...58722/latest/#
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cozzene/simple

Two things to note;
    001] I only recently switched talents to what icy-veins recommends. 100% my bad for not thinking "Hey, 7.2 could change stuff up, I should check out the talents."
    002] I do not have Mantle of Command, because RNG. I have no idea what impact that would have on my numbers.

Nah just use it to reapply vulnerable, but make sure to use that over marked shot. You won't realistically get 13/13 every fight, you want to aim for at least 11/13, maybe 12/13
    Thank you for your guidance on our last clear in hc somehow i dominated the chart even then some orange logs, still seeking for 100% any help would be great
    Here's our last hc clear log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...935063/latest/ (don't bother krosus log i failed so hard there )

Thank you for your guidance on our last clear in hc somehow i dominated the chart even then some orange logs, still seeking for 100% any help would be great
    Here's our last hc clear log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...935063/latest/ (don't bother krosus log i failed so hard there )
    Damn, I'm so impressed with the improvement since last time xD Very very nice man.

Non-rotation wise, try to replace that Chrono ASAP. https://puu.sh/vm50E/9a450ef3d0.png that's from the icyveins guide, and a list of better trinkets. Aim for better for sure. Shouldn't be too hard to improve on it.

If you can, try to aim for CoS/Arcway 2pc at a high enough ilvl to be an upgrade, (Sim them) but you have good alternatives so it isn't a huge drama.

The necklace you're wearing, isn't really worth it, an 890 Mast>Crit would be better, possibly even Crit>Mast because your crit seems a bit low (Not totally sure, can't see your armory for some reason)

Logs time!

Trilliax: Quite a bit of focus lost, during his beam you can still throw casts off, position yourself well and make sure you still get the last aimed shot of each vulnerable (Don't die doing this :P) If you get the gloves you can continue your rotation as normal during beam (Cheetah is good here to keep you safe if you don't have gloves). Your patient sniper was still a bit off, only 7 of your 23 vulnerable, had an aimed shot hit in the last 2seconds. That needs to be 23/23. You did vnice dmg considering though. (Make sure you run crows on this fight)

Aluriel: I'm not great at reading aoe logs, but just make sure you trueshot on pull, and then save for each add phase. Do normal ST rotation until first adds, then trueshot, multi+marked spam till you're close to 20 stacks (Don't overflow stacks) cast an aimed shot then repeat.

Tich: Nothing to say :P Good work. Just get the most out of your belt here.

Augur: Just really need to keep working on patient sniper, you did much better here than earlier, 16/37 aimed shots, but 12 of the vulnerables you just didn't cast an aimed shot, in high movement are you reverting to arcane-marked spam? Try to work around the movement and predict it, if timed perfectly with the fel debuff you can still cast an aimed shot between the drops on the ground. Debuff isn't applied instantly. But again that's tricky, you may just prefer to play it safe.

Botanist: Make sure you have trueshot when the boss hits 50%, prolonged with that (Hopefully your team lusts there) and enjoy your op belt :P It's so good there. And before that, just make sure your doing patient sniper right.

Elisande: Just patient sniper!

Huge improvement so far. Just keep working on Patient sniper and you'll be all oranges soon enough :P

Damn, I'm so impressed with the improvement since last time xD Very very nice man.

Non-rotation wise, try to replace that Chrono ASAP. https://puu.sh/vm50E/9a450ef3d0.png that's from the icyveins guide, and a list of better trinkets. Aim for better for sure. Shouldn't be too hard to improve on it.

If you can, try to aim for CoS/Arcway 2pc at a high enough ilvl to be an upgrade, (Sim them) but you have good alternatives so it isn't a huge drama.

The necklace you're wearing, isn't really worth it, an 890 Mast>Crit would be better, possibly even Crit>Mast because your crit seems a bit low (Not totally sure, can't see your armory for some reason)

Logs time!

Trilliax: Quite a bit of focus lost, during his beam you can still throw casts off, position yourself well and make sure you still get the last aimed shot of each vulnerable (Don't die doing this :P) If you get the gloves you can continue your rotation as normal during beam (Cheetah is good here to keep you safe if you don't have gloves). Your patient sniper was still a bit off, only 7 of your 23 vulnerable, had an aimed shot hit in the last 2seconds. That needs to be 23/23. You did vnice dmg considering though. (Make sure you run crows on this fight)

Aluriel: I'm not great at reading aoe logs, but just make sure you trueshot on pull, and then save for each add phase. Do normal ST rotation until first adds, then trueshot, multi+marked spam till you're close to 20 stacks (Don't overflow stacks) cast an aimed shot then repeat.

Tich: Nothing to say :P Good work. Just get the most out of your belt here.

Augur: Just really need to keep working on patient sniper, you did much better here than earlier, 16/37 aimed shots, but 12 of the vulnerables you just didn't cast an aimed shot, in high movement are you reverting to arcane-marked spam? Try to work around the movement and predict it, if timed perfectly with the fel debuff you can still cast an aimed shot between the drops on the ground. Debuff isn't applied instantly. But again that's tricky, you may just prefer to play it safe.

Botanist: Make sure you have trueshot when the boss hits 50%, prolonged with that (Hopefully your team lusts there) and enjoy your op belt :P It's so good there. And before that, just make sure your doing patient sniper right.

Elisande: Just patient sniper!

Huge improvement so far. Just keep working on Patient sniper and you'll be all oranges soon enough :P
    Changed my main around 2 months ago so i don't have changeable gears yet specially those neck and trinket, about neck thats my best sadly and trinket got 895 fogi but chrono somehow feels better coz it procs on my burst where 0.2 sec reduce on aim really helps a lot still trying to farm BTI via pug, our guild not doing M EN but thank you for reply gotta farm those crit gears, do there have any crit breakpoint should i seek or just get bit more not sure about that. Lastly our guild changing into horde and going to another realm so my new armory is here *http://us.battle.net/wow/character/t...rius/Esprity/*
    On patient sniper i think problem is i'm resetting it when i have to use arcane shot and got proc already, waiting 1-2 sec for last sec aimed shot might be better dps not sure about this yet, so i'm trying to fill every gcd
    edit: forgot to say after farming cos few times got shoulder/wrist set pack FEELSGOODMAN
    Last edited by aeonss; 2017-04-28 at 06:07 PM.

Changed my main around 2 months ago so i don't have changeable gears yet specially those neck and trinket, about neck thats my best sadly and trinket got 895 fogi but chrono somehow feels better coz it procs on my burst where 0.2 sec reduce on aim really helps a lot still trying to farm BTI via pug, our guild not doing M EN but thank you for reply gotta farm those crit gears, do there have any crit breakpoint should i seek or just get bit more not sure about that. Lastly our guild changing into horde and going to another realm so my new armory is here *http://us.battle.net/wow/character/t...rius/Esprity/*
    On patient sniper i think problem is i'm resetting it when i have to use arcane shot and got proc already, waiting 1-2 sec for last sec aimed shot might be better dps not sure about this yet, so i'm trying to fill every gcd
    Long run, Foci would be stronger. But try to get a mastery stat stick, or arcano but gl with that :P

No crit break points, you're in a decent spot atm actually. Good amount of haste/crit/mastery. You could actually lose a little crit for mast and not have it be a big deal. Definitely neck is your go to, when ti comes to replacing, the rest is just higher ilvl gear with more mast/crit.

If you have to use arcane shot, and already had a proc, do not use marked shot. You ONLY cast marked shot if you need to apply vulnerable, and windburst is on cd. Definitely don't cast every proc, it isn't worth it. Even if you waste 1000 procs. Aimed shot is more important on ST.

And if you need to wait, to make sure you get an aimed shot, do so. Try not to cap focus by doing that, but with practice you'll be able to predict and make sure you don't go into that with too much focus, so you can safely wait to cast aimed in the last second.

Long run, Foci would be stronger. But try to get a mastery stat stick, or arcano but gl with that :P

No crit break points, you're in a decent spot atm actually. Good amount of haste/crit/mastery. You could actually lose a little crit for mast and not have it be a big deal. Definitely neck is your go to, when ti comes to replacing, the rest is just higher ilvl gear with more mast/crit.

If you have to use arcane shot, and already had a proc, do not use marked shot. You ONLY cast marked shot if you need to apply vulnerable, and windburst is on cd. Definitely don't cast every proc, it isn't worth it. Even if you waste 1000 procs. Aimed shot is more important on ST.

And if you need to wait, to make sure you get an aimed shot, do so. Try not to cap focus by doing that, but with practice you'll be able to predict and make sure you don't go into that with too much focus, so you can safely wait to cast aimed in the last second.
    Maybe that was my problem on low patient sniper, definitely gonna try it, thank you for quick response

Maybe that was my problem on low patient sniper, definitely gonna try it, thank you for quick response
    All good! Best of luck Let me know how you go.

I definitely will, sadly our guild is not doing mythic atm where i log like once in a week, gotta do it on reset day not sure since we transferred still aiming for 100%

Character name: Ørion
    Spec: BM
    Legendaries: Helm/Belt
    Fight: all in the following logs:

Our guild had an off night and we didn't get the whole place cleared, but I'd love some feedback on my play with BM. I've only been playing the class and spec for about 10 days, so I feel like a noob. Please be as honest and blunt as necessary. I just want to improve.
    Last edited by Orandyn; 2017-05-03 at 05:05 AM.

Question: I'm going BM and I'm trying to figure out what the best Neck enchant is. I've armoried various other 910+ BM hunters and have seen Mark of the Claw, Hidden Satyr, Trained Soldier... not helpful when everyone using something different. Which should I be using?

Since realm transfer did our 1st mythic week (4/10 so far) somehow i sucked there mostly dead on progression still gonna post latest log
    WL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wkrADcVRCMvtKbYj
    Since i died on most kill there have nothing to see, no krosus log (re logged on break) but still any construction feedback would be great
    PS: Had my 1st trillax tries there somehow sucked on laser never really had a chance to cast aimshot coz can't run fast via food debuff and laser direction change scares me, what should i do

Since realm transfer did our 1st mythic week (4/10 so far) somehow i sucked there mostly dead on progression still gonna post latest log
    WL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wkrADcVRCMvtKbYj
    Since i died on most kill there have nothing to see, no krosus log (re logged on break) but still any construction feedback would be great
    PS: Had my 1st trillax tries there somehow sucked on laser never really had a chance to cast aimshot coz can't run fast via food debuff and laser direction change scares me, what should i do
    With mythic, your main focus needs to be to live. If you aren't comfortable casting aimed shots during beam, don't. Wait until you're comfortable with the fight.

Mechanics first, dps later, if dps is an issue, then focus on fixing it, but if you're dead you can't do dps :P

But really, your core dmg issue remains as patient sniper, 2/16 vulnerables on chrono, had an aimed shot hit in the last 2 seconds.