Poll: Do you dislike TV commercials?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] DAE hate TV ads?

Does anyone else have the same extreme distaste for TV commercials that I do?

I can't stand them, everyday they get worse and worse.. 99% of them are just plain stupid, and they get dumber and dumber everyday..

I HATE commercials.. /end rant
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    yesterday i posted in another thread, that they are one the reasons i barely watch TV, when i do i only watch BBC because it has no ads, i cannot stand them, its like 10mins of program, 5mins of ads. and the ads are getting longer and longer, and most of them dont even have anything to do with the product they are advertising. i was watching an ad once, it was literally on for 2mins, and i thought it was a program it was so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just can't stand that e-harmony crap.. i don't care you met someone online.. im happy you did. the rest of the world doesn't care.

Deleted
    I did but then there was this one in the UK for Benadryll which apparently is some kind of medicine and it just had loads of cute farmyard animal babies sneezing and since then whenever I feel angry, I remember that advert and it makes me happy. I feel like I should add some punctuation in there, but it's kinda late and I'm tired from waking up at 6am for the fucking grand prix. I've started ranting, I'm gonna shut the fuck up now. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right!.. Like what seems to get more & more prevalent everyday, is commercials that say or show something that has NOTHING to do with the product they're trying to sell.. Or (omg) What about all these pill commercials!?

The ones I notice to be more in population than others; Vehicles & vehicle insurance, pill ads, and Lawyers.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

DVR is my best friend. Otherwise I wait for it to be on Netflix or Hulu(sure there's still some commercials, but it's not that bad). Any that are actually worth watching are on the internet within 10 minutes of their first airing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    DVR is my best friend. Otherwise I wait for it to be on Netflix or Hulu(sure there's still some commercials, but it's not that bad). Any that are actually worth watching are on the internet within 10 minutes of their first airing anyway.
    IMHO.. DvRs should delete the ads they store when storing a show.. That would be awesome.

I love my PVR. Not only can I watch a recorded program whenever I want I can skip through the commercials which ultimately saves me 15-20 minutes to do other things. I can't see myself ever going back to not having a PVR. It would be like going back to dial-up to connect to the internet. /shudder

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the internet and my DVR, I do not think I have watched a commercial in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time i ever watch tv is if i missed a show and it's on On Demand or I just watch a stream of it. I very rarely watch tv itself with all the annoying commercials :l.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Absolutely loathe them.
    They're so sodding inconvenient. Oh and they always have the most inappropriate adverts on at dinner time. Seriously, ads about diarrhea medication, constipation medication, thrush creams, feminine hygiene products, incontinence pads and the like should be banned so they don't put me off my food >.<
    And if they aren't disgusting, they're talking down to you like you're some drooling moron.
    Or they're just plain idiotic (if I hear that fat bastard singing "go compare" one more time, I swear to god, I will hunt him down and inflict the vilest tortures I can conceive onto his quivering flabby flesh).

/end rant.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately with XFinity now some shows won't let you fast forward commercials, even if they're On Demand. This results in 20 "If you or a loved one" commercials that repeat the same thing 5 times, and boring IRS/Tax, or even worse, commercials that last 45 seconds that end with some "sharing, pass it on" crap. I DIDN'T GO TO ON DEMAND TO HAVE TO WATCH COMMERCIALS!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of them are very annoying, especially when they're like twice as loud as what you're watching. Or when they're those stupid 'Now that's what I call music 463089645.' I don't give a fuck. Some can be quite hilarious, but most just make me want to throw my tv out the door.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I stopped watching tv mainly because of commericals(and 99% of the day theres nothing on)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Absolutely loathe them.
    They're so sodding inconvenient. Oh and they always have the most inappropriate adverts on at dinner time. Seriously, ads about diarrhea medication, constipation medication, thrush creams, feminine hygiene products, incontinence pads and the like should be banned so they don't put me off my food >.<
    And if they aren't disgusting, they're talking down to you like you're some drooling moron.
    Or they're just plain idiotic (if I hear that fat bastard singing "go compare" one more time, I swear to god, I will hunt him down and inflict the vilest tortures I can conceive onto his quivering flabby flesh).

/end rant.

Hahahah! I love you!

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    I DIDN'T GO TO ON DEMAND TO HAVE TO WATCH COMMERCIALS!!!
    YES! Exactly!

I don't really mind the normal pointless commercial, but the ones that have WTF OMG LOUD NOISE just make me want to pimp slap somebody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha! []D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Unfortunately, I've only ever had 5 channels on my TV.
    Ouch! I'm sorry! =(

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked "don't mind" because I'm in the middle ground; there are some commercials that make me laugh like a moron until my show comes back on, which I like, and then there are the ones that come on at 500% of the volume of the previous programming because they know you've left the room to go get a sandwich. and then there are local commercials; local tv news does not need a commercial. my cable system has their own local "sports" (mostly high school local crap) channel, and they feel the need to advertise for it, how about NO! local car dealerships that think they're the funniest people on the planet, DIAF! local commercials push me more towards the "hate with a passion" category daily...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing a lot of the volume of commercials being an issue.. I agree full-heartedly.. But to expand on that.. I read or heard somewhere, there is going to be a standard set by the FCC about this exact problem.. Most commercials adhear to a certain volume standard. But there are some "rebels", if you will, that don't, just to get your attention. Ads have been using this tactic for awhile now, and I guess it pissed off the "wrong" people.