Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    7. Healer's companions are made stronger by a stat called "Presence" which is also the main healing stat, it was made so that you could level as a healer. Asides from that, nothing really makes them stronger except you leveling up, they're almost always weaker than you damage wise.
    I'm not really sure where you got that 'Presence' is a main healing stat....because it's not. There are 3 other 'power' stats that increase healing, but Presence is not one of them. All Presence does is increases your companions attributes in some way (usually higher health/armor/damage). At least, this is from DS POV.

Companions are pretty amazing. But there are also some reiterations with companions. What someone else said about each companion falling into the 5 points is somewhat off. As a Sith Sorc, I have a tank, 3 ranged DPS/healers and 1 melee DPS. I don't have a ranged tank. While that would be nice, it really isn't that necessary.

You can gear your companions much as you can gear yourself. That's how you improve upon them and make them stronger.
    Last edited by Muya; 2011-10-17 at 11:13 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post
    I'm not really sure where you got that 'Presence' is a main healing stat....because it's not. There are 3 other 'power' stats that increase healing, but Presence is not one of them. All Presence does is increases your companions attributes in some way (usually higher health/armor/damage). At least, this is from DS POV.

Companions are pretty amazing. But there are also some reiterations with companions. What someone else said about each companion falling into the 5 points is somewhat off. As a Sith Sorc, I have a tank, 2 ranged DPS/healers and 1 melee DPS. I don't have a ranged tank. While that would be nice, it really isn't that necessary.

You can gear your companions much as you can gear yourself. That's how you improve upon them and make them stronger.
    Ranged tanks are awesome As a Smuggler so far I have 1 ranged tank, 1 melee tank and 1 ranged dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Your main companion as a Sith Sorc is all you really need.

I'm not sure why I have 2 comps that can run as ranged dps/heals....it's a bit odd.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

I believe I'm allowed to say:
    You will die. It won't be nearly as annoying as it is in WoW.

posted in the wrong thread! :/
    Last edited by Zeerid; 2011-10-17 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerid View Post
    Guess I'll answer the question of the thread. When you die

Two options.

Option 1: A medical droid probe thing comes and revives you where you died, granting you 8 seconds to run away and heal up. (This has a cooldown attached to it)

Option 2: Revive at a med center

Of course any nearby player could also revive you.
    This thread asks about LS/DS and companions. Death thread is over here.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    This thread asks about LS/DS and companions. Death thread is over here.
    Haha, you would be correct. Being sick has made me delerious!

I spent majority of my week playing the beta. I'm not going to ruin anything or break the beta agreement but most of the questions you asked can be found
    on forums anyways. One more thing, ive played WoW for 4 years and after playing the beta i have no doubt that my Wow playing days are over, if you haven't pre-ordered it yet do so.

• Is there a single bar that goes left or right depending the points you gain? for example if I gain 100 light points I move the bar left, so basically at the same time I lose 100 Dark points? or there are two separate bars that start from 0 and going on?

- You will see a bar beside your character when you look at your gear. You start the game in the middle, the more good or evil you do will determine if it goes up or down. There is no benefit in early levels but i hear there will be perks at lvl 50 depending on you choices.

• In the second case, will you be able to fill both sides if you do every quest available?

-No it can only go up or down.

• In the first case, what will be the difference if someone is 75% light side and 25% dark side from someone that will be 100% light side – 0% Dark side?

-Not known at this point, but im sure it will make a difference in end game content.

About Companions.

• Can you change the appearance of your companions?

- Yes, items will drop from mobs or quests that let you change the appearance of your companion

• Can you chose which companions you want or not? or every character have a fixed amount of the same companions?

- You get companions based on your class, you cannot pick which you will get.

• Can you change their names?

- No, or at least not at this point in development.

• how you make them stronger? you buy them armor pieces? or is a talent tree (like BM hunter) in which your companion gets stronger and you lose some power?

- The companion levels up with you like in WoW. Also mobs not only drop gear for you but for your companion also. You can change their gear like you would your own.

• Can you specialize them in something? for example Harvesting, or they are already specialized in something before you get them?

- Once you get your ship at lvl 20 you should be able to focus on different professions.

• Is there a fixed level where you get your companions? For example 1st companion at 10 lvl , 2nd at 30, e.t.c.? or you can acquire them sooner/later depending on which place you are questing?

- depending on the story, i saw other classes with companions many levels before i got mine.

* Also the answers you give in your story not only affect you light/dark points but the affection of your companion.

Quote Originally Posted by swtorextreme View Post
    Started a series which will explain companions in detail. This is the first vid that covers most of ur Q's. more to come soon so feel free to sub to get updates on the rest.

just excellent m8 :P

also thank the rest for all the info :P Companions are really gonna be awesome part of the game, at least for me :P
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The game looks so good (in the vid above), I just hope that my computer will be able to run it on max settings. /drool