Assassination PVP Top Tier? Calling all glad rogues

I am really confused after reviewing the 3v3 ladder, and also watching some tournys that have come up over the last week or so. There seems to be a lot of people playing assassination for 3s.

I tried the spec have 13 pts into weapon, and i feel like it just doesn't compete compared to the utility/mobility of sub, or outlaw.

Assassination has no blind, no blinks, no gauge. Only mobility is sprint. I don't even feel like the damage is even close to the other specs. It may be that I just don't know how to play the spec well, because i mostly invested my time on sub/outlaw..

What am i missing here? I really haven't done any arena yet as I am still looking for some decent players to play with, so please enlighten me.

Just a guess here but Assassination has good bleeds and spread pressure.. So i am guessing they are good with spread damage classes in 3's good for melting everyone at once and winning by too much damage to too many people for the healer to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by jalfo View Post
    I am really confused after reviewing the 3v3 ladder, and also watching some tournys that have come up over the last week or so. There seems to be a lot of people playing assassination for 3s.

I tried the spec have 13 pts into weapon, and i feel like it just doesn't compete compared to the utility/mobility of sub, or outlaw.

Assassination has no blind, no blinks, no gauge. Only mobility is sprint. I don't even feel like the damage is even close to the other specs. It may be that I just don't know how to play the spec well, because i mostly invested my time on sub/outlaw..

What am i missing here? I really haven't done any arena yet as I am still looking for some decent players to play with, so please enlighten me.
    1.: Wound Poison. (50% healing reduction)
    2.: The highest opening burst of all three specs (if well played and with points on the right talents)
    3.: Spread pressure (by bleeding and poisoning everyone)
    4.: Wound Poison.
    5.: Have I said Wound Poison?

It might be not the best spec for rated BGs and regular ones, but is for sure the best ones for arena mach and I am pretty sure it has the highest sustained dps outside coldowns such Adrenaline Rush from Outlaw and Shadow Dance from Sub.

But.. I am a rogue.